gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

16 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Abi Ofarim (from the Esther & Abi Ofarim duo) has died aged 80.

Very considerate of him. Unique hit for my #1 Hits Derby Dead Pool team.

13 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Fucking hell, just saw the pics of him in his later years.:lol:

I was so confused the first time I heard that song and did a Google Image search on him. The dweebiest male vocal in music history was somehow recorded by what looks like a retired 1980s WWE star.

bp02u9O.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, machotrouts said:

Very considerate of him. Unique hit for my #1 Hits Derby Dead Pool team.

I was so confused the first time I heard that song and did a Google Image search on him. The dweebiest male vocal in music history was somehow recorded by what looks like a retired 1980s WWE star.

bp02u9O.png

His ex-missus is still gigging at 76. Obitable for sure but not looking remotely like one of ours just yet. Link to a write up about her gigging in February here: http://www.esther-ofarim.de/Disco.htm

Completly shocked and sad about the death of Maurane, France Is crying one of her most talented singer today...

19 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Completly shocked and sad about the death of Maurane, France Is crying one of her most talented singer today...

Does France own Belgium?:huh:

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Does France own Belgium?:huh:

No, she was Belgian but her career was really influent in France and she was considered as a French singer by many people… She has spend a lot of her career in France btw 

TV producer Norman Rosemont died April 22 at age 93 at his home in Scottsdale, Ariz. Rosemont worked on multiple projects throughout his career, including “The Secret Garden” and “All Quiet on the Western Front.”

At the 1988 Primetime Emmy Awards, Rosemont accepted the Emmy for outstanding children’s program for his work on the TV movie “The Secret Garden,” which first aired in 1987. “All Quiet on the Western Front” won the 1980 Golden Globe for best motion picture made for television. Before receiving those honors, Rosemont previously produced two Emmys ceremonies in 1977 and 1979.
SC

Film editor on Lawrence of Arabia and (my) DDP pick Anne V Coates has died according to BAFTA:

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Film editor on Lawrence of Arabia and (my) DDP pick Anne V Coates has died according to BAFTA:

Express obit. Although she’ll definitely get better...

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Express obit. Although she’ll definitely get better...

There's no getting better from being dead.....

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, YoungWillz said:

There's no getting better from being dead.....

Of course I miss the crucial word. Typical. :rolleyes:

That’s what you get for not drinking coffee today...

• Haha 1

Adam Parfrey, man behind the publishing company Feral House, has died aged 61. They were one of America's leading underground publishing houses in the 1990s, providing the definitive works on Ed Wood and satanic heavy metal, and also published works by Anton LaVey, The Unabomber and Joseph Goebbels. Big influence on The X-Files, unsurprisingly. 

His dad, who also died at 61, was character actor Woodrow Parfrey (Dirty Harry, Planet of the Apes, Papillion).

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Adam Parfrey, man behind the publishing company Feral House, has died aged 61. They were one of America's leading underground publishing houses in the 1990s, providing the definitive works on Ed Wood and satanic heavy metal, and also published works by Anton LaVey, The Unabomber and Joseph Goebbels. Big influence on The X-Files, unsurprisingly. 

His dad, who also died at 61, was character actor Woodrow Parfrey (Dirty Harry, Planet of the Apes, Papillion).

I've likely bought Adam Parfrey a few drinks over the years given the tonnage of his published works I own. Worth mentioning he was a capable author as well as publisher and Cult Rapture - his Louis Thereoux/Jon Ronson style foray into some the weirder organisations around - is as good as the works of others he published. Lords of Chaos (the definitive work at the time on satanic heavy metal) is arguably the best thing FH ever did.

• Like 1

Peter Mayer, a leading mainstream and independent publisher of the past half century who acquired such million-selling books as "Up the Down Staircase" and "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" and was known for his innovative and volatile style, died Friday at age 82.

Mayer's daughter, Liese Mayer, told The Associated Press that he died at his Manhattan home of complications related to amyloidosis.

SC

Antonio Mercero, director of old Channel 4 late night "this will fuck you up" favourite La Cabina, dead at 82.

la-cabina.jpg

Weirdly I checked a year or so ago to see if the actor from it was still alive and a suitable DDP pick, but he died in 2009.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Antonio Mercero, director of old Channel 4 late night "this will fuck you up" favourite La Cabina, dead at 82.

la-cabina.jpg

Weirdly I checked a year or so ago to see if the actor from it was still alive and a suitable DDP pick, but he died in 2009.

Shit, I remember watching that YEARS ago, never saw it again.

Funky Cold Medina.  My entry for biggest POS to die 2018.

Capt. Ernest L. Medina, the company commander accused and acquitted of responsibility for killing hundreds of Vietnamese civilians in the My Lai Massacre, has died.

Medina, 81, died May 8, according to an obituary by the Thielen Funeral Home of Marinette, Wisc. The cause of death was not listed.

As commander of Company C of the 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 11th Infantry Brigade (Light) of the 23rd (Americal) Division, Medina was one of some 30 soldiers the Army accused of participating in or covering up the murders.
On the morning of March 18, 1968, Medina and the three platoons of his infantry company entered My Lai village in South Vietnam’s south central coastal region.

They had suffered losses in the past few weeks while never having engaged with the enemy and were urged to be aggressive in the village they’d been told would contain only enemy fighters.

The village in fact contained only unarmed old men, women, children and babies.

But over the next few hours, soldiers went on a rampage of murder, rape and torture, in which at least 347 civilians died, according to Army investigation records. The Vietnamese government lists 504 killed.

SC

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

Margot Kidder of Superman fame dead at 69

If only there was a way to reverse time....

• Haha 2

Margot Kidder of Black Christmas fame! Damn.

Sad, we lost a great Canadian actress.