gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

Damn! Didn't notice Comic writer William van Cutsem a.k.a. William Vance died. Another hero of my youth. His work is so realistic and so cool. What a loss for the comic world.

da4e4804dfb812d037df29bb04685fdd-1526362

Just do the google search and see this masterful art!

• Like 3

Special place in hell for that twat.  RIP to her son.

Edit: What, no video footage?  Every one of the NYC skyscrapers has cameras all over.  There's some sick bastard security guard making popcorn going over the 24-hour footage right now.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Who's this DJ Neptune? Did he die or something?

No idea, but I believe the person who posted that is a spammer...

On 12/05/2018 at 14:13, Spade_Cooley said:

Antonio Mercero, director of old Channel 4 late night "this will fuck you up" favourite La Cabina, dead at 82.

la-cabina.jpg

Weirdly I checked a year or so ago to see if the actor from it was still alive and a suitable DDP pick, but he died in 2009.

So late night Channel 4 has always been that fucking weird?

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

So late night Channel 4 has always been that fucking weird?

Oh yes.  I particularly used to enjoy a late-night unscripted chat show where the guests were provided with unlimited booze, wound up and let go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Dark_(TV_series)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oh yes.  I particularly used to enjoy a late-night unscripted chat show where the guests were provided with unlimited booze, wound up and let go.

Alas, very few of those appear to have turned up online. Saw the first one about a decade ago, very interesting about how Peter Hain apparently got stitched up by the SA secret police in the 70s, and there was this old farmer who got arrested for breaking an official secrets act thing he didn't even know had existed.

English historian Bernard Lewis has died. My second death today :scratchhead:

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Wow. How have I never heard of this programme? Sounds incredible.

Channel 4 in the 80s, for me anyway, seemed to be clogged with Bollywood productions of the 60s, an incredibly turgid Chinese import called Empress Wu, 15 to 1 with William G Stewart, the godawful Pob's Programme and Transworld Sport

3 hours ago, Heef said:

Wow. How have I never heard of this programme? Sounds incredible.

Channel 4 in the 80s, for me anyway, seemed to be clogged with Bollywood productions of the 60s, an incredibly turgid Chinese import called Empress Wu, 15 to 1 with William G Stewart, the godawful Pob's Programme and Transworld Sport

Pob was a hero and anyone that disagrees is a nob.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Heef said:

Transworld Sport

That would be something different today, wouldn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Toast said:

That would be something different today, wouldn't it?

Yeah - some colourful head on collision between weightlifting and the Eurovision Song Contest. 

Tbh - it'd probably be a major hit on television

• Like 2

On 18/05/2018 at 17:44, Spade_Cooley said:

Stephanie Adams, Playboy Playmate for November 1992, has jumped to her death from a Manhattan window, killing both herself and her seven-year-old son.

I knew I recognised the name from somewhere: she was in the press last year after she allegedly fired her (now ex) husband's yoga teacher for being too attractive.

No a VIP but today an Italian father did the same with his young daughter. Pushing her off a viaduct and jumping after her. Both didn't survive. It seems to be connected with another crime the same day in which a woman was pushed from the fourth floor of a building, also dying. 

On 19/05/2018 at 11:04, gcreptile said:

Pop Artist Robert Indiana, of "LOVE" fame, now "bedridden and infirm":

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-art-robertindiana-lawsuit/legacy-of-love-artist-robert-indiana-is-subject-of-new-lawsuit-idUSKCN1IJ2Q9

There's also a different opinion in the same article though.

Dead

EDIT: My town actually has a sign styled by him at my town’s college campus. Think it’s a great sign. RIP. 

• Like 1

On 05/22/2018 at 02:01, Joey Russ said:

Dead

EDIT: My town actually has a sign styled by him at my town’s college campus. Think it’s a great sign. RIP. 

tmp_2463-Y5UOb1751858098.png.5d7fa372629ec62303749839cc9cba2f.png

logo-placeholder.png

• Haha 1

Elizabeth Sung (IMDb), Chinese/Hong Kong actress who appeared in The Young and Restless from 1994-1996, as well as Hawaii Five-0The Sopranos and Curb Your Enthusiam has died aged 63.

Not sure if previously mentioned, but the film director, Vincent McEveety, has died at the age of 88. He was best known for directing many live-action Disney films of the 70s and 80s including The Strongest Man in the World, Gus, Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo, The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again, and Herbie Goes Bananas.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?n=vincent-m-mceveety&pid=189084513&

11 hours ago, markb4 said:

Not sure if previously mentioned, but the film director, Vincent McEveety, has died at the age of 88. He was best known for directing many live-action Disney films of the 70s and 80s including The Strongest Man in the World, Gus, Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo, The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again, and Herbie Goes Bananas.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?n=vincent-m-mceveety&pid=189084513&

You've gotta hope they don't combine the funeral with a film festival based entirely on his "hits" then

13 hours ago, markb4 said:

Google bio says he died  in a fire.  Sounded gruesome and shitty enough way to die so I go to Wiki for obit it goes back to your Legacy link and I read it thrice not a word about a fire, maybe they saw candle on front of Legacy and made assumptions?  Lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

You've gotta hope they don't combine the funeral with a film festival based entirely on his "hits" then

I actually like The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again, lol!

Loris Karius 1993-2018.

• Like 1