gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

Stringfellow  didn't tell people he was ill. Bad sport. He once said he was going to live to be 150....he lied.

16 hours ago, Death Impends said:

A quick Twitter search gives a couple of "RIP Teddy Johnson" tweets, not sure of the reliability though.

2018-06-07 06.00.50.png

14 minutes ago, Darkman said:

Stringfellow  didn't tell people he was ill. Bad sport. He once said he was going to live to be 150....he lied.

Sad news.

If only he’d sat under an oak tree chanting , singing and threatening to kill innocent ducks he’d have had a bit longer. And yes Leah I’m looking at you....

37 minutes ago, Phantom said:

2018-06-07 06.00.50.png

Eurovision TV has it now but that is not qualifying. If one comes through it is a hit in 20/20 for me.

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Eurovision TV has it now but that is not qualifying. If one comes through it is a hit in 20/20 for me.

BBC will have it, never fear.

• Like 1

Wiki is now reporting that Teddy Johnson died on 6 June aged 97.

37 minutes ago, Snakeman said:

Wiki is now reporting that Teddy Johnson died on 6 June aged 97.

Nothing gets past you, does it?

Stringfellow had liver cancer once, which is why he was on my shortlonglist. My last check-up on him (news, not medical) didn't reveal anything new though.

After a drought in the past week, my longlist lost about 8 people in the last two days... Stringfellow, Johnson, Maren, Schoendienst, Wilson, Brian Browne, C. M. Newton, Mansur Nuriddin and, from my very rudimentary "minor names" list, Fu Da-Ren.

Stringfellow.

Commiserations from Frank Bruno.

* add to Sutcliffe, Saville.....

Cunts got dementia.

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Doesnt even have a Wiki article. Slow news day at TMZ clearly as they seldom report on the bottom feeders.

Plus in a general thread, the words Alan O'Neill mean nothing without context.

with the deaths of Mary Wilson + David Duncan + Georges Loinger + Jerry Maren, I had 4 hits in just 24 hours… 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

with the deaths of Mary Wilson + David Duncan + Georges Loinger + Jerry Maren, I had 4 hits in just 24 hours… 

Not sure what evidence you have that Georges Loinger has died, cause I’m not finding anything on his demise...

kate spade  fashion designer and american buisineswoman took own life  call number 1800-273-8255 people need to talk she leaves a husband behind may she rest in piece

may anthony bourdain  kate spade and alan o neil may rest in piece 

• Like 1

It's the Anti-Zorders!

1 hour ago, ramon said:

may anthony bourdain  kate spade and alan o neil may rest in piece 

Say what you will but its refreshing to see genuine sympathy rather than the callous of several regulars.

6 hours ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

Say what you will but its refreshing to see genuine sympathy rather than the callous of several regulars.

of coursed that so true ok

On 06/07/2018 at 22:08, Ulitzer95 said:

Doesnt even have a Wiki article. Slow news day at TMZ clearly as they seldom report on the bottom feeders.

Joins another Fair City actor without a wiki who died the day before.

Stephen Swift at 44.

https://www.irishcentral.com/culture/irish-actor-stephen-swift-dies

Even made an appeance in Game of Thrones, but as that is filmed over there I'd imagine every Irish actor will end up in its cast.

350?cb=20160720012634

Legendary Northwest skateboarder and skatepark designer Mark “Monk” Hubbard has died.  Hubbard was 47 years old. The cause of his death was not immediately known.  His death was confirmed by friend and Thrasher Magazine Editor-in-Chief Jake Phelps.

Hubbard was the president and founder of Grindline Skateparks, headquartered in West Seattle. Grindline is one of the world’s premiere skateboard park design and build firms.

For skateboarders across the world, Hubbard was a significant figure. In the early 90’s, he helped build Portland’s Burnside Skatepark, seen by many as the model for modern parks.

SC

• Sad 1

Actor Sean O'Dell (aka Jackson O'Dell), who had a recurring role in the TV series 'the Goldbergs' from 2013 to 2015 and appeared in the 2011 movie 'Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer' has died at age 20.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/10/actor-sean-odell-dead-dies/

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2909628/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t13

Edit:  Info in original link has been changed to correct the name of the deceased to Jackson O'Dell.

Edited by alt obits guy
New information

John McElrath, the lead singer of the 1960s band the Swingin' Medallions, who had a U.S. top 40 hit with the title track to their lone charted album, 'Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love)', has died at the age of 77.

http://www.wbrc.com/story/38391208/john-mcelrath-founding-member-of-the-swingin-medallions-passes-away-at-77