gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

Prolific opera singer Kristine Ciesinski, a soprano who appeared in productions around the world, has died in a glider accident.  She was 65.  Ciesinski also appeared in the 2017 documentary 'Icky Fingers',  about an e-mail rock keyboardist Keith Emerson, of Emerson, Lake & Palmer fame, sent about the injuries with which he dealt and how it may have foreshadowed his suicide.

http://slippedisc.com/2018/06/awful-news-international-soprano-is-killed-in-glider-crash/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6042730/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_1

On 10/06/2018 at 21:38, alt obits guy said:

Prolific opera singer Kristine Ciesinski, a soprano who appeared in productions around the world, has died in a glider accident.  She was 65.  Ciesinski also appeared in the 2017 documentary 'Icky Fingers',  about an e-mail rock keyboardist Keith Emerson, of Emerson, Lake & Palmer fame, sent about the injuries with which he dealt and how it may have foreshadowed his suicide.

http://slippedisc.com/2018/06/awful-news-international-soprano-is-killed-in-glider-crash/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6042730/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_1

We also have a thread for opera:

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/3533-opera/?tab=comments#comment-74684

I hope you put time into learning our threads, I’m glad to see you picking up the slack on some obits.  Don’t make Sir Creep angry.  He’s typically extremely patient (lmao) as you can see.

He can post a death wherever that it’s appropriate as long as the death haven’t already been posted there first...

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

We also have a thread for opera:

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/3533-opera/?tab=comments#comment-74684

I hope you put time into learning our threads, I’m glad to see you picking up the slack on some obits.  Don’t make Sir Creep angry.  He’s typically extremely patient (lmao) as you can see.

This one was more on me for not seeking out an opera thread.  Do wish to say that though I may be new to the Deathlist, my online trail for obit postings goes back a good 18 years to Google Groups / deja news / usenet / whatever you want to call it.  But, yes, must learn threads and continue to look in search engine to find most appropriate one for each obit.  Got it.

Any and all deaths should be posted in the annual thread, regardless of what Sir Creep says as well as in any specifically appropriate thread.

• Like 3

It's late and I can't be bothered looking for a proper link but Tenko's  Domenica 'Metro Goldwyn' Van Meyer, Elizabeth Chambers, died recently. The funeral was last Tuesday apparently.  She was married to the late Ken Riddington. 

Sad news. She was wonderful in Tenko.

Billy Graham is the only one from the 2017 list that survived in 2017, that has died this year.

Drama Wales Facebook page has just posted that Welsh playwright Frank Vickery died this morning...possibly not that famous outside Wales but he is  huge in Welsh theatre circles.

7 hours ago, Putin said:

Billy Graham is the only one from the 2017 list that survived in 2017, that has died this year.

Really, he’s the only person from last year’s list who died this year? Wow, you’re a genius Sherlock...

7 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Really, he’s the only person from last year’s list who died this year? Wow, you’re a genius Sherlock...

Well who else expect Graham has died this year from the 2017 list? 

36 minutes ago, Putin said:

Well who else expect Graham has died this year from the 2017 list? 

Someone missed my sarcasm. Then again, you did support a narcissist to be our current president, so why should I be surprised? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Someone missed my sarcasm. Then again, you did support a narcissist to be our current president, so why should I be surprised? 

Still better then Hillary as president I guess

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Still better then Hillary as president I guess

A barn full of Mexican children may disagree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Booth Trump and Hillary was bad choices honestly for USA 

15 minutes ago, Putin said:

Booth Trump and Hillary was bad choices honestly for USA 

Then why did you help Trump? 

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Then why did you help Trump? 

Mother Russia don't want to have war with America, and Hillary has threatened Russia with war. So we wanted Trump instead of her, that's the reason, even if it is also a bad choice. Hope America get better president in 2020

It's funny how things change. Bill Clinton and Boris Yeltzin were best buddies, and who knows, maybe Boris and Hillary had a glass (or two, or three) of Wodka together.

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

They're Mexican, fuck all to do with you, so don't put fucking shite like that up as an argument.

Several countries subject to american influence may agree.

Puerto Rico, much as they want inclusion to being a proper state, are fucked as per recent posts by Yankee liberals on here.

Should still be with Spain IMO, not as right wing cunts oppressing them.

Clinton / Obama etc might be 'leftie' to the yanks on here, but they are Nazi bastards to most of the Wurlt.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, charon said:

They're Mexican, fuck all to do with you, so don't put fucking shite like that up as an argument.

Several countries subject to american influence may agree.

Puerto Rico, much as they want inclusion to being a proper state, are fucked as per recent posts by Yankee liberals on here.

Should still be with Spain IMO, not as right wing cunts oppressing them.

Clinton / Obama etc might be 'leftie' to the yanks on here, but they are Nazi bastards to most of the Wurlt.

I can say I didn't understand a single sentence of your disjointed rant.  Especially averring that Sir Creep made or was involved in an argument, as described by OED or Webster's (you pick).
Put that crack pipe down, luv.
SC

On 12/01/2018 at 17:28, msc said:

Hearing Bella Emberg (actress) has died aged 80. Link to follow (or apology given death reports this week!)

The Daily Mail reports Emberg's cause of death as "alcohol toxicity", having collapsed following a drinking binge. 

20 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

The Daily Mail reports Emberg's cause of death as "alcohol toxicity", having collapsed following a drinking binge. 

Lucky they didn't cremate her, then

She'd have taken the crematorium with her

Took his time!

• Like 1