gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

Only Hare's 2017 survivor I dropped because I thought he'd be a late 2017/early 2018 death. Instead makes it all the way to November '18, a funny game, deadpooling!

I dismissed Mack as not having a great chance at a QO -- which of course came across in minutes -- so I clearly haven't a handle on the type of person the UK publications are drawn to.  
SC

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

I dismissed Mack as not having a great chance at a QO -- which of course came across in minutes -- so I clearly haven't a handle on the type of person the UK publications are drawn to.  
SC

He’s Australian, so he was always a cert for an obit...

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

He’s Australian, so he was always a cert for an obit...

Um.... what in the hell?  That's the reason he ISN'T you boob.  Tell that to the plethora of Canucks what don't get a QO.  
If extra-terrestrial intelligent life comes to our planet I sure hope it isn't Joey showing them around the place.

Guardian and Mail don't give a shit about Canada (or New Zealand) but are obsessed with all things Australia. That's the big difference.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Um.... what in the hell?  That's the reason he ISN'T you boob.  Tell that to the plethora of Canucks what don't get a QO.  
If extra-terrestrial intelligent life comes to our planet I sure hope it isn't Joey showing them around the place.

Daily Mail is obsessed with getting page views in Australia (must be ad money) so will give obits to all kinds of Ozzie celebs.

On 16/10/2018 at 22:17, gcreptile said:

Straight from Wikipedia, but too interesting:

Dennis Hof, US brothel owner, dead at 72:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6283331/Bunny-Ranch-brothel-owner-Dennis-Hof-dies-aged-72-just-weeks-general-election.html

He called himself the "Trump from Parumph". His partner was Heidi Fleiss, a.k.a. the infamous "Hollywood Madam".

His corpse was found by Ron Jeremy a day after a birthday party with infamous Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Dennis Hof  - dead, but elected!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/politics-and-government/nevada/dennis-hof-deceased-brothel-owner-wins-nevada-assembly-race-1521112/

15 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Is this me or is this really a slooow period in death these Times ? 

I have about 1400 names on my two databases and I haven't lost one since Cicely Berry on 15th October

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Is this me or is this really a slooow period in death these Times ? 

That's the unpredictability of death.

10 minutes ago, markb4 said:

That's the unpredictability of death.

I think the Snowflake thread is a symptom of the slow death time. If there is not enough action on the pools the conversations begin to get really strange.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I think the Snowflake thread is a symptom of the slow death time. If there is not enough action on the pools the conversations begin to get really strange.

Aye, but remember what happened when, barring a number of DDP shortlisters, the last 6 weeks of 2015 brought Jimmy Hill and William McIlvanney as the only massively notable deaths.

2016 came next.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, msc said:

Aye, but remember what happened when, barring a number of DDP shortlisters, the last 6 weeks of 2015 brought Jimmy Hill and William McIlvanney as the only massively notable deaths.

2016 came next.

Greville Janner died the same weekend as Jimmy Hill. It rang a bell so I had to check it out. My work game in 2015 had no hits between 3rd August and 2nd October when Denis Healey died.

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I have about 1400 names on my two databases and I haven't lost one since Cicely Berry on 15th October

that's a long time ago, idk what's going on but I'm tired to wait for someone to pass away :/

2 hours ago, msc said:

2016 came next.

True.

2018 really wasn't the most "exciting" year. But then 2016 was hard to top, and 2017 was slow-burning but quite hard-hitting.

It had to happen eventually.

I don’t think my home DP this year has gone more than a couple weeks this year without a hit, but Burt Reynolds was the last one to date.

Please some fucker outta there die now! I can't stand one more deathless day!

• Like 4

Ok, from what I understand there won't be any notable death from now on as the Reaper himself has copped it. So we have to organize:

*msc goes to Chandigarh and Balbir Singh will be only a bad memory

*Sir Creep goes to Managua and lights a candle for Violeta Chamorro

*joeyruss has a difficult task: he has to go to New Dehli and send Dilip Kumar out of space

*DI goes to Bejing and puts away Li Rui

*gcreptile visits Siddaganga Mutt

*I go for the most difficult mission: take out General Anh. I can show you a clip which illustrates how I will work.

If everyone has understood you can start now!

P.S. For police officers, *THAT'S A JOKE* THAT'S A JOKE* THAT'S A JOKE* It was completely unpredictable they would all be killed on the same day, officer!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 21/10/2018 at 21:37, gcreptile said:

Spiro Boursine or Boursinos (articles differ), founder of Earthcore Festival, dead at 45 in police custody...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6299959/Bush-doof-pioneer-died-pinned-handcuffed-police-bar-brawl.html

First the Burning Man festival, now Earthcore....who's next??

Well... almost the same... the president of Comic-Con, John Rogers has died of glioBLASTOMA:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11/10/san-diego-comic-con-president-john-rogers-died/

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, drol said:

Ok, from what I understand there won't be any notable death from now on as the Reaper himself has copped it. So we have to organize:

*joeyruss has a difficult task: he has to go to New Dehli and send Dilip Kumar out of space

*I go for the most difficult mission: take out General Anh. I can show you a clip which illustrates how I will work.

P.S. For police officers, *THAT'S A JOKE* THAT'S A JOKE* THAT'S A JOKE* It was completely unpredictable they would all be killed on the same day, officer!

Now I have images of charon in Deathlist HQ: "Ok, all 6 are dead, but according to the Population Crisis Map, half a million cuntos were born in the same time period..."

• Haha 1

:lol: As if there is a forum mad enough to allow me near the reigns .

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, drol said:

Can I go to Paris and permanently end Jean Tantigents treatment.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, drol said:

Someone also needs to give Richard Overton an exploding cigar.

• Haha 1

Did you hear Tithonus (of Troy) was seen visiting Le Duc Anh, drol?

"I'm here to take longevity lessons from the master", the Greek told reporters.

Kumar has died. 

Yep, that’s right. Arnanth Kumar, MP and the current Minister of Parliamentary Affairs from India has died aged 59. 

16 hours ago, drol said:

joeyruss has a difficult task: he has to go to New Dehli and send Dilip Kumar out of space

I’m sorry drol, I think I got tricked into getting the wrong Kumar. Please don’t get angry at me...

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1