gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

You bastard lol 

7 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Angler John Wilson, who hosted "Go Fishing" on Anglia for yonks back when I was a kid, dead at 75.

Should have been called Anglia Angling surely?;)

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Mentioned on here a few times, and a DDP pick, Little House on the Prairie actress Katherine MacGregor has died aged 93.

Whilst a towering figure in the 1970s, question is will she obit in the UK?

Don't get me wrong, I think she should but let's face it, she's most famous for a "bit part" in a US series (yes that's controversial for those of us who remember her character, but it has been a long time). I think the lack of famous deaths recently might help.

21 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Whilst a towering figure in the 1970s, question is will she obit in the UK?

Don't get me wrong, I think she should but let's face it, she's most famous for a "bit part" in a US series (yes that's controversial for those of us who remember her character, but it has been a long time). I think the lack of famous deaths recently might help.

It may have faded in memory across the globe,but the show has been a fixture of cable reruns in the Usa for decades.Not to mention the actor who played her husband on the series got a Daily Mail Obit when he died a few years ago. I would be shocked if she didn't get an obit,particularly since her charecter and her daughter on the series Nellie, were the main antagonist of the Ingalls family throughout most of the series.

• Like 1

Just now, CaptainChorizo said:

It may have faded in memory across the globe,but the show has been a fixture of cable reruns in the Usa for decades.Not to mention the actor who played her husband on the series got a Daily Mail Obit when he died a few years ago. I would be shocked if she didn't get an obit,particularly since her charecter and her daughter on the series Nellie, were the main antagonist of the Ingalls family most of the series.

Don't think it has re-run here as much.

But ah, the good ole unpublished Daily Mail copy and paste wire obit. I was thinking Metro might, with a Times Obit sometime in January 2019. Ha!

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Don't think it has re-run here as much.

But ah, the good ole unpublished Daily Mail copy and paste wire obit. I was thinking Metro might, with a Times Obit sometime in January 2019. Ha!

There's 34 episodes on repeat on Freeview in the next week alone, apparently! ftr it's never off those string of dull channels that focus on that sort of thing - True, Really, etc and their predecessors.

Another kick in the cold dead balls of Robert Mandan...:P

4 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

It may have faded in memory across the globe,but the show has been a fixture of cable reruns in the Usa for decades.Not to mention the actor who played her husband on the series got a Daily Mail Obit when he died a few years ago. I would be shocked if she didn't get an obit,particularly since her charecter and her daughter on the series Nellie, were the main antagonist of the Ingalls family throughout most of the series.

It has been rerun here on the more obscure channels for a long time, on and off. She was a major character in the series, the pushy, snobby mother/wife.

Anybody that watched the series in the 70s here, and millions did, would know exactly who she was, just by saying that she played Nellies mum.

There is far more obscure acting crap that gets obits and mentions on here.

The show was very popular here.

14 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Yes, though not in this thread so you’re fine...

• Like 1

Pablo Ferro, a title designer for classics such as Dr. Strangelove and Clockwork Orange, dead at 83:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/pablo-ferro-dead-dies-title-designer-dr-strangelove-1203031822/

These people have to exist, too. Nice to have a face and a name there.

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Pretty much the first news heard about him (other than learning his first name is Harold from a gofundme) since news broke of his diagnosis just over a year ago.

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Wasn't expecting it now. Well, that will help me a bit in the DDP.