gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

On 15/11/2018 at 16:09, TomTomTelekom said:

Not quite eligible for The Curse of Eurovision, The Telegraph (paywall) obituary recalls the occasion when he entered two songs in the 1966 Irish National Song Contest (the Eirovision qualifying competition).

Both songs scored zero points, meaning he tied with himself for last place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Magician Ricky Jay is dead according to Twitter...

• Like 1

I never thought my first post on the forum would be something like this, but since no one has thought to report it yet, Stephen Hillenburg, Creator of the world famous cartoon Spongebob Squarepants, has passed away at the age of 57. I'm american, so I wasn't quite sure what news source to link. Hopefully the New York Times will suffice.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/27/obituaries/stephen-hillenburg-spongebob-squarepants-creator-dies-at-57.html

A sad day for cartoon fans. I was a early 2000's kid, so his cartoon is what I grew up on. I can remember watching episodes with my siblings when I was younger, and quoting them as a teen. To this day we all sing "Santa's coming tonight, tonight!" every Christmas eve.

Apologies if this isn't the right thread to post such a thing in (This is also my first experience with a forum). Either way, he will be missed. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Curiosity said:

I never thought my first post on the forum would be something like this, but since no one has thought to report it yet, Stephen Hillenburg, Creator of the world famous cartoon Spongebob Squarepants, has passed away at the age of 57. I'm american, so I wasn't quite sure what news source to link. Hopefully the New York Times will suffice.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/27/obituaries/stephen-hillenburg-spongebob-squarepants-creator-dies-at-57.html

A sad day for cartoon fans. I was a early 2000's kid, so his cartoon is what I grew up on. I can remember watching episodes with my siblings when I was younger, and quoting them as a teen. To this day we all sing "Santa's coming tonight, tonight!" every Christmas eve.

Apologies if this isn't the right thread to post such a thing in (This is also my first experience with a forum). Either way, he will be missed. 

It's completely fine to post it here. Hillenburg does have a standalone thread, where his death has already been reported, but there's no issue posting the same death in multiple relevant threads.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Curiosity said:

Well, it has been reported in his own thread. But since no one has reported his death here yet, you’re fine (well, ninja’d but posting anyways). Oh, and welcome to the forums Curiousity. I hope you stay. :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Curiosity said:

Sad news, but welcome to the forum ! 

• Like 1

ZOINKS!

The commander of the Navy’s 5th Fleetwas found dead in his home Saturday in Bahrain, Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson said on Twitter.

Vice Adm. Scott A. Stearney had assumed command of 5th Fleet and Naval Forces Central Command in May, a job that oversees U.S. naval operations in the Middle East.

Richardson said Bahraini authorities and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service are coordinating but that “at this time, no foul play is expected" in the death of the 58-year-old man.

SC

The attorney who helped Doug Jones win his senate campaign Giles Perkins is dead aged 51.

The Post for Bush Sr on the main list page says he won the 1998 presidential election when I know they meant to say 1988. Just alerting Mods

• Like 1

Monique Pillars, aka "Godmother to the Supermodels" has died, probably aged mid 80's.

https://pagesix.com/2018/12/09/elites-supermodel-godmother-monique-pillard-has-died/

Worked at Elite for several decades, mothering all the Big names.

Controversial Taiwanese dissident Su Beng has turned 100. I've probably never seen someone looking so bad. He makes Shivakumara Swami look like a teenager.

• Like 1

On 09/12/2018 at 12:11, drol said:

Controversial Taiwanese dissident Su Beng has turned 100. I've probably never seen someone looking so bad. He makes Shivakumara Swami look like a teenager.

Couple more years he will be in his teens.

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Good spot - I'd forgotten she was still alive

s**t wrong place, sorry

• Angry 1