gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

On 09/06/2018 at 08:55, ramon said:

kate spade  fashion designer and american buisineswoman took own life  call number 1800-273-8255 people need to talk she leaves a husband behind may she rest in piece

And now her father Earl "Frank" Brosnahan Jr. joins her. Dead at 89.  What number do we call this time?  Unlike her, he didn't leave behind a daughter.  Bwa ha ha...too soon?
SC

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Publicist Jeanine Pepler, who represented authors Candace Bushnell and Jay McInerney, has died.  She was 50.  Pepler committed suicide last weekend. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5869911/Pubclist-represented-Sex-City-author-dated-Jay-McInernery-kills-aged-50.html

Just an FYI we have a terribly underutilized thread entitled 'Suicidal Celebs'.   We get enough of them, feel free to throw one in that direction on occasion once in a while.
SC

• Like 1

Jesse Daniels, the main character in a book by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Gilbert King, has died at age 79.  According to the obituary linked below, Daniels was sent to Florida State Hospital for the criminally insane after being judged incompetent to stand trial for the sexual assault of a Central Florida society woman.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/lake/os-lauren-ritchie-main-character-pulitzer-book-dies20180622-story.html

Bob Bain, legendary guitarist is dead. He played the Peter Gunn theme among many other records.

According to this article, he was the most recorded guitarist who at the time of his death, was still out performing. He was 93 or 94 from what I can find.

seems the 45 people are holding firm as of yet

there hasn't been any less since Tess

Ugandan singer and musician, Geoffrey Oreyma has died at the age of 65.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Ugandan singer and musician, Geoffrey Oreyma has died at the age of 65.

Four up. :o :lol:

12 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:
Bob Bain, legendary guitarist is dead. He played the Peter Gunn theme among many other records.

According to this article, he was the most recorded guitarist who at the time of his death, was still out performing. He was 93 or 94 from what I can find.

Checked, still nothing.
Here's all I can find re: his passing.

One thing I did learn....if you don't limit your search by date, there are a hell of a lot of Bob Bains that have died in the past 10 years.
SC

• Like 1

Excellent.

Can't sell it at increased Tarrifs, you shid be qui, eh, dollahs in.

5 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Four up. :o :lol:

Didn't come up in my search this morning. Then again, for some reason it doesn't always work when I access the site from my phone.

Ronald Spadafora becomes the 178th, and the most high ranked, of the firefighters from 911 to die from an illness claimed to be related to then.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/25/ronald-spadafora-new-york-fire-chief-dies-of-cance/

15 minutes ago, charon said:

Ronald Spadafora becomes the 178th, and the most high ranked, of the firefighters from 911 to die from an illness claimed to be related to then.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/25/ronald-spadafora-new-york-fire-chief-dies-of-cance/

What's a Spadafora?  It's fora digging a hole to bury someone.

I'll be here all week.
SC

• Like 1

i cant believe the warehouse is destroyed and they were only meant to blow the doors off!

BBC MotD statistician Albert Sewell has died aged 91, as tweeted by Gary Lineker (look him up if you don't know who he is).

^ He just announced it during MOTD there too. Spade mentioned him being frail a bit ago.

On 25/12/2016 at 23:23, msc said:

See, this is where you think "Look at all these ill celebs, its shooting fish in a barrel", and then at midnight on the 1st, it's "where's the Queen? Insert Cancer Ridden Person Here? Brady? etc Who the fuck is Grigory Barenblatt?" and so on.

I'll tell you who Grigory Barenblatt is - he's a mathematician.

And he's pan breed now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also, since I can't be arsed working out what thread to put it in, did a search and it didn't seem mentioned. Watching the ESPN doc Ceasefire Massacre about Ireland at the 94 World Cup and the Loughisland murders. Anyhow, Bill Flynn the business man who got Clinton to talk to Gerry Adams (and got him a US Visa), is one of the talking heads. Looked him up, and he actually died a few weeks ago.

Here he is with 2 guys who might be future Deathlist hits one day:

105145027-fac4a5f1-f5ee-44d1-9309-41492a

• Like 1

Eugene Pitt of the Jive Five is dead according to Facebook...

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Eugene Pitt of the Jive Five is dead accord to Facebook...

Now they must cry, cry, cry...

Russian Gymnastics coach Boris Orlov (Dutch link)  died at age 73.

4 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

Russian Gymnastics coach Boris Orlov (Dutch link)  died at age 73.

Another guldern Boris....two in a week!  When will we be Borisless?

• Haha 1