Sir Creep

Ideas and Possibilities for 2019

7 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Oliver Dragojevic update. He also has received a lifetime achievement award last month as well...

Now if I only spoke Serbian (?) I'd be up to date.

7 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Oliver Dragojevic update. He also has received a lifetime achievement award last month as well...

You're fluent in Bosnian? Impressive!

There's a newish doc about Joan Didion on Netflix. The Centre Will Not Hold. Anyhow, reminds me that Didion is still breathing and highly obitable. I was going to put her in the "Will be around for a while" thread, but while her voice is still clear, she does struggle over her words at points. She's also skeletal, but always has been, so that might not say much. Anyhow, one to watch. Or not.

On 19/03/2018 at 10:37, msc said:

There's a newish doc about Joan Didion on Netflix. The Centre Will Not Hold. Anyhow, reminds me that Didion is still breathing and highly obitable. I was going to put her in the "Will be around for a while" thread, but while her voice is still clear, she does struggle over her words at points. She's also skeletal, but always has been, so that might not say much. Anyhow, one to watch. Or not.

Similarly on a Netflix tip, I watched "Nailed It" (absolute shit, don't bother) last night, and the guest judge was New York's "Queen of Wedding Cakes" Sylvia Weinstock. Only 86, but she looked as if she barely knew what was going on. Maybe add to the very bottom of your longlists. 

Steven Spielberg confirms the next Indiana Jones movie will start filming in the UK in April 2019 with Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role at the age of 76 or 77.

Age is just a number... not. Goodbye Harrison Ford

Harrison Ford is like a one-man dinosaur rock band. Playing the greatest hits on another tour, and another tour, and another tour...

7 hours ago, bladan said:

Steven Spielberg confirms the next Indiana Jones movie will start filming in the UK in April 2019 with Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role at the age of 76 or 77.

No scenes with him flying a plane I hope

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bladan said:

If you are just going for old actors, I'd rather consider retired legends Gene Hackman, Sean Connery and the still active (but also ancient) Clint Eastwood, all more than a decade older than Harrison Ford. 

But can't one of these three, or maybe all three of them outlive Ford? Yes, why not. But as of yet, I don't know of anything that would make this particularly likely.

Clint, Hackman, Connery, Duvall, etc will be on the list before long anyhow - need a new generation to replace Kirk's generation of Deathlist mainstays.  Like how Eli Wallach and co replaced the Geilgud generation on the main list.

42 minutes ago, msc said:

Clint, Hackman, Connery, Duvall, etc will be on the list before long anyhow - need a new generation to replace Kirk's generation of Deathlist mainstays.  Like how Eli Wallach and co replaced the Geilgud generation on the main list.

Connery is already on it this year...

Johnny Brown who played the Landlord  Bookman on the 70's sitcom Good Times turns 81 this summer.Still on the obese side in  his most recent public appearances.

It crossed my mind earlier but does the deathlist have to necessarily include people? I read up about the last white northern rhino dying out and maybe deathlist could include a famous animal in the list that is expected to die soon. That animal would be judged on the same merits as any human, not being famous for being old and death being reported by the UK media - or is that going too far?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

It crossed my mind earlier but does the deathlist have to necessarily include people? I read up about the last white northern rhino dying out and maybe deathlist could include a famous animal in the list that is expected to die soon. That animal would be judged on the same merits as any human, not being famous for being old and death being reported by the UK media - or is that going too far?

The only time they included an nonhuman animal on the list was Red Rum, and that was way back in the early 90s. I think that nonhuman animals shouldn’t be included, and the committee very likely has the same mindset as me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

The only time they included an nonhuman animal on the list was Red Rum, and that was way back in the early 90s. I think that nonhuman animals shouldn’t be included, and the committee very likely has the same mindset as me. 

Please avoid such horrible tautology in future.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

No scenes with him flying a plane I hope

Or surviving a nuke in the fridge

13 hours ago, GossipGabe said:

If you are just going for old actors, I'd rather consider retired legends Gene Hackman, Sean Connery and the still active (but also ancient) Clint Eastwood, all more than a decade older than Harrison Ford. 

But can't one of these three, or maybe all three of them outlive Ford? Yes, why not. But as of yet, I don't know of anything that would make this particularly likely.

What happens if Ford decides not to use a stuntman

6 hours ago, bladan said:

Or surviving a nuke in the fridge

I dont mined the the fridge part so long as it had produced a ford pudding

13 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Please avoid such horrible tautology in future.

While it indeed sounds a bit odd, it makes sense from a purely technical (taxonomical) point of view, since humans are great apes and thus part of the Kingdom of Animalia (sometimes anglicised as animals). B)

Edited by GossipGabe
typo

35 minutes ago, GossipGabe said:

While it indeed sounds a bit odd, it makes sense from a purely technical (taxonimical) point of view, since humans are great apes and thus part of the Kingdom of Animalia (sometimes anglicised as animals). B)

Fair enough.  However 'an nonhuman animal' should be 'a nonhuman animal'.  Since we are driving down this road we may as well see all the sights, I say.
SC

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not really one for 2019; 2029 may be closer to the truth.  But posting for future reference.

Ian Taylor, who helped build Vitol into the world's biggest oil trader, will step down as chief executive and continue as chairman, the company said on Friday, naming a long-time ally and insider, Russell Hardy, as the new group CEO.  Taylor said two years ago he was battling cancer although he continued to travel the world, chasing deals from Africa to the United States and Australia while also working as chairman of the board of trustees for London's Royal Opera House.
SC

I heard that the former prime minister of Malaysia, Mahathir Mohamad, 92, is running for office again. How many years of life does he think he has left?

How about Denny McLain?

Last baseball pitcher to win 30 games in a season (1968), still active on radio show, but is fucking fat.

73, did time for coke trafficking, racketeering, embezzlement (jailed more than once on this), mail fraud and conspiracy.

Some boi , arrogant bastard in his playing career, but I love he ended up playing the organ in a club that Leon Spinks was bartender in :D

The newspaper take on them is worth a read 

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Z_gjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=0GMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3420,6434882&dq=denny+mclain&hl=en

And as morbidly obese, he ain't got five more years in him, so a contender for lists, as obit a shoe in.