Sir Creep

Ideas and Possibilities for 2019

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Looks like the going to Switzerland to qualify for 'euthanasia' angle is going to be for not.  The pancreatic cancer will have to run it's course now.  Could be a while, shit--it can't even dispose of a 100 year old man (Joe Vento) supposedly.

SC

Oh, that was always going to be the case for euthanasia after he originally decided not to do it in November. It’s the 3 day coma that was in announced in foreign language that made a lot of people choose him for this month...

On 10/04/2018 at 22:19, gcreptile said:

We missed this, but Huey Lewis and the News were forced to cancel some concerts because of "medical problems" of Lewis himself:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/entertainment/huey-lewis-and-the-news-cancels-st-augustine-show-in-april-citing-medical-problems/77-532544912

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5614119/80s-hitmaker-Huey-Lewis-cancels-future-shows-losing-HEARING-rare-ear-disease.html

More on that now. ALL shows cancelled as he has lost his hearing......

7 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

It's not fatal. 

Unless he is at risk of committing suicide, not really a possibility for next year.

With recent developments in Syria and possible WW3 on the horizon,that can't be good for the health of 84 yo Syrian singer Sabah Fakhri(a legend of music in the Arab World)

Real 90s kids will remember The Mardi Gra Bomber, the UK's cut-price answer to the Unabomber. Seemingly completely forgotten nowadays, apparently he has been released from prison and is "in poor health" according to this no-doubt finely researched blogpost. Whether a man can go from front-page crime wave to dying without a QO 20 years later, that's up for you to guess.

16 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Real 90s kids will remember The Mardi Gra Bomber, the UK's cut-price answer to the Unabomber. Seemingly completely forgotten nowadays, apparently he has been released from prison and is "in poor health" according to this no-doubt finely researched blogpost. Whether a man can go from front-page crime wave to dying without a QO 20 years later, that's up for you to guess.

No worries actually. He will probably blow himself and a few others up soon - only being in a coma could stop him. I predict he will get an obituary by doing what he loves best. 

Having no idea who Mr. Chesney was, and being the most helpful person on DL (sure my reputation precedes me, and you all know this, but I only point this out for some new members), I went searching for an obit for Phantom (I mean for Chesney, not Phantom.  I ... mean....I'd have no way......oh never mind).
In this case Google wasn't quite my friend, because 85% of the links referred to THIS Ronald Chesney.  And unless the links are missing a very key fact, the harmonica-playing Chesney (b. 1920) is still alive!
SC

9 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Having no idea who Mr. Chesney was, and being the most helpful person on DL (sure my reputation precedes me, and you all know this, but I only point this out for some new members), I went searching for an obit for Phantom (I mean for Chesney, not Phantom.  I ... mean....I'd have no way......oh never mind).
In this case Google wasn't quite my friend, because 85% of the links referred to THIS Ronald Chesney.  And unless the links are missing a very key fact, the harmonica-playing Chesney (b. 1920) is still alive!
SC

They were the same person, and he did die.

PS While not a qualifying obit, Chortle is a very well respected site within the world of UK comics (in fact, it often breaks news on folk dying) so is trustworthy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, msc said:

They were the same person, and he did die.

PS While not a qualifying obit, Chortle is a very well respected site within the world of UK comics (in fact, it often breaks news on folk dying) so is trustworthy.

Wow quite an interesting guy then.

On 05/01/2018 at 14:59, Spade_Cooley said:

Always forget cinema enthusiast Gerald Sinstadt isn't dead. Anyway, he's alive and well enough to maintain an active Goodreads profile.

I was reading some random article about the Commonwealth Games and was surprised to see it was written by Gerald Sinstadt, now aged 88.  Apparently he's still going strong and waxing lyrical in regular contributions to The Stoke Sentinel.

• Like 1

Jerome Hamon, "the man with three faces", remains in a Paris hospital, three months after undergoing his second face transplant.  His new face remains smooth and motionless, with his skull, skin and features yet to be fully aligned, a gradual process reliant on immunosuppressant drugs which, hopefully, will prevent his body rejecting the transplanted material.  "I feel very well in myself," the 43-year-old transplant recipient told reporters last week as he continues his recovery from the surgery which was carried out on January 15 and 16.
SC

Former Swansea City defender Kevin Austin has pancreatic cancer:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43798779

His doctors are pleased with his progress and it's not terminal, or so he says...but then.... pancreatic cancer.

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

His doctors are pleased with his progress and it's not terminal, or so he says...but then.... pancreatic cancer.

Cough cough, Stefan Karl, cough cough...

12 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Had it since August 2017, practically takes the punt out of deadpooling. Either he's alive in December (18 months alone from diagnosis) and a Drop 40 cert or getting better, or dead by then.

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Cough cough, Stefan Karl, cough cough...

Cough cough, Wilko Johnson, cough cough...

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Wilko's case was extremely rare. I would say it's very unlikely that he has the same type of cancer as Wilko. Although, since he says it's not terminal, it could be a potential possibility...

“Only people whose obit chances are non- existent are the living.”

- Sir Creep

10 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Wilko Johnson is working on a new album which should be released very soon

13 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Oh great, that post. Oh look, Gcreptile has mentioned one of my obscure picks, I'll mention it, oh wait, apparently I've been spelling her name wrong for years, as I am prone to done, I better fix that before posting... He's a devious sod. :P

This is an interesting development. Perhaps the tabloids are so starved of cancer mums and dads they are now going for folk with a modicum of fame that fulfil that obligation. Bowler would have got a nod from the history presses but perhaps she'll get more now. Mind you, some topics are (imo) unjustly ignored by the press. A few years back, the expert in British maritime/port history (a major part of Scottish/British history fyi) died - he was a top bloke, btw -  and in the end I offered an obit to 4 newspapers, all of whom turned it down on notability while posting cancer mums non-stop. And the guy was in Who's Who FFS! Anyhow, I digress.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1