Ideas and Possibilities for 2019

4 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Unless somebody assassinates Donald Trump,

fingers crossed

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

Unless somebody assassinates Donald Trump

They must be due for another one, surely?

48 minutes ago, Toast said:

They must be due for another one, surely?

It has been 55 years since the last one, lol.

3 hours ago, charon said:

Can see her becoming The Cheese then pegging in Office.

Pegging in office sounds more like Bill's thing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Jimmy Carter, almost by default.  Unless somebody assassinates Donald Trump, I can't see anyone else going before the one-time peanut farmer. 

Jimmy is probably the best bet but Bill Clinton is a serious contender.  He's not exactly hale and hearty.

23 minutes ago, deadsox said:

Jimmy is probably the best bet but Bill Clinton is a serious contender.  He's not exactly hale and hearty.

Clinton def won't get anywhere near Bush Sr/Carter longevity, for sure. He'll be lucky to see his mid-80s.

Statistically impressive that all of the four Presidents from Ford to Bush 1 have lived to be at least 93. 

I believe that Carter is the first President since Truman to outlive his immediate two successors. If you discount assassinations, I believe he’s the first since Taft. That’s ironic as Taft wasn’t exactly the healthiest looking President. Must be a chance of Obama joining this group too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

Statistically impressive that all of the four Presidents from Ford to Bush 1 have lived to be at least 93. 

I believe that Carter is the first President since Truman to outlive his immediate two successors. If you discount assassinations, I believe he’s the first since Taft. That’s ironic as Taft wasn’t exactly the healthiest looking President. Must be a chance of Obama joining this group too. 

Let's be realistic. Carter is 94 and has suffered serious health issues in the past. Let's say he makes it to 105. Dubya and Clinton would be only 83 then and it's very very likely at least one of them will be still alive. No, Carter is not gonna outlive his successors. Or it is soooo unlinkely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drol said:

Let's be realistic. Carter is 94 and has suffered serious health issues in the past. Let's say he makes it to 105. Dubya and Clinton would be only 83 then and it's very very likely at least one of them will be still alive. No, Carter is not gonna outlive his successors. Or it is soooo unlinkely.

I tend to agree. Can see Carter getting another few years. I'd put a bet on about 96-98 territory. Though I wouldn't rule out Clinton dying from a sudden heart attack given his own poor slate of health and general appearance. He's 73 next year after all.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Bill Clinton has had a heart attack before, and who's to say he wouldn't have one again since he probably won't stop chasing tail until he is dead. And Trump is an obese fast food loving man,it's not implausible 1 of these men are not around 10 years from now.  105 seems a reach for Carter,but even 101 or 102 might be enough to outlast Bubba or Trump.

I know he is a very long shot but how about Jeff Stewart who played Reg Hollis in The Bill

He is now 63 years old, slit his wrist in 2008 when he was told his contract for The Bill was not being renewed.  He also refused to leave a NYC hotel in 2011 so he must be due another meltdown soon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Stewart_(actor)

• Like 1

Well I am going to lay my cards on the table and provide you with my list of 50 for 2019: 1) George Alagiah, 2) Sir Billy Connolly, 3) Herman Wouk, 4) Stirling Moss, 5) John McCririck, 6) Jill Gascoine, 7) Leah Bracknell, 8) Robert Fyfe, 9) Freddie Jones, 10) Clive James, 11) June Whitfield, 12) Pearl Carr, 13) Gene Hackman, 14) Nobby Stiles, 15) Sheila Mercier, 16) Little Richard, 17) Beverly Cleary, 18) Olivia Newton John, 19) Loretta Lynn, 20) Carl Reiner, 21) Nicholas Parsons, 22) Jean Boht, 23) Hans Blix, 24) Stuart Hall, 25) Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg, 26) Sumner Redstone, 27) Peter Sutcliffe, 28) Valerie Harper, 29) Max Von Sydow, 30) Murray Walker, 31) Norman Tebbit, 32) Cleo Laine, 33) Prunella Scales, 34) James Randi, 35) Fernando Rickson, 36) Debra Paget, 37) Ed Asner, 38) Sandra Day O' Connor, 39) Javier Perez de Cueller, 40) Bob Dole, 41) Leslie Phillips, 42) Clarissa Eden, 43) Ricky Tomlinson, 44) Doris Day, 45) Glynis Johns, 46) Little Richard, 47) Gerd Muller, 48) Eileen Derbyshire, 49) Jeanne Little and  50) Neil Diamond

Position 46 should have been Peter Alliss not a duplicate for Little Richard 

• Thanks 1

On 01/12/2018 at 12:20, Wee Jum said:

fingers crossed

Not going to happen. What do you think the entire purpose of Mike Pence as vice president is?

Have someone even worse than you for the people who want to take you out next in line to stop yourself being taken out, classic protection technique. 

19 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Not going to happen. What do you think the entire purpose of Mike Pence as vice president is?

Have someone even worse than you for the people who want to take you out next in line to stop yourself being taken out, classic protection technique. 

It worked for Dubya!

OoO (who's generally amongst the most reliable tipsters hereabouts) posted a long time ago about serious ill health for Robin Herd (ex-racing driver, famous F1 engineer/constcutor and sometime chairman of Oxford United)

The man still breaths but he's a q/o in any reputable British dead pool as and when.

John and Clarence Anglin,they may finally come out of hiding to plea bargin a Parole if they know their health limits the amount of months they have left.

On 01/12/2018 at 22:55, CaptainChorizo said:

Bill Clinton has had a heart attack before, and who's to say he wouldn't have one again since he probably won't stop chasing tail until he is dead. And Trump is an obese fast food loving man,it's not implausible 1 of these men are not around 10 years from now.  105 seems a reach for Carter,but even 101 or 102 might be enough to outlast Bubba or Trump.

But Carter had cancer and pancreatic cancer is very common in his family. But okay, Donald Trump loves fast food, that's much more serious than cancer and being over 90 years old.

Clinton changed to a primarily vegan diet in 2010.  He looks gaunt because he's lost so much weight, not because he's ill.  He eats the odd piece of salmon, so he isn't strictly vegan, but he's completely changed his diet since early 2010.  I think he's going to live a long time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steve said:

Well I am going to lay my cards on the table and provide you with my list of 50 for 2019: 1) George Alagiah, 2) Sir Billy Connolly, 3) Herman Wouk, 4) Stirling Moss, 5) John McCririck, 6) Jill Gascoine, 7) Leah Bracknell, 8) Robert Fyfe, 9) Freddie Jones, 10) Clive James, 11) June Whitfield, 12) Pearl Carr, 13) Gene Hackman, 14) Nobby Stiles, 15) Sheila Mercier, 16) Little Richard, 17) Beverly Cleary, 18) Olivia Newton John, 19) Loretta Lynn, 20) Carl Reiner, 21) Nicholas Parsons, 22) Jean Boht, 23) Hans Blix, 24) Stuart Hall, 25) Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg, 26) Sumner Redstone, 27) Peter Sutcliffe, 28) Valerie Harper, 29) Max Von Sydow, 30) Murray Walker, 31) Norman Tebbit, 32) Cleo Laine, 33) Prunella Scales, 34) James Randi, 35) Fernando Rickson, 36) Debra Paget, 37) Ed Asner, 38) Sandra Day O' Connor, 39) Javier Perez de Cueller, 40) Bob Dole, 41) Leslie Phillips, 42) Clarissa Eden, 43) Ricky Tomlinson, 44) Doris Day, 45) Glynis Johns, 46) Little Richard, 47) Gerd Muller, 48) Eileen Derbyshire, 49) Jeanne Little and  50) Neil Diamond

You have Little Richard, twice. Swap the words around, and shorten one, the you'd have Rich Little.

9 hours ago, Mischief Girl said:

Clinton changed to a primarily vegan diet in 2010.  He looks gaunt because he's lost so much weight, not because he's ill.  He eats the odd piece of salmon, so he isn't strictly vegan, but he's completely changed his diet since early 2010.  I think he's going to live a long time.

Hmm

I don't - I'd say the heart trouble puts the miles on his body clock - vegan diet or not - so he won't get close to matching Bush or Carter.

On 05/08/2018 at 13:41, markb4 said:

Mrs. Bendre has posted a health update on her IG along with a photo of her now bald. She seems happy though, so I'm glad for her.

https://www.firstpost.com/entertainment/sonali-bendre-shares-health-update-says-shes-paying-attention-to-every-moment-after-cancer-diagnosis-4895281.html

She's returned to Mumbai announcing that her cancer treatment is over for now:

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/sonali-bendre-returns-to-mumbai-cancer-treatment-over-for-now-says-husband-goldie-behl-1956845

13 minutes ago, markb4 said:

She's returned to Mumbai announcing that her cancer treatment is over for now:

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/sonali-bendre-returns-to-mumbai-cancer-treatment-over-for-now-says-husband-goldie-behl-1956845

'for now' and 'the fight is not over' don't sound like clear of cancer statements though.

• Like 1

American Reporter Laura Loomer was arrested protesting censorship at twitter HQ last week,a possibility next year if Trump starts cracking down on journalists

12 minutes ago, GuyFromFuture said:

American Reporter Laura Loomer was arrested protesting censorship at twitter HQ last week,a possibility next year if Trump starts cracking down on journalists

Yep, she’s on Trump’s hit list and the likes of Rachael Meadows and Cenk Uyghur will carry out the execution...