Sir Creep

Ideas and Possibilities for 2019

2 hours ago, Arsewipe said:

Peter Falk must be getting on a bit now.

He's actually dead already, having shuffled off his mortal coil in 2011.

4 minutes ago, markb4 said:

Really? Shame.

Promptly removes him from shortlist. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, markb4 said:
2 hours ago, Arsewipe said:

Peter Falk must be getting on a bit now.

:whoosh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Toast said:

This is literally my favorite emoticon/gif/thingy ever, lol!

Prefer this toastie.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/KEIdrsX

I can't see imgur images.  I'm using Vodafone wifi and they have a problem with imgur's security certificate.  It's a pain.

18 hours ago, markb4 said:
18 hours ago, Toast said:

This is literally my favorite emoticon/gif/thingy ever, lol!

Good thing, cuz you may be seeing a lot of it.

• Haha 1

2018 - Colin Butts

2017 - Keith Farnham

2016 - Caroline Aherne, Asa Briggs

2015 - Chris Woodhead, George Cole

2014 - Derek Martinus, Sandy Jardine, Jaruzelski

2013 - Glafcos Clerides, Ronald Coase

Yes, that's right. Every single year I have played the DDP (except debut in 2012, obviously) I have dropped someone from the previous years team who wound up dying.

So with that said, here's an early Christmas present. The following 3 names are getting dropped by Pan Breed for 2019.

Steffan Lewis, the terminally ill Plaid AM.

Carl Piddington, son of Bill Tarmey

Philomena Lynott, Phil's mum.

I have now signed the 2019 death warrant of at least one of the above, so you'll probably want to nab them while they're living...

• Like 1

Likewise, if the past deaths of Nevin, Langhorne, Aherne, Whitworth, Porcaro, Jardine, and Franz are any indication, one might wish to take a gamble on Tiffany Youngs next year.

As for me, I can confirm that I will be dropping Linda Nolan and Marieke Vervoort. So maybe they will turn out to be good picks next year...

• Like 1

On 24/11/2018 at 16:43, Sir Creep said:

Could be a DDP Theme Team in the making, if one (read: me) wanted to.  Not sure there are 20 names though.
A cursory review of the players of Super Bowl I (Green Bay v Kansas City):
Bart Starr - GBay QB.  His medical condition has been posted about enough on these pages.  Is 84.
Willie Wood - GBay DB.  He has also been mentioned on DL.  Lives in care facility almost a decade now, rarely verbalizes, dementia etc.  I believe he's 82.
Len Dawson - KC QB.  About as lucid and 'healthy' as it gets.  But has had quadruple bypass heart surgery, a battle with prostate cancer a few years ago, a recent episode of shingles, some memory lapses.  Is 82.
Otis Taylor - KC WR.  Has been bedridden for years, on a feeding tube since 2016....in ill health battling Parkinson’s and dementia, and is non-verbal.  Is 75.  

Those off the top of me head.  These 4 were damn great players of the game, and it's a crime that Taylor remains the only one not in the Hall of Fame presently.  Again, not sure you could come up with 20 survivors, what with 80+ years old being relatively ancient in NFL terms.  But this is a good start.

SC

Interesting little video re: Starr that happened this week, where he meets with two Crimson Tide QBs.  Wonder if he really understood what was going on...

8 hours ago, msc said:

So with that said, here's an early Christmas present. The following 3 names are getting dropped by Pan Breed for 2019.

It takes balls to make that drop

On 21/12/2018 at 14:33, msc said:

OK, here's one that I can't find room for on my teams (not enough spaces) but is too interesting a character to leave in the cold.

Remember Fred Holroyd? The whistleblower who revealed various nefarious activities in N Ireland?

Well, he's been suing the MoD this year for their tactics in making him look unreliable, including inventing mental health problems. Apparently he is in poor health, and going downhill.

Will get a QO easily. If anyone goes for him, ala Dryden, I wish you luck.

No source on his d-o-b which could make a minor points difference for DDP purposes. anyone know for sure?

Dame Joan Plowright- 89 (90 next October) and  blind. Quite deathlisty.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Very obvious pick right now outta there, but unlikely to make it to 2019...

• Like 1

On 23/12/2018 at 13:13, maryportfuncity said:

No source on his d-o-b which could make a minor points difference for DDP purposes. anyone know for sure?

According to his book War Without Honour he says he was born in 1942 and G.R.O. seems to confirm that.

Fred Holroyd.jpeg

GRO.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:50, msc said:

2018 - Colin Butts

2017 - Keith Farnham

2016 - Caroline Aherne, Asa Briggs

2015 - Chris Woodhead, George Cole

2014 - Derek Martinus, Sandy Jardine, Jaruzelski

2013 - Glafcos Clerides, Ronald Coase

Yes, that's right. Every single year I have played the DDP (except debut in 2012, obviously) I have dropped someone from the previous years team who wound up dying.

Carl Piddington, son of Bill Tarmey

Philomena Lynott, Phil's mum.

I have now signed the 2019 death warrant of at least one of the above, so you'll probably want to nab them while they're living...

You didn't miss anything with Butts since he never (last minute obit please?) got an obit.  That said, I'll probably take a chance on your rejects.  Thanks for the Christmas gift msc!

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:05, Joey Russ said:

As for me, I can confirm that I will be dropping Linda Nolan and Marieke Vervoort. So maybe they will turn out to be good picks next year...

I'm dropping Marieke and Jose squared as well.

I'm dropping José, Lorimer and probably even Goldberg.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drol said:

Very obvious pick right now outta there, but unlikely to make it to 2019...

Dead

19 hours ago, drol said:

My limited (3 years) experience tells me unless they are a big name, people from the Middle East and India simply to not obit (ND Tiwari no QO?  He was once third in line to the presidency....if a former US Sec of State died surely a QO would be forthcoming).  It'll be interesting to see if even this guy does.  I hadn't heard of your obvious pick though, I'll give you that.

SC

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

My limited (3 years) experience tells me unless they are a big name, people from the Middle East and India simply to not obit (ND Tiwari no QO?  He was once third in line to the presidency....if a former US Sec of State died surely a QO would be forthcoming).  It'll be interesting to see if even this guy does.  I hadn't heard of your obvious pick though, I'll give you that.

SC

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-6527757/Shahroudi-powerful-Iran-cleric-dies.html

• Like 1

Also, at this festive time, an occasional reminder that the original singer of "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas", Gayla Peevey, is still alive.