Sir Creep

Ideas and Possibilities for 2019

14 hours ago, BCAlum2000 said:

I predict 2018 will be a rather slow year for celebrity deaths.  And so far, really only two marquee names have passed away this year: Dolores O'Riordan and Billy Graham.  Besides those two, not really any real big names who passed away.

Aren't too many celebrities right now that appear to be gravely ill, but Kirk Douglas is 101 years old and looks absolutely terrible.  He will likely pass away soon.

I also think Robert Wagner will croak before he faces any justice for the death of Natalie Wood.  

I think that Paul Bocuse was death list's biggest miss this far. Vic Damone was also quite famous in his day. Tony Bennett is now the only great crooner of the Sinatra generation left.

After Dorothy Malone & John Gavin passed away, I have the idea that B-stars will be especially at  risk this year. This means that Kirk, Olivia & Doris are safe.

Btw: We should keep in mind, that, according to Wikipedia, most celebrities who died this year, were in their seventies & eighties. I'm certain that there will be a couple of surprises like Alan Rickman, David Bowie, Prince. It would be a mistake to concentrate solely on the centenarians.

16 hours ago, drol said:

3)Monica Vitti (1931) and Joanne Woodward (1930): They spent years and years in the final stages of Alzheimer's. Plus Vitti broke her femur in 2003 and is ill since 2000! No photos of them in years and years.

Yep makes you wonder about Nobby Stiles and whether he is as 'nailed on' as everyone keeps saying.

PS your signature has 51 names in it.

Former BBC Breakfast presenter Bill Turnbull has terminal prostate cancer that has spread to his hips ribs pelvis and leg.

And yes Americans he is Dl material.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Former BBC Breakfast presenter Bill Turnbull has terminal prostate cancer that has spread to his hips ribs pelvis and leg.

From the article, I think he might have a few years left. However, if the cancer spread to vital organs quicker than expected, then yes, he looks like a cert for the deathlist. 

He is saying he thinks he has over a decade left.I would say a year would be lucky.

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

From the article, I think he might have a few years left. However, if the cancer spread to vital organs quicker than expected, then yes, he looks like a cert for the deathlist. 

It has spread throughout the bones pretty much.Some extensive metastases including the hip and ribs that aren't too far from vital organs.Also the fact the cancer has already spread so extensively shows it is not going to play nice.

I think it's the same situation like Linda Nolan.

4 hours ago, Prophet said:

I think it's the same situation like Linda Nolan.

Linda Nolan has secondary cancer in the hip.Turnbull has secondary cancer across his bones from his leg to his ribs. 

On 28/02/2018 at 20:43, The Quim Reaper said:

...meaning he's a good idea/possibility for 2019...?

Perhaps, considering that it has an impressive vitality compared to the age it has.

On 2018. 03. 06. at 00:02, Sean said:

It has spread throughout the bones pretty much.Some extensive metastases including the hip and ribs that aren't too far from vital organs.Also the fact the cancer has already spread so extensively shows it is not going to play nice.

While I agree that a decade sounds way too optimistic, and he might be telling some white lies about his prognosis, he did claim that the figure came from a "consultant" (presumably an MD):

RadioTimes said:

Speaking about the moment he met with a consultant and asked about survival rates, Turnbull recalls: “He said, ‘Ten years’, and then, crazily, I drove home and thought – did he say ten years? Five years? What did he say? It was all such a blur.”

Of course, he is pretty vague about this claim, and even if it really came from an MD, this figure might not be meaningful at all if the consultant had referred to median survival times for "typical" patients (since they might be much luckier than him), but he could have had more information about the grade and genetic profile of Bill's cancer than us. IF it's relatively indolent / slow growing or very sensitive to chemotherapy / hormonal therapy, he might survive for 2 years (with some luck).

Grew up near where that old literary battleaxe Naomi Mitchison had her base for decades.

She pegged at 101 years in 1999 I think it was.

What I didn't realise, is she has a very obitable son , Denis, and he turns 99 this year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Mitchison

One for some lists perhaps...

Not sure where to throw this, meh here's as good as any.
Juan Garza (now 28) was arrested for assault (beat someone with a tire iron).  He was a schizophrenic sans medication and tried to kill himself by repeatedly bashing his head on the concrete floor, and was left brain damaged and needing 24 hour care for life.  This was 2012. 
Jury just awarded the punk $5.9M for negligence by the jail.  Not sure if story will ever re-emerge when Garza croaks, but it might.  Not sure if this jury award will be enough to push a headline or two, but it might.

SC

I have just completed my annual cross reference of my 1000 name long list against the DDP. My long list excludes picks that are on my main game list ~500 who would be the more common names.

The following 20 people have not been DDP picks in the years I have been carrying out this cross reference.

1. William McPherson – Judge (b.1926)
  2. Babs Chinnery – Beverly Sister (b.1927)
  3. Tony Soper – Naturalist (b. 1929)
  4. Lynne Reid-Banks – Writer (b. 1929)
  5. Jack Higgins – Writer (b. 1929)
  6. Les Vandyke – Songwriter (b.1931)
  7. Mona Hammond – Actress (b.1931)
  8. Brian Trueman – Presenter (b.1932)
  9. Antonia Fraser – Writer (b.1932)
  10. Ray Cooney – Actor/Director (b.1932)
  11. Shirley Conran - Writer (b.1932)
  12. Michael Frayn – Writer (b.1933)
  13. Dianne Fienstein - Politician (b.1933)
  14. Annette Crosbie - Actress (b.1934)
  15. Sheila Steafel - Actress (b.1935)
  16. Gary Player - Golfer (b.1935)
  17. David McKee - Writer (b.1935)
  18. Michael Eavis - Farmer (b.1935)
  19. Susan Cooper - Writer (b.1935)
  20. Jan Pienkowski - Illustrator (b.1936)

It probably says more about my long list than about the DDP but there are a couple of interesting names in there.

• Like 1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/08/nationwide-seek-police-help-advert-duo-subject-death-threats/

I don’t genuinely think of this as a 2019 possibility - just can’t think of a suitable thread to laugh at this.......

Those annoying sisters from the Nationwide adverts have been getting some very graphic death threats!!

2 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/08/nationwide-seek-police-help-advert-duo-subject-death-threats/

I don’t genuinely think of this as a 2019 possibility - just can’t think of a suitable thread to laugh at this.......

Those annoying sisters from the Nationwide adverts have been getting some very graphic death threats!!

Might just about persuade Nationwide to drop the campaign. The annoying poets can fuck off as well!

As I said in "Ideas and Possibilities for 2018" last year....

Mitzi Shore, "Godmother of American comedy", is apparently really really fucked up at the moment and would be lucky to make 2018. If she's there at the start line, consider this post a gift.

And this suggests those who listened to me could be heading to the pay window soon:

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5486297/Judy-Garland-s-daughter-diagnosed-brain-tumour-collapse-show.html

Singer Lorna Luft is one worth keeping an eye on as she has been diagnosed with a brain tumour after collapsing after a show in London. She is the younger sister of Hollywood legend Liza Minnelli and daughter of even bigger Hollywood legend Judy Garland .

• Sad 1

Double posting whore

And with good reason! Drop 40 lock, if she makes it. But she could be the annual late-December death.

• Thanks 1

There’s no good reason. 

You’ve named 58 people thus far as locks for Drop 40, including this hack.

SC