Sir Creep

Ideas and Possibilities for 2019

Dementia?

Hoping more for the three lions on his chest approach.

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Published in October 2015. His dad's no longer there, but still alive.

On 07/03/2018 at 19:49, charon said:

Grew up near where that old literary battleaxe Naomi Mitchison had her base for decades.

She pegged at 101 years in 1999 I think it was.

What I didn't realise, is she has a very obitable son , Denis, and he turns 99 this year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Mitchison

One for some lists perhaps...

Dead

https://www.theunion.org/news-centre/news/in-memoriam-prof-denis-a-mitchison

5 hours ago, charon said:

she has a very obitable son , Denis,

Guess we put this to the test now.  
*looks at watch....refreshes google*
*looks at watch....refreshes google*
*looks at watch...***

Hmmmm.

A Herald one a certainty, be surprised if one of the heavy Sundays don't pick him up today.

She was quite a gal SC, and famous both sides of the Wall.

Her son should nab one especially considering his career.

• Like 1

Daniel Cordier, most important still living member of La Resistance:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44723996

Has a Wikipedia page in France, 97 years old. I guess especially the french teams might consider him.

• Like 1

89 year old Asian American actor James Hong has quietly retired from acting. At age 89 and with 400+ films under his belt suddenly retiring now does not look good. He is best known for his portrayal of po's father in the film series kung fu panda.https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0393222/

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

At age 89 and with 400+ films under his belt suddenly retiring

I'm not sure an 89 year old does anything suddenly...

• Haha 1

9RhAAs9.png

Richard Erdman who played Leonard on the series Community turns 94 next year. Since the series ended in 2015 he has only had 1 acting gig,a guest spot on the short lived Ken Jeong series Dr. Ken

• Like 1

Tom Osmond has underwent quadruple bypass surgery and his family is asking for prayer.

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Tom Osmond has underwent quadruple bypass surgery and his family is asking for prayer.

I don't think Tom is going to make it. The Osmond brothers have been very lucky, statistically 1 in 5 men die before reaching 65 but all 9 siblings are still alive so an Osmond brother death is long overdue.

• Like 1

NFL legend  Gayle Sayers suffering from what sounds like mid-to-late term dimentia (diagnosed 4 years ago) ("His wife described the vigilance required to care for Sayers now, noting that he recently tried washing his hands with carpet cleaner.").  He's 73 which is old in football player terms.  Not sure if he's a 2019 candidate, but he's VERY Deathlisty.  Should he scoot through 2019, if DL doesn't have him on 2020's list, fuck em.
SC

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

NFL legend  Gayle Sayers suffering from what sounds like mid-to-late term dimentia (diagnosed 4 years ago) ("His wife described the vigilance required to care for Sayers now, noting that he recently tried washing his hands with carpet cleaner.").  He's 73 which is old in football player terms.  Not sure if he's a 2019 candidate, but he's VERY Deathlisty.  Should he scoot through 2019, if DL doesn't have him on 2020's list, fuck em.
SC

If he is still washing his hands with carpet cleaner, he is still pretty early with dementia.  When he starts drinking it, he is maybe mid-stage.  Late stage means immobile in a wheelchair, full care for all bodily functions and advanced stage is no speech, no recognition, eventually unable to swallow.  At the stage he is at, he could last 5 years easy, likely more, unless something else gets him first ( like drinking carpet cleaner).  From diagnosis to death with Alzheimers can be 10-15 years now.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

According to Wiki he is 75 and not 73 years old. I also believe, that he would definitely become an Obit. he is one of the Top 100 NFL Players of all time, but still not sure if he`s deathlisty enough for the committee. As I recall we have never had before anyone from the NHL or NFL in official Deathlist.

• Like 1

Its the 50th Anniversary of 2001: A Space Odyssey and there was a Special screening last month at Cannes with some of the Kubrick's there.

Although she's meant to be quite active with painting etc, I think his widow Christiane was not in attendance.

86 now, I wonder........

5 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

According to Wiki he is 75 and not 73 years old. I also believe, that he would definitely become an Obit. he is one of the Top 100 NFL Players of all time, but still not sure if he`s deathlisty enough for the committee. As I recall we have never had before anyone from the NHL or NFL in official Deathlist.

I can think of at least one, as Mike Ditka was a DL pick way back in the 1990s, though yeah, names from US-centric sports without any significant UK popularity are very much a rarity on DL.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

The Brian Piccolo tv movie Brian's Song should be a push if they are hesitant.  imho.
Top 100 players isn't definitive enough.  In fact he lands #22 on whoever puts that list together.  So top 25 of all time.  
EDIT: BTW it's GALE not GAYLE....seemed wrong when I typed it before bed last night...but dammit that was what the headline said so i didn't question it.  Ugh.

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

I can think of at least one, as Mike Ditka was a DL pick way back in the 1990s, though yeah, names from US-centric sports without any significant UK popularity are very much a rarity on DL.

I had the vague feeling William Perry was on the list back in the day and had a thread.

Dementia on my part I think.

On 01/01/2018 at 12:03, Joey Russ said:

The only person that was in secret that hasn't been mentioned on the forum yet is this one, and it's Sadiq Daba. Would've been a deathrace name but his cancer, which sounded very bad, came into remission. What do you know sometimes...

So it was in remission for a long while, but his cancer has officially relapsed now. He’s probably only good for pools with low obit requirements though...

Roland dumas is a good bet for 2019 : really famous Former french minister who turns 95 this year

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 17:12, msc said:

Remigino (who as a 2 time Olympic gold medalist, is a cert QO) is currently suffering from pancreatic cancer, and would have been on my DDP team this year, only DDT went and named him, so he wouldn't have been unique. He is on DDT's team though, which is usually a bad sign for anyone wanting to live much longer...

Remigino is dead.

US link, doesn't work in the UK.

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Remigino is dead.

US link, doesn't work in the UK.

New York Times, which does.

EDIT - Apparently you saw in another thread. The notifications sort of jump for attention on Firefox...

• Like 1

This was posted in the "Hospitalized" thread, but I think it should also be posted here for 2019 consideration. 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' actress, Denise Nickerson (Violet Beauregarde), has had a bad stroke and is in the ICU and in such a grave condition that apparently her daughter-in-law is quitting her job to help take care of her.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/07/willy-wonka-star-denise-nickersons-famiy-member-will-quit-job-to-care-for-her/

This can take care of her main-qimg-bb0e10a94fe63f18077960b5f9d0a1

On 10/07/2018 at 22:46, TomTomTelekom said:

In addition to his NFL Career he might be even more famous due to the movie Brian's Song about his friendship with Brian Piccolo

• Like 1