Sir Creep

Ideas and Possibilities for 2019

DDT fodder: Exiled Ethiopian bishop Merkorios returns to Ethiopia after 27 years:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-45031578

Unfortunately, his age is unclear, but considering he probably wasn't the youngest one when elected 30 years ago, he's probably at least octogenarian.

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

DDT fodder: Exiled Ethiopian bishop Merkorios returns to Ethiopia after 27 years:

"He was greeted by his followers, who sang and ululated in welcome."

I don't know....and I don't wanna know.

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

"He was greeted by his followers, who sang and ululated in welcome."

I don't know....and I don't wanna know.

Basically something halfway between singing and speaking in tongues - nowt sexual

• Like 1

Last night's documentary on the death of boxer Freddie Mills was summat of a form spotters paradise.

Pete Murray looked like shit and wheezed when he laughed, Eddie Richardson is packing some pork but looked okay for an 83 year old ex-gangster and Krays associate Micky Fawcett is likely too young to be in serious q/o territory yet.

Roger Huntman - on the other hand - who appears to have finally fessed up on who killed Freddie Mills and why commented he'd already "died" (i.e. from health issues - not a contract on his head) and was looking to unburden himself of the secret because death is stalking him etc. Likely to be reported when he goes

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/boxer-freddie-mills-apos-murdered-050000757.html

Charecter actress Ethel Ayler who played Bill Cosby's mother in law on The Cosby Show

Her last acting gig was a guest spot on 7th Heaven in 2006

On 09/04/2018 at 13:34, The Dead Cow said:

Doug Silsbee? 

Dead.

What do you guys think about comedian, Bob Newhart? He'll be 89 this year and I'm sure the death of his best friend, Don Rickles, this year might have affected him.

• Haha 1

Survivors from the Comic Relief Is This The Way To Amarillo?

Gotta be a Theme Team in there....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Survivors from the Comic Relief Is This The Way To Amarillo?

Gotta be a Theme Team in there....

There aren`t enough left I doubt.

The fact Jimmy Savile is in it just makes me laugh.

Depending on how the rest of the year goes and if I can work out the names of all the little people, I might make this my Hare's Pool team for next year...:lol:

• Like 1

Didn't I write the survivors down in the Peter Kay thread?

Edit: no I didn't, I just wrote down the names of the dead ones.

I'm up to 21 names in my search... 

Danny Baker, 61
Bez, 54
Tony Christie, 75
Bernie Clifton, 82
Geoffrey Hayes, 76
Peter Kay, 45
Sally Lindsay, 45
Karl Lucas, 46
Brian May, 71
Paddy McGuinness, 44
Heather Mills, 50
Justin Moorhouse, 48
Michael Parkinson, 83
Trevor Payne, 72
William Roache, 86
Shaun Ryder, 55
Craig Salisbury, 47
Shakin' Stevens, 70
Roger Taylor, 69
Mick Walter, 63
Albert Wilkinson, 80

• Like 1

Moorehouse is the one hoping the Shire organ donation policy is brought forward a year.

Wasn't Stanley Bates in the Bungle suit?

On 04/07/2018 at 15:22, markb4 said:

Mrs. Bendre has posted a health update on her IG along with a photo of her now bald. She seems happy though, so I'm glad for her.

https://www.firstpost.com/entertainment/sonali-bendre-shares-health-update-says-shes-paying-attention-to-every-moment-after-cancer-diagnosis-4895281.html

On 31/05/2018 at 19:23, CaptainChorizo said:

image.png.a0dea6649aa70d51472287b5dd9bb384.png

Shaun Weiss aka Goldberg from The Mighty Duck movies

Was arrested last year for Meth possesion,hasn't had any acting gigs in a decade and looks like a "former child star OD" waiting to happen in any recent pics

And now looks even worse following an arrest.  (First picture from 2015, 2nd picture from August 2018)

Shaun Weiss left in 2015 and right following his arrest

https://people.com/crime/mighty-ducks-shaun-weiss-arrested-for-drugs-mugshot/

He's got a little 'Jose Jose' thing going on there.

• Like 1

Heard my former neighbour who has alzheimers and was on Robot Wars has deteriorated severely recently.I won't go into details as was told in confidence and respect for the family but definitely one for 2019 if he makes it.Not mentioning his name as it comes up when I Google him and I do not wish to upset the family further but if in doubt see the robot wars forum.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

Heard my former neighbour who has alzheimers and was on Robot Wars has deteriorated severely recently.I won't go into details as was told in confidence and respect for the family but definitely one for 2019 if he makes it.Not mentioning his name as it comes up when I Google him and I do not wish to upset the family further but if in doubt see the robot wars forum.

Ah yes, the Metal Guru, but you need to throw the T away, as a lousy Proclaimers cover band might say.

I'm not giving up the day job to do the Times Cryptic Crossword, no worries!

So while I googled a certain ALS-afflicted "Hall of Fame" coach named Willie Wooden (who turned out to be "only" a high school football coach), I noticed how many notable "Willie Wood"s there are. But only one of them has advanced dementia and has been living in an assisted care home for the past 11 years.

18 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

So while I googled a certain ALS-afflicted "Hall of Fame" coach named Willie Wooden (who turned out to be "only" a high school football coach), I noticed how many notable "Willie Wood"s there are. But only one of them has advanced dementia and has been living in an assisted care home for the past 11 years.

I assume the Packer and not the legendary Scots bowler. I think he's in good fettle for 80.