Sir Creep

Ideas and Possibilities for 2019

32 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

So while I googled a certain ALS-afflicted "Hall of Fame" coach named Willie Wooden (who turned out to be "only" a high school football coach), I noticed how many notable "Willie Wood"s there are. But only one of them has advanced dementia and has been living in an assisted care home for the past 11 years.

He's been on lots of my teams the past two years, and is presently part of my ABC team (or is it also my Poker team?).  But for the rest of you.... 'nothing to see here, go back to your homes'.
SC

• Like 1

On 04/03/2018 at 14:45, drol said:

7)Rhonda Fleming (1923) Not seen in public for years and years, practically a ghost. And ghosts don't die.

I agree with drol that Rhonda Fleming should be considered for 2019; she has turned 95 years old today!

• Like 2

Hmmmmmmm.

Random caller to Danny Baker programme let's slip he's not been well the last 3 years.

Then says was Lara Crofts dad on film, and was in Brookside a year.

Looks like https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0325116/?ref_=m_tt_cl_t2

1 minute ago, charon said:

Hmmmmmmm.

Random caller to Danny Baker programme let's slip he's not been well the last 3 years.

Then says was Lara Crofts dad on film, and was in Brookside a year.

Looks like https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0325116/?ref_=m_tt_cl_t2

I'm claiming him for the Grange Hill thread. Tucker's Luck chappy.

Yip, saw that.

No idea beyond whit he said, sounded okay yet.........

• Like 1

Marshall Allen, leader of the Sun Ra Arkestra after Sun Ra's death, 94 years old now:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Allen

However, he gave a well-received concert in Hamburg just yesterday:

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/sun-ra-arkestra-in-hamburg-a-1222060.html (german link)

• Like 1

Rosamunde Pilcher, D. Lama, Michail Gorbatchev, Willie Nelson, Demi Lovato, Niki Lauda, Jan Ullrich, Michael Schumacher, Woody Allen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martin said:

Rosamunde Pilcher, D. Lama, Michail Gorbatchev, Willie Nelson, Demi Lovato, Niki Lauda, Jan Ullrich, Michael Schumacher, Woody Allen.

Gorbachev and Nelson are must-haves for the List next year. The Dalai Lama could become one, let's see...

• Like 2

Interesting to note the Angel of Dien Bien Phu , Genevieve de Galard is still above ground, 93....

10 minutes ago, msc said:

Obviously a must-have (probably THE must-have) for any contending team (and any team that doesn't care for higher fame standards), yet I hoped that the recent developments would stay somewhat under the radar so that some of those who lurk on the forum, but don't post here, wouldn't have it as easy as this year.

Just now, gcreptile said:

Obviously a must-have (probably THE must-have) for any contending team (and any team that doesn't care for higher fame standards), yet I hoped that the recent developments would stay somewhat under the radar so that some of those who lurk on the forum, but don't post here, wouldn't have it as easy as this year.

Bit hard to stay under the radar when you are the top news story on the BBC!

Yeah, someone else would’ve likely revealed her update anyways especially since she already got mentioned on the forum beforehand. 

Her story seems Joey Feek like, and if she follows the exact same timeline as Feek, that will take her to late December/early January. A big will she won’t she pick...

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Bit hard to stay under the radar when you are the top news story on the BBC!

Interesting, not for me, maybe a location issue...

Still, I should point out that I was already expecting every usual suspect on this forum to pick her. I'm just curious how much of the teams of those that don't post here, are own research, and how much comes from the forum.

13 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

To some degree she is a "cancer mum", but as she is a BBC presenter on a national channel she just scraped through on to my list. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

(Also posted as a suggestion in 'Ideas and Possibilities for 2018)

Joao Gilberto seemingly not doing well, health-wise and financially.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/joão-gilberto-reports-of-bossa-nova-king-s-death-exaggerated-1.3588914

Hmm... for some reason I once thought that Gilberto Gil would be a good pick. But now that you mention Joao, I think I confused the two of them.

Gilberto would be a hit in Scavenger Hunt 2018 for me.

44 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Hmm... for some reason I once thought that Gilberto Gil would be a good pick. But now that you mention Joao, I think I confused the two of them.

I remember having Gilberto Gil on a longlist before. Kidney issues IIRC.

• Thanks 1

He was also on my perspective Gris Gris list.  So don't plan on a solo hit, alls I'm sayin.
SC

Mary Jo Catlett who voices Mrs. Puff on Spongebob Squarepants and was a cast member on the tv series Diffrent Strokes turns 80 next month

• Like 2

Walt Harris, the "voice of roller derby", is apparently in pretty bad shape and needs 24/7 care. Dunno about obit possibilities. 

Can't see shit in the last 6/7 years for George Wright since Portugal telt the yanks to fuck off over his extradition.

He was the dood who escaped from prison whilst on a murder sentence, and joined the Black Liberation Army, then hijacked the Delta 841 flight.

Resulted in this famous pic of an FBI agent in his scants carrying $1M ransom to the plane

38705646_1023334517840298_50210562735802

On the run for over 40 years until found, and still FREEEEE, he is 76 next year, will obit everywhere, so onto watchlist for me.