Sir Creep

Ideas and Possibilities for 2019

Reading a book called Going for a Song - a history of UK record shops - and they mention that Terri Hooley had to pack up work on health grounds in 2015. Q/O a shoo in given the movie about his record label and shop.

Anyone know how ill he is?

Wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri_Hooley

Thought he'd been discussed in the last year?

Maybe not on here, cannae mind.

The stage adaptation of the film starts in a fortnight, if he's at the first night/or not, that'll give an idea.

15 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Reading a book called Going for a Song - a history of UK record shops - and they mention that Terri Hooley had to pack up work on health grounds in 2015. Q/O a shoo in given the movie about his record label and shop.

Here's an interview with him published a few days ago. 

Now nudging 70, Hooley suffered a heart attack in 2014; he takes 11 tablets a day and admits his health “isn’t great”.

Just casually looking through ex Eastenders actors (excluding Barbara Windsor and June Brown):

Bill Treacher (Arthur Fowler) - Is 88 and suffering from something called Ataxia which is degenerative.

Derek Martin (Charlie Slater) - 85

Tony Caunter (Roy Evans) - 80

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Just casually looking through ex Eastenders actors (excluding Barbara Windsor and June Brown):

Bill Treacher (Arthur Fowler) - Is 88 and suffering from something called Ataxia which is degenerative.

Derek Martin (Charlie Slater) - 85

Tony Caunter (Roy Evans) - 80

Other names:

Elizabeth Kelly (Nellie Hughes) 97

June Whitfield (Sister Ruth) 92

Leonard Fenton (Dr Legg) 92

Heather Chasen (Lydia Simmons) 91 

Anna Karen (Sal Martin)  (81)

Peter Dean (Pete Beale) 79

Rudolf Walker (Patrick Trueman) 78

And a few more:

Trevor Peacock (WW2 veteran who served with Alfie Moons Grandad William Moon ) 87

Dudley Sutton (Wilfred Atkins) 85

Timothy West (Stan Carter) 83

Mona Hammond (Blossom Jackson) 83

Leslie Schofield (Brian Wicks,Jeff Healey) 79

Christopher Timothy (Ted Murray) 77

Pam St Clement (Pat Butcher) 76 

Elaine Lorden (Lynne Slater) 51

Daniella Westbrook (Sam Mitchell)  44

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 16:21, maryportfuncity said:

Any mention of George Ginn who runs The Record Album in Brighton?

He almost quit when he was mugged one night . severely beaten and was left with a perforated eardrum along with several cuts and bruises

8 hours ago, Phantom said:

Any mention of George Ginn who runs The Record Album in Brighton?

He almost quit when he was mugged one night . severely beaten and was left with a perforated eardrum along with several cuts and bruises

About 15 pages to go and he hasn't shown up yet

Very London-centric book and - as one very familiar with northern record shops - I thought a few of them unfairly overlooked. I mean, I wasn't expecting Carlisle's Pink Panther to get a look in but Newcastle, Glasgow and some other decent centres of discovery are basically ignored.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

About 15 pages to go and he hasn't shown up yet

Very London-centric book and - as one very familiar with northern record shops - I thought a few of them unfairly overlooked. I mean, I wasn't expecting Carlisle's Pink Panther to get a look in but Newcastle, Glasgow and some other decent centres of discovery are basically ignored.

I went browsing last night and found this article on George from this year's Record Store Day

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 21:48, ThePrematureBurial said:

Just a sketchy list to help me keep track of famous actresses:

*snip"

Barbara Harris 1935

*snip*

Barbara Harris no longer a possibility: https://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/barbara-harris-dies-second-city-actress-freaky-friday-nashville/

Because she's dead.

DDP pick.

Pam St Clement is not worth a mention tbh as I checked her while doing the list and she's recently been on Loose Women and seemed fine. Unless she has a sudden heart attack. Also Peter Dean I didn't put on because he's appeared on The Real Marigold Hotel looking fine.

Daniella Westbrook mind is a hot mess.

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Pam St Clement is not worth a mention tbh as I checked her while doing the list and she's recently been on Loose Women and seemed fine. Unless she has a sudden heart attack. Also Peter Dean I didn't put on because he's appeared on The Real Marigold Hotel looking fine.

Daniella Westbrook mind is a hot mess.

A mess, not neccessarily everyone's idea of "hot"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

how about Johnny Briggs? 84

and John Williams? 87

The latter said he'd like star wars 9 to be the last movie he worked on and even went as far to more or less say "hopefully i'll be around to see it"

Sudhakar Chaturvedi is still alive at the claimed age of 121. Found a video of him of July on YouTube. He may be 100 or less, but says he wants to live to 300. Will he succeed?

Just now, drol said:

Sudhakar Chaturvedi is still alive at the claimed age of 121. Found a video of him of July on YouTube. He may be 100 or less, but says he wants to live to 300. Will he succeed?

Spoiler alert

No.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, msc said:

Spoiler alert

Reveal hidden contents

No.

But Shivakumara and Richard Overton will.

Just now, drol said:

But Shivakumara and Richard Overton will.

300? That's silly, drol, if you'd gone sensible like 290 we'd have all been in agreement here. :D

• Haha 2

Chaturvedi is not a possibility, he is already on the Deathlist!

SudhakarChaturvedi.jpg

He secured the 40th place this year.

Risultati immagini per denis norden

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, MDavidSteel said:

how about Johnny Briggs? 84

and John Williams? 87

The latter said he'd like star wars 9 to be the last movie he worked on and even went as far to more or less say "hopefully i'll be around to see it"

Lots of low hanging Corrie fruit - Mark Eden, Thelma Barlow, Eileen Derbyshire, Barbara Knox, Johnny Briggs, Julie Goodyear et al. 

• Like 1

Did anyone see the Lenny Henry 60th birthday programme last night.The guy looks gaunt and frail :(

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

Did anyone see the Lenny Henry 60th birthday programme last night.The guy looks gaunt and frail :(

Lots of people of his age who lose tonnes of weight look considerably worse for it; there’s no wrinkles on a balloon.

emmerdale is the same, theres paula tilbrook, freddie jones and meg johnston ohh and sheila mercier (who clearly is dertermined to make the century)

well if she does i'll be happy to make her a page on my wiki for centenarians

but unless she's slipped away unnoticed, baby peggy is our next celebrity centenarian this october

im most puzzled about Kirk though whats even keeping him in tact??

Some names I'd like to bring attention to because I feel like they're very underrated as deadpool picks.

Thích Nhất Hạnh (b. 1926) - Vietnamese Buddhist monk, author, and peace activist.

Alan Greenspan (b. 1926) - American economist, chairman of the Federal Reserve from 1987 to 2006, unbelievably not a DDP pick currently!

Harry Leslie Smith (b. 1923) - British political commentator, writer, and WWII veteran, still active on Twitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Some names I'd like to bring attention to because I feel like they're very underrated as deadpool picks.

Thích Nhất Hạnh (b. 1926) - Vietnamese Buddhist monk, author, and peace activist.

Alan Greenspan (b. 1926) - American economist, chairman of the Federal Reserve from 1987 to 2006, unbelievably not a DDP pick currently!

Harry Leslie Smith (b. 1923) - British political commentator, writer, and WWII veteran, still active on Twitter.

I have read the autobiography of one of these men.

Thick Hanh, what's he like? :D

Nah, twas Greenspans. Amusingly, I've also read Soros's in which he tears apart Greenspans recollection of events in his book!

• Like 1