Grim Reaper

Stirling Moss

Kate Moss's Dad is one of the better 90+ picks. He is ill

Obvious solid Dl choice for 2018.

Aye, and if OoO is right, a hit this year.

Nice to see my advice was taken ;)

• Like 3

His son announced he has retired completely from public life and his website will soon be closed down.Cites his health concerns as the reason.

I voted for him in the first death because I honestly don’t think he’ll be around much longer. I don’t want to start sweepstakes on here (please, go to the sweepstakes thread if you want one for him to be started), but he probably has weeks left imo...

A statement from his son said Moss had made the decision because of his "slow recovery" from health problems.

And here was me thinking you don't get anything for a pair, not in this game...

The current Duke of Richmond writes about Stirling Moss.

Pivotal bit:

I went to see Stirling and Susie just a couple of weeks ago and together they are managing his illness with the bravery and fortitude that has seen them survive so many of Stirling's scrapes over the years. He won't be coming back to Goodwood, he won't be imparting his wisdom in public anymore, but for me, he will always be Mister Goodwood, inextricably a part of our motorsport history.

There's also a "we wish a speedy recovery" bit tagged on at the end of this rather obituary-esque piece. Wont be long now, imo.

2 hours ago, msc said:

The current Duke of Richmond writes about Stirling Moss.

Pivotal bit:

There's also a "we wish a speedy recovery" bit tagged on at the end of this rather obituary-esque piece. Wont be long now, imo.

Hmmmm - bit of a Cup teaser.............

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Hmmmm - bit of a Cup teaser.............

For those with realistic second round prospects, yeah

• Like 1

A part of me does wants to be slightly sneaky, and doesn't want him to make it to round two so less people have an advantage. Of course, that's more because I chose him for round one than not wanting a freebie for everyone...

Who doesn't love "vague and likely meaningless updates on DL main pagers?"

That's right, a tiny small press releasing a book on Moss sends "well wishes". Linked to new illness or just age frailty - who knows? Could be nowt, could be imminent news, could again be nowt, but you heard it here first, if it is anything...:D

• Like 4

Msc, It's the same illness for SCM that ruled him out of public life. Sadly he is too poorly at the moment. I can't say too much more than that out of respect. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Msc, It's the same illness for SCM that ruled him out of public life. Sadly he is too poorly at the moment. I can't say too much more than that out of respect. 

Thanks for the clarification, OoO.

Of course, SCM is as strong as an ox as proved by surviving numerous scrapes in times of yore, but unfortunately he does need to stay on the list I think. 

2 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Of course, SCM is as strong as an ox as proved by surviving numerous scrapes in times of yore, but unfortunately he does need to stay on the list I think. 

Indeed and he'll likely get a profile/form studying raise whether he likes it or not when he turns 90 in September

On 31/07/2019 at 09:37, maryportfuncity said:

Indeed and he'll likely get a profile/form studying raise whether he likes it or not when he turns 90 in September

Let's wait and see, first of all he's getting 90 today! :birthday:

This article says, that Moss was not well enough to be present for the 90th birthday celebration at last weekend’s Goodwood Revival :

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/formula1/f1-lewis-hamilton-sir-stirling-moss-90-enzo-ferrari-juan-manuel-fangio-a9107131.html

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Book said:

This article says, that Moss was not well enough to be present for the 90th birthday celebration at last weekend’s Goodwood Revival :

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/formula1/f1-lewis-hamilton-sir-stirling-moss-90-enzo-ferrari-juan-manuel-fangio-a9107131.html

I thought he retired from public appearances when he was 88.  So this isn't news, and attributing it to 'health' any more than when his decision was made seems slightly specious, albeit he is 1-1/2 years older.
SC

7 hours ago, Book said:

One of the very rare instances of OoO getting a motorsport prediction wrong; he had said hereabouts some years back he didn't think Moss would make 90.

Lady Susie has thanked well wishers for the messages etc to SCM. In other words Sir SCM is not well enough to make a statement himself.

This is a report on both the Daily Mail and iol. Za on his health but I wonder if there is more to it than this. https://www.iol.co.za/motoring/f1-grand-prix/racing-legend-sir-stirling-moss-fighting-on-as-he-turns-90-33120989

• Like 1