Grim Reaper

Stirling Moss

2 hours ago, Jimmy Conway said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he the first ever F1 DeathList hit?

Will Murray Walker die of a broken heart and make it an F1 double ? 

Rip Stirling Moss.

• Like 1

I was convinced Stirling Moss was in one of my DDPteams , shadowlist or death by numbers team but I can't find him listed anywhere!:o

Either my eyes are tired and not seeing it listed or I've had a big miss:angry:

Perhaps I only used his name in the crowdsourced list and that's confused how I remember it?

8 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I was convinced Stirling Moss was in one of my DDPteams , shadowlist or death by numbers team but I can't find him listed anywhere!:o

Either my eyes are tired and not seeing it listed or I've had a big miss:angry:

Perhaps I only used his name in the crowdsourced list and that's confused how I remember it?

Just checked. Can’t seem to find him on that list either

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Just checked. Can’t seem to find him on that list either

My brain must be temporarily addled then!I definitely had him on a long list but he was obviously shoved of it to enable the likes of Christina Crawford, Robert Fyfe,Cindy Adams and the Earl of Airlie to keep their perch on the lists , for Billy Butler, Jane Powell and Leo Scullion to get on various lists as well as making some room for some obscure former mps , wrestlers , British rock stars and lingering criminals in poor health as was plan to have a mix of names and backgrounds as part of a winning formula !:D

Oh well never mind the year is still young and hyperactive!

Shame that Moss dies but corporate shill Stewart lives on

2 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Shame that Moss dies but corporate shill Stewart lives on

Stewart's a mere 80, a nipper in Moss's world

One for the committee  one for me so i'm happy with that.But.......I'm  8-2 Down.

Still a long way to go. R.I.P. Stirling Moss.

On 12/04/2020 at 21:39, Deathray said:

Yeah which is kind of the whole issue. The list used to be interesting people with health issues regardless of age.

30 picks 90 and over is exactly what I'm moaning about.

I agree with that, but another big problem is the way the Committee leans on several people until they die of old age.
It's just cyber-squatting their names. They picked Kirk Douglas 18 times until he couldn't hang on anymore. That's a no-skill game.
Names should be permanently retired after 6 tries.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, The Brain said:

I agree with that, but another big problem is the way the Committee leans on several people until they die of old age.
It's just cyber-squatting their names. They picked Kirk Douglas 18 times until he couldn't hang on anymore. That's a no-skill game.
Names should be permanently retired after 6 tries.

I don't agree with that. I think that it's pretty interesting to see how long a person can go on : Kirk made his first appearance in 1997, and in the 18 following years, we all wondered if it was his time or if he could still hang on a year. His end was the end of an era. With your rule, we wouldn't have those "big names" anymore, the ones that cause you to cry a little when they pass (Zsa-Zsa, Kirk, Clive Dunn…). Plus, following your rules, we would have missed some big deaths or people in their 100 like Olivia, Vera or Kirk so…

edit : plus the game is sufficiently complicated, the committee struggles to have 20 hits on 50 so adding this rule would just lower the number of hits… maybe they can add it when they have 25/50 hits per year !

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I don't agree with that. I think that it's pretty interesting to see how long a person can go on : Kirk made his first appearance in 1997, and in the 18 following years, we all wondered if it was his time or if he could still hang on a year. His end was the end of an era. With your rule, we wouldn't have those "big names" anymore, the ones that cause you to cry a little when they pass (Zsa-Zsa, Kirk, Clive Dunn…). Plus, following your rules, we would have missed some big deaths or people in their 100 like Olivia, Vera or Kirk so…

You are using DL as a tracking device – and you are entitled to enjoy your own game – but DL was conceived as a game of skillful selection, and continues to be reported that way by the Committee with a "success" being the death of someone whose name is in their list.
To me, getting someone's year of death correct once in 18 attempts is an embarrassing failure.
With my rule, we don't need to miss anybody if the big names are picked close to their actual death.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Brain said:

You are using DL as a tracking device – and you are entitled to enjoy your own game – but DL was conceived as a game of skillful selection, and continues to be reported that way by the Committee with a "success" being the death of someone whose name is in their list.
To me, getting someone's year of death correct once in 18 attempts is an embarrassing failure.
With my rule, we don't need to miss anybody if the big names are picked close to their actual death.

If you want to make a rule where your picks can only appear 6 times on your shadow list, then go ahead. However, the Deathlist isn’t your list. It’s their list, and they pick who they want to pick, and they can pick them once or they can pick them till they die. So if they want to pick a name until they actually die, then that’s their choice. There is no need to force them to have a rule like that at all. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Brain said:

You think?

I just thought they just picked 50 reasonably well known people who were either very old and/or terminally ill/likely to be very ill and die.

There has been no skill employed in picking the 50 since, around, 1992, or something.

Most competent deadpoolers on here could shit all over their selections and rack up considerably more deaths.

The committee doesn't really exist anymore and none most of them have no interest in the forum.

14 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You think?

I just thought they just picked 50 reasonably well known people who were either very old and/or terminally ill/likely to be very ill and die.

There has been no skill employed in picking the 50 since, around, 1992, or something.

Most competent deadpoolers on here could shit all over their selections and rack up considerably more deaths.

The committee doesn't really exist anymore and none most of them have no interest in the forum.

You have neatly summarised all of the reasons why DL is boring.
I'll just ignore it from now on, after 21 years of watching.
If the mutated game is interesting to you, I genuinely wish you plenty of fun.

6 minutes ago, The Brain said:

You have neatly summarised all of the reasons why DL is boring.
I'll just ignore it from now on, after 21 years of watching.
If the mutated game is interesting to you, I genuinely wish you plenty of fun.

Picking people who may die every year is of no interest to me and never has been.

Infact, it is true to say, many people who have frequented this forum and, in some cases, still do, are of the same mindset.

After '21 years of watching' you should have been very aware of that.

The forum has always been more than about death.

Mind you, it's a bit shit now but, you know...

I've only just heard he died yesterday, and I'm all over social media. Was this news overshadowed by Tim Brooke-Taylor's death perhaps?

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Picking people who may die every year is of no interest to me and never has been.

Infact, it is true to say, many people who have frequented this forum and, in some cases, still do, are of the same mindset.

After '21 years of watching' you should have been very aware of that.

The forum has always been more than about death.

Mind you, it's a bit shit now but, you know...

After"21 years of watching" , did the forum exist in 1999? The oldest posts I've seen are from September 03.

10 minutes ago, One shot Paddy said:

After"21 years of watching" , did the forum exist in 1999? The oldest posts I've seen are from September 03.

Deathlist began in 87 but, yeah, I smell bullshit too.

• Like 1

Perhaps he was looking over the shoulders of the committee down the pub;)

Also he watched the game "mutate" for 20 years before joining.

• Like 1

I see what you did there @msc.

Ah, many a ruined Hogmanay....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I see what you did there @msc.

Ah, many a ruined Hogmanay....

It's a shame the line "How did you get to be a cop? Writing in to JIm'll Fix It?" has been somewhat ruined as McManus nails it. :D

• Like 1