Grim Reaper

Stirling Moss

11 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Lady Susie has thanked well wishers for the messages etc to SCM. In other words Sir SCM is not well enough to make a statement himself.

This is a report on both the Daily Mail and iol. Za on his health but I wonder if there is more to it than this. https://www.iol.co.za/motoring/f1-grand-prix/racing-legend-sir-stirling-moss-fighting-on-as-he-turns-90-33120989

"Bond-like barracks"

And it's in Mayfair!

1. Well that was an unexpected easter surprise ! Sir Stirling R.I.P https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18375128.british-formula-one-racing-legend-sir-stirling-moss-dies-aged-90/

8 hits just over a quarter through the  year.This is going to be the most prolific year in deathlist history surely ! 

• Like 2

DL 2020 is going incredibly strong! 

45 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Twitter rumors coming in that he's Dead.

Nothing in this thread since September and then he is dead. Good work from the committee

5 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Nothing in this thread since September and then he is dead. Good work from the committee

Yeah, a fantastic call. A sudden death looming apparently.

• Like 1

Tbf, OoO mentioned that he wasn’t in the greatest health in past, so his death wasn’t really unexpected, just that there wasn’t a lot to talk about up to that point.

10 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

Yeah, a fantastic call. A sudden death looming apparently.

16 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Are you two out of your fucking minds.

He was 90 and had known health issues. It's like shooting fish in a fucking barrel at that point.

No good call, just luck. At least with him gone there's room for a interesting pick who isn't a 90 year old hasbeen. 

Yay, I got next death right (at last)!

Oh..RIP obviously...

• Like 1

Am I allowed to say that I did not rate him as a racing driver? he was a good ambassador for the sport but not a true winner at it.

As has been said, his death frees up a spot for next year.

A non-rolling Moss gathers a head stone.

RIP.

• Like 2

RIP, Stirling Moss!

And I wish the other members of Deathlist a happy Easter. 

You're really breaking all the records. Eight hits in less than four months. :crossbone:

59 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Are you two out of your fucking minds.

He was 90 and had known health issues. It's like shooting fish in a fucking barrel at that point.

No good call, just luck. At least with him gone there's room for a interesting pick who isn't a 90 year old hasbeen. 

Er...30 of this year's list are over 90 and nearly everybody on the list is several decades past their peak/period of fame (excluding Bill Gates' dad and P-Orridge who weren't famous to start off with).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Am I allowed to say that I did not rate him as a racing driver? he was a good ambassador for the sport but not a true winner at it.

As has been said, his death frees up a spot for next year.

Except, of course, he won 40% of all the races he ever entered (over 500 of them). The year he won the Mille Miglia, he absolutely tore the competition, shred from shred. He won nearly a third of all his F1 starts at a time where Fangio was dominating and achieved countless speed records.

Genuine legend. R.I.P.

One day out. Bar steward. RIP old man. He did a programme to show that all his house was guided by machines so he could press a button and a cup of tea would arrive on his lap. But, no Ayrton Senna . RIP. 

26 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Er...30 of this year's list are over 90 and nearly everybody on the list is several decades past their peak/period of fame (excluding Bill Gates' dad and P-Orridge who weren't famous to start off with).

Yeah which is kind of the whole issue. The list used to be interesting people with health issues regardless of age.

30 picks 90 and over is exactly what I'm moaning about.

He had been seriously so very ill since 2016. Bit surprised by some people saying it's a shock sudden death. 

RIP to a genuine legend. A very sad day. 

• Like 3