Joey Russ

Thoughts On The 2018 List

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Oh, and I think 15 hits are realistic.

I doub it,there are a lot less guranteed cancer hits on the DL 50  like Joost, Downie,Christie etc. this year. Single digits is more likely then 15+

This could be a prolific year because  20 + 18 = 38. If you add up the numerical value of  each letter in 'death' (ie 4+5+1+20+8) it also comes to 38.So this could literally be the year of death !  If no 38 on the list Sean Connery is the first to go that'll be really spooky ! 

• Like 1

There's a variety of different people on this list. A couple who I really don't think will go anywhere THIS year, then there's a few who are on my own personal list it just happens. Also, there's a bit much in way of centenarians (I only allowed myself 1 for my list. Too many extreme old people make it too easy

17 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

If June Brown dies I’ll run naked through Tesco’s with a feather up my ass.

The Tesco Extra store, or just the Express?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I think they'll probably break double digits, cause there are still a fair few certs on the list. But I can't see them breaking the record this year. 

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

The Tesco Extra store, or just the Express?

Both ;)

ETA Thinking about it, we have three Tesco Expresses and one massive Extra in my town, so everyone will be lucky enough to have a peek!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think it's likely they have single digits this year. as somebody said in the temporary chatroom some of the healthiest 90 year olds found their way on the list.

Unless my drunken eyes are deceiving me the committee was brave enough to drop the Queen. I compliment them on having the courage! 

A little surprised and disappointed at the absence of Mary Wilson I was never likely to agree with all of  their picks so hey ho etc! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Unless my drunken eyes are deceiving me the committee was brave enough to drop the Queen. I compliment them on having the courage! 

A little surprised and disappointed at the absence of Mary Wilson I was never likely to agree with all of  their picks so hey ho etc! 

Since they dropped the Queen she's probably gonna end up dying this year. Like clockwork.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Interesting list this time around, sensible decision to drop the Queen, as expected Clive James returns but oddly way down the pecking order but dropping Stiles is the mother of all gambles. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nasquacker said:

Since they dropped the Queen she's probably gonna end up dying this year. Like clockwork.

I hope not! God save the Queen! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

31 over 90

39 over 80

46 over 70

They're trying to play it safe. But they didn't put Nobby Stiles in...now that's a bit bizarre.

I reckon 14/50.

well, the average age of the 50 new nominated is by 87.42  so its almost exactly the same as in the previous year 2017, which was 87.38

• Like 1

Well my DL prediction is down the swanee again.

Pretty good list. Surprised they stuck with Cardin as he seems destined for another three years imo. But I'm inevitably wrong.

Good luck Committee. If Richard Baker dies this year, I claim my five pounds.

The list is solid, but nothing more. I think it would have taken the following people on the list to break the record, they are must-takes:

Nobby Stiles, Stefan Karl Stefansson, Liam Miller, Carl Ikeme, Fernando Ricksen, Charlotte Rae, Stephan Hillenbourg or Dilip Kumar ....

But well, there is only room for 50 people, so let's wait and see ...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

well, the average age of the 50 new nominated is by 87.42  so its almost exactly the same as in the previous year 2017, which was 87.38

Well then, that .04 years really stands out :P

Not a great list but it is ok I would think 12_14 hits.

Why did they drop Nobby Stiles?

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

31 over 90

39 over 80

46 over 70

They're trying to play it safe. But they didn't put Nobby Stiles in...now that's a bit bizarre.

I reckon 14/50.

I agree.

2 minutes ago, Prophet said:

Why did they drop Nobby Stiles?

Crack?

Very much has the look of a peaceful stroll now that the record has finally been shattered. I was almost right on the money with the terminals they picked (I assumed Bracknell/McCain/ONJ and maybe Jowell) except I didn't predict Linda Nolan. Stiles a disappointing drop. Ian St John right above Jimmy Greaves a nice touch. Stirling Moss, Barbara Bush and Neil Simon good additions.

Think 10-11 hits is a likely outcome. It will take a few years to come close to 2017, so it's better to keep our expectations low. Wonder why they keep ignoring Gorbachev, though...he won't last much longer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

If June Brown dies I’ll run naked through Tesco’s with a feather up my ass.

Whereabouts do you live?

1 hour ago, Nasquacker said:

I thought yesterday, drawing up my DDP list, that I was probably improving the chances of the people on it. Alas, I can only save twenty. It's a big responsibility.

A Question for all members: Who do you think is the worst Deathlist pick this year?

My personal Top 5:

1. Ronnie Wood

2. Joni Mitchell

3. Paul Gascoigne

4. Mel Brooks

5. Dick van Dyke