Joey Russ

Thoughts On The 2018 List

6 hours ago, manuel said:

Prince Philip: Old and now retired. Looks quite frail and has recently missed a number of public appearances due to ill health

And now he’s having hip surgery...

28 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

And now he’s having hip surgery...

HIP HIP.

• Haha 1

Today is day 100. Still difficult to tell where this year is going. Currently level with last year's record breaking performance but the three years that reached 14 hits behind 2008, Level with 2003 ahead of 2015. I think we need a hit in the next month.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Today is day 100. Still difficult to tell where this year is going. Currently level with last year's record breaking performance but the three years that reached 14 hits behind 2008, Level with 2003 ahead of 2015. I think we need a hit in the next month.

Aye, well...discussions of Ms Bracknell's current online inactivity may oblige us there, eh?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Agree completely. Difficult to say yet if this year is gonna be a record breaking or a "bad" year with just a few deaths more on the list... personally I think the score will be around 12-13 deaths...

Brackers has been notably silent. So has Stirling Moss and Herman Wouk. McCain, while still active on Twitter, has not given an update on his health in recent days. And I get the feeling that Bob Dole and Stan Lee aren’t really doing too well health wise. So there’s a lot of potential hits in the future, but it could easily be one of the weaker years for the deathlist. Or it could be stronger (as two of their three hits could be considered gambles)...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Brackers has been notably silent. So has Stirling Moss and Herman Wouk. McCain, while still active on Twitter, has not given an update on his health in recent days. And I get the feeling that Bob Dole and Stan Lee aren’t really doing too well health wise. So there’s a lot of potential hits in the future, but it could easily be one of the weaker years for the deathlist. Or it could be stronger (as two of their three hits could be considered gambles)...

So. It could be a weak year or alternatively a strong one. I.e. a gamble which could go either way, so......... the same as any other year then.

Incisive stuff*. 

*Just messing with you Roey.

• Haha 1

It looks like 2018 will have huge name deaths. We already lost Billy Graham and Stephan Hawking. Barbara Bush, John McCain, Pope Benedict seems to be all locks to go as well. People like George Bush, and Kirk Douglas could easily go as well. 

• Like 1

Went through it yesterday. 15 deaths still sounds good. The Bushes, McCain, Bracknell, Jowell, Moss, Dole, Wouk - that's 11. Stirling Moss in bad health, Jill Gascoine in late-stage Alzheimer's, plus a few random deaths - Douglas? Norden?

11 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Went through it yesterday. 15 deaths still sounds good. The Bushes, McCain, Bracknell, Jowell, Moss, Dole, Wouk - that's 11. Stirling Moss in bad health, Jill Gascoine in late-stage Alzheimer's, plus a few random deaths - Douglas? Norden?

You mentioned Moss twice. Perhaps you were thinking of someone else?

No, a mistake... probably because I consider Moss to be right on the frontier between "very likely" and "a lock". So I had him sort of twice on my mind.

The worst performance in recent years was 2011 when we had 7 hits so I think there are many more to come. The latest that the fourth death has come in the last five years is day 176 which is 25th June 2014 and we had 10 hits that year. No need for panic.

Taken in the context of the sad passing of Barbara Bush  I have a feeling we are going to have a glut or series of deaths quite close together. In particular the now widower George Bush SNR. 

But also a few seem like they could be imminent like  Leah Bracknell, John McCain and Herman Wouk. That's without  mentioning the ever present possibility of a 'surprise' death. 

On my graph I have eight previous year's data. At the moment 2018 is laying in the middle 4 above and 4 below. If that is to continue the next window for death is between 29th May and 7th June. We are still ahead of record breaking 2017.

• Like 3

On 25/01/2018 at 00:30, Sean said:

The 17 most likely to die and break the record:

1)Leah Bracknell:16 months into a stage 4 lung diagnosis and reliant on shamanism.Enough said.

2)Tessa Jowell:Glioblastoma diagnosed 8 months ago.No conventional treatment options left.Can no longer speak fluently clearly thinner and frailer also.

3)John McCain:Glioblastoma 6 onths in.Not been seen in congress for awhile.Reports of second tumor.

4)Billy Graham:Parkinsons persistent infections on Oxygen since 2011 and bedridden.Eyesight and hearing also failing.

5)Herman Wouk:Nearly 103 and wheelchair and oxygen cylinder bound.Sold his house.

6)Clive James:Has had emphysema leaukemia and kidney failure since January 2010.Has been in and out of hospital has brought a wheelchair and has near enough stopped working.

7)Jill Gascoine:Has been in a nursing home for several years in the late stages of dementia.By all accounts is not aware of anything.Also had kidney cancer in 1997.

8)George H.w Bush:Parkinsonism and persistent respiratory infections.

9)Barbara Bush:Several previous infections and reliant on a nasal canula.

10)Leslie Philips:Had a stroke several years ago as well as a non malignant growth on his nose.Had a seizure and suffered a cardiac arrest in 2015.Pictured in a wheelchair looking extremely frail in 2016.

11)Kirk Douglas:Had major stroke in 1996 affecting speech.Was ina wheelchair at recentgolden globes ceremony.Also incrediblly ancient.

12)Bob Dole:Recent hospitalisation and looks very gaunt and frail.Has problems with eyes and arthritis.

13)Javier Perez de Cuellar:98 wheelchair bound and reportedly has memory problems.

14)Neil Simon:Reportedly mute from dementia as of August 2017.Had a kidney transplant in 2004.

15)Stirling Moss:Spent 134 days in Hospital last year.Retired from public life after a lack of recovery.Seems similar to Bruce Forsyth.

16)Prunella Scales:Has had dementia for nearly two decades.Hints of deterioration at the last series of Great Canal Journey`s.

17)Valerie Harper:Metastatic lung cancer now in the meninges.Hints last year that treatment was no longer working or at least losing effectiveness.

2 of 17 ... until now 

The 14 most likely to die in 2018 in order to break the record. 

Leah Bracknell 

George Bush Sr

Clive James

Stirling Moss

John McCain

Tessa Jowell

Herman Wouk

Neil Simon

Pope Benedict

Leslie Phillips

Duke Of Edinburgh

Jill Gascoine

Denis Norden

Kirk Douglas

I've just realised this is only the 3rd year in deathlist history that there have been hits in each of the first 4 months,the other years being 1994 and 2013.Could this be significant?:huh:

Shamelessly pinching @msc line....

No.

• Like 1

On 20/04/2018 at 14:07, ebless said:

The 14 most likely to die in 2018 in order to break the record. 

Leah Bracknell 

George Bush Sr

Clive James

Stirling Moss

John McCain

Tessa Jowell

Herman Wouk

Neil Simon

Pope Benedict

Leslie Phillips

Duke Of Edinburgh

Jill Gascoine

Denis Norden

Kirk Douglas

I would have included Stan Lee and Jimmy Greaves over a couple of those names. 

On 25/01/2018 at 00:30, Sean said:

The 17 most likely to die and break the record:

1)Leah Bracknell:16 months into a stage 4 lung diagnosis and reliant on shamanism.Enough said.

2)Tessa Jowell:Glioblastoma diagnosed 8 months ago.No conventional treatment options left.Can no longer speak fluently clearly thinner and frailer also.

3)John McCain:Glioblastoma 6 onths in.Not been seen in congress for awhile.Reports of second tumor.

4)Billy Graham:Parkinsons persistent infections on Oxygen since 2011 and bedridden.Eyesight and hearing also failing.

5)Herman Wouk:Nearly 103 and wheelchair and oxygen cylinder bound.Sold his house.

6)Clive James:Has had emphysema leaukemia and kidney failure since January 2010.Has been in and out of hospital has brought a wheelchair and has near enough stopped working.

7)Jill Gascoine:Has been in a nursing home for several years in the late stages of dementia.By all accounts is not aware of anything.Also had kidney cancer in 1997.

8)George H.w Bush:Parkinsonism and persistent respiratory infections.

9)Barbara Bush:Several previous infections and reliant on a nasal canula.

10)Leslie Philips:Had a stroke several years ago as well as a non malignant growth on his nose.Had a seizure and suffered a cardiac arrest in 2015.Pictured in a wheelchair looking extremely frail in 2016.

11)Kirk Douglas:Had major stroke in 1996 affecting speech.Was ina wheelchair at recentgolden globes ceremony.Also incrediblly ancient.

12)Bob Dole:Recent hospitalisation and looks very gaunt and frail.Has problems with eyes and arthritis.

13)Javier Perez de Cuellar:98 wheelchair bound and reportedly has memory problems.

14)Neil Simon:Reportedly mute from dementia as of August 2017.Had a kidney transplant in 2004.

15)Stirling Moss:Spent 134 days in Hospital last year.Retired from public life after a lack of recovery.Seems similar to Bruce Forsyth.

16)Prunella Scales:Has had dementia for nearly two decades.Hints of deterioration at the last series of Great Canal Journey`s.

17)Valerie Harper:Metastatic lung cancer now in the meninges.Hints last year that treatment was no longer working or at least losing effectiveness.

3/17 and counting 

So far we are on a hit a month so I have tried to extrapolate this for the rest of the year.

Jun: John McCain

Jul: Herman Wouk

Aug: Leah Bracknell

Sep: George H W. Bush

Oct: Leslie Phillips 

Nov: Clive James

Dec: Vera Lynn

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

So far we are on a hit a month so I have tried to extrapolate this for the rest of the year.

Jun: John McCain

Jul: Herman Wouk

Aug: Leah Bracknell

Sep: George H W. Bush

Oct: Leslie Phillips 

Nov: Clive James

Dec: Vera Lynn

Very likely those names... and also in that order!

Anyway, as I said at the beginning of the year, in my opinion the final score of the deathlist will be around 12-13 deaths...

• Like 1

Will the previous year info on the front page ever be added?

The 2017 list is finally ahead of the 2018 list, as I expected truthfully. But there's definitely a good batch of people that I wouldn't be writing Christmas cards to just yet...

All of the 5 hits this year were around the middle of the month... so I am expecting a hit for next week... two weeks at the worst...