Joey Russ

Thoughts On The 2018 List

2 minutes ago, drol said:

I voted Hepton for the Crowdsourced DL, but democracy sucks and he is not on it.

So did I.  I don't think I had him anywhere else though.  :( all round.

15 hours ago, Toast said:

So did I.  I don't think I had him anywhere else though.  :( all round.

I am now at 8 hits. It is rare I am above the official DL.

No, it’s two deaths in two days. McCain died on the 25th, Simon died on the 26th. 

• Like 1

Except McCain's death didn't break til after midnight UK Time, so it counts (from what i could see)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Even with 8 deaths, the score is still below average for the time of year. 14 of the past 20 DeathLists already had 8 hits by this time.

3 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Even with 8 deaths, the score is still below average for the time of year. 14 of the past 20 DeathLists already had 8 hits by this time.

Aye, but...I reckon we've got at least four left on there with virtually no hope of seeing 2019 and we could get a curve ball or two crashing and burning alongside them. Been around here a few years to see these lists so I'd say a respectable score on this list but little hope of breaking the record.

• Like 1

In my eyes, 12 Deaths per year is average and anything above is a bonus and don't forget that last year was the record-breaking year (which we definitely won't be beating this year unless everyone goes en-masse before New Years Eve.)

Let us look objectively at the list.Bracknell has stage 4 lung cancer and has needed her lungs drained and has exceeded her life expectancy.We have 4 centenarians and out of those 2  are objectively frail Wouk is on Oxygen and Douglas cannot stand up unaided.George Bush senior keeps having medical emergencies.Long time DL names like James and Harper are very quiet these days.Moss and Philips are lingering after serious spells of Ill health that they were locking to survive at their ages.Gascoine is in a near vegetative state by all accounts.Stan Lee is clearly ailing too and Olivia Newton John appears to be losing strength. Factor that in with all the other 95 year olds that could easily have a fall stroke oils bout of pneumonia in the coming months and this looks a decent list still.It won't break the record but I can see a 14 or 15 hit total come December 31st. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sean said:

Let us look objectively at the list.Bracknell has stage 4 lung cancer and has needed her lungs drained and has exceeded her life expectancy.We have 4 centenarians and out of those 2  are objectively frail Wouk is on Oxygen and Douglas cannot stand up unaided.George Bush senior keeps having medical emergencies.Long time DL names like James and Harper are very quiet these days.Moss and Philips are lingering after serious spells of I'l health.Gascoine is in a near vegetative state by all accounts.Stan Lee is clearly ailing too and Olivia Newton John appears to be losing strength. Factor that in with all the other 95 year olds that could easily have a fall stroke oils bout of pneumonia in the coming months and this looks a decent list still.It won't break the record but I can see a 14 or 15 hit total come December 31st. 

Er, not really.

13 hours ago, Deathtreat23 said:

In my eyes, 12 Deaths per year is average and anything above is a bonus and don't forget that last year was the record-breaking year (which we definitely won't be beating this year unless everyone goes on mass before New Years Eve.)

i hate to do this but shouldn't it be "en masse"?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

In probable order: saves toasty, cat or maybe even me doing it.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The one that always gets my fingers itching is "per say".  :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, redrumours said:

Aye,but which 4 are you proposing?

Best guess - Bracknell, Bush, James and Scales

Some other very old low hangers might sneak in, though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Oh I thought Deathtreat meant they were all going to die in church at Christmas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hm, not so sure about the last two. Clive James is still doing interviews which suggests that he’ll hang on for a while longer, and Gascoine is the better Alzheimer’s pick than Scales imo. Bracknell and Bush are definitely possibilities though...

14 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Hm, not so sure about the last two. Clive James is still doing interviews which suggests that he’ll hang on for a while longer, and Gascoine is the better Alzheimer’s pick than Scales imo. Bracknell and Bush are definitely possibilities though...

Scales is long overdue in my opinion. She has been living with no recollection of her married life with Timothy west for 3 years now.

7 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Scales is long overdue in my opinion. She has been living with no recollection of her married life with Timothy west for 3 years now.

That's pretty much his fault.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

I am thinking Wouk, Vera Lynn, Bracknell & Leslie Philips

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

McCain was active one way or another until days before the cancer took him - James may well have the same end. He is really ill.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

McCain was active one way or another until days before the cancer took him - James may well have the same end. He is really ill.

I'll second that.

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

762F11F0-CC36-4F59-893F-A62FF88F4092.thumb.jpeg.93107798c51257e414cf39b1b2d6cd1b.jpeg

• Haha 4

I said 9 and I’m sticking to it.  McCain’s was our penultimate DL death 2018.

SC

3 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I said 9 and I’m sticking to it.  Simon’s was our penultimate DL death 2018.

SC

FTFY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1