20. Paul Gascoigne

21. ???

22. ???

23. ???

24. ???

25. ???

New candidates:

1. Nobby Stiles

2. Queen Elizabeth (for the same reason I wouldn't drop Pope Benedict and Jimmy Carter)

3. Bill Turnbull

4. George Alagiah

5. Norman Lloyd

6. Jean-Louis Trintignant

7. Dilip Kumar

8. Roger Etchegaray

9. John McCririck

10. Johnny Clegg

11. Diana Athill

12. Le Duc Anh

13. Fernando Ricksen

14. Eileen Ash

15. John Paul Stevens

16. Jacques Chirac

17. Sheila Mercier

18. John Hume

19. Willie Nelson

20. Peter Lorimer

21. Kathleen Blanco

22. Violeta Chamorro

23. Li Rui

24. Franco Zeffirelli

25. Renee Simonot

image.jpeg.a53a9203f00d4c58ff4a7e00c52b0fe8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Prophet said:

Yes, but we need a obit in the UK and not a obit in France, Iceland or Azerbaijan.

I wasn't saying that, but as the site is getting more and more influence today, maybe the fact that there is just ONE British obit is not worth it to take in consideration a celebrity… 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

As someone who isn’t British, I don’t take names that I don’t know about and just immediately call them crap picks. Instead, I look them up and read about their lives before making a final judgement (and truthfully, a lot of them are fascinating). I don’t mind if they are not in your taste, but I absolutely despise people calling a pick bad just because they don’t know about them. And like they said, we don’t have a say in them, only the committee does...

I agree with you, I do the same : getting informed about life and death of the celebrities that are on the list, I don't think that these are "crap picks" but I just find it sad when I see that there are no obits in France for some celebrities like Denis Norden or Tessa Jowell for example… 

In addition, I know that we have no influence on the list but this is the right topic to talk about it so I though it would be a good idea ^^

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

As someone who isn’t British, I don’t take names that I don’t know about and just immediately call them crap picks. Instead, I look them up and read about their lives before making a final judgement (and truthfully, a lot of them are fascinating). I don’t mind if they are not in your taste, but I absolutely despise people calling a pick bad just because they don’t know about them. And like they said, we don’t have a say in them, only the committee does...

Also being an American, I too look up names I've never heard of for they may turn out to be good picks as well. As an Anglophile, I tend to know most of the British nominees though, but there are a couple names here and there that I need to research for myself.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I agree with you, I do the same : getting informed about life and death of the celebrities that are on the list, I don't think that these are "crap picks" but I just find it sad when I see that there are no obits in France for some celebrities like Denis Norden or Tessa Jowell for example… 

In addition, I know that we have no influence on the list but this is the right topic to talk about it so I though it would be a good idea ^^

That was more to TomTomKeleton rather than you. 

• Like 1

Things seem really slow at the moment.  Not just on the main list but on the other games. I think there must be a massive death coming or a flurry of second tier hits. It is too quiet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Things seem really slow at the moment.  Not just on the main list but on the other games. I think there must be a massive death coming or a flurry of second tier hits. It is too quiet.

The calm before the storm I reckon.

• Like 1

Shh Don't say that that sort of attitude causes droughts "I think the 3rd week of XXXX will have 20 celebrity's snuff it" then nobody but random farts nobody give a crap about die

Speaking of what is the longest gap Between 2 DDP hits  

26 minutes ago, 888-333 said:

Pretty sure it's the 5 month spell without one in 1998.

There were 3 month spells in 1999 and 2003.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 01:05, YoungWillz said:

Well my DL prediction is down the swanee again.

Pretty good list. Surprised they stuck with Cardin as he seems destined for another three years imo. But I'm inevitably wrong.

Good luck Committee. If Richard Baker dies this year, I claim my five pounds.

Five pounds please Committee! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46246049

Or some DL Boxers in lieu....;)

• Like 1

On 31/12/2017 at 23:34, gcreptile said:

Nicholas Roeg!

Missed chance.... though I didn't make a good case by misspelling the name (will never happen with Jean-Louis Trintignant).

I thought this was interesting.

Despite having 5 less deaths this year then last year, 2018 has a slightly higher death age average. For 2018 so far, it is 87.25 years old. In 2017, it was 86.8 years old. 

8 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

I thought this was interesting.

Despite having 5 less deaths this year then last year, 2018 has a slightly higher death age average. For 2018 so far, it is 87.25 years old. In 2017, it was 86.8 years old. 

Tbh, that’s not too surprising. The youngest hit this year is Mark E Smith who died at 60, while 2017 had 3 names under 60 who died (Joost, Errol Christie, Gord Downie). 

I think we will get one more hit. Probably Wouk or Lynn. 

In 2013 at this stage of the year there were still 4 hits to come.

• Like 1

I have a complicicated question

in which order do you think the 38 remaining picks will pass away in the following years ? Who’s gonna be the last standing ?

50 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I have a complicicated question

in which order do you think the 38 remaining picks will pass away in the following years ? Who’s gonna be the last standing ?

Ronnie Wood will be the last to go in 2027. Van Dyke and Connery not too far behind. 

On 05/11/2018 at 20:00, 888-333 said:

On 05/11/2018 at 20:27, msc said:

Pretty sure it's the 5 month spell without one in 1998.

There were 3 month spells in 1999 and 2003.

The longest spell without a death on the DDP is the 22 month period between Jill Ireland dying on 17th May 1990 and Jim Joel dying on 23rd March 1992 that included the zero hits year of 1991.

28 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

The longest spell without a death on the DDP is the 22 month period between Jill Ireland dying on 17th May 1990 and Jim Joel dying on 23rd March 1992 that included the zero hits year of 1991.

Pretty sure the DDP wasn’t around back in 1992...

17 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Pretty sure the DDP wasn’t around back in 1992...

Ahhh sorry all - obviously I misread and answered for Death List. Thanks Joey.