Mr Stats

Conspiracy Theory

Dear Mr G Reaper

I know how fond you are of conspiracy theories but this has nothing to do with them.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that since you started this engaging and stimulating discussion Forum we haven't had a single Death List success. Not one

In the 9 months up to 28th September 2003 we had 14 deaths. Since the conception of the forum later the same day until now (4 months and 6 days) we've not had a sniff.

What's going on? Sort it out or you're fired

Mr Stats

Well it a good point you make Mr Stats - I’m glad to see however that you continue to churn out the stats - as worrying as they may be!

Do u think there may have been media suppression of deaths just to spite us??

In fact my plan is to build such anticipation that when we have a success it will be all the more welcomely received - that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Mr Stats

Perhaps you would be so kind as to publish the top 5 baron spells of Deathlist since its conception. Just to see how worrying almost five months without a corpse really is. I must admit Reapers plan of building up anticpation of a death is certainly working - I can't wait for that 'first time' feeling. I'm told you always remember your first!

Bring out your dead!

DWB ;)

I was wondering the same thing... But given the celebrities that have shuffled off their mortal coils in the past couple of months, I can't really say that there are any I would have substituted for names I was mulling over at the time, given the chance.

I guess it just means there will be a bumper crop of deaths in the next three quarters of the year ;)

I know I could look this up for myself but I know that there are a lot of statisticians out there........

We've not had a hit on Deathlist since Anna Wing in early July - what are the Top 5 driest spells between one hit and another?

• Like 1

I know I could look this up for myself but I know that there are a lot of statisticians out there........

We've not had a hit on Deathlist since Anna Wing in early July - what are the Top 5 driest spells between one hit and another?

I was having similar thoughts myself.

• Like 1

OK so this is not exactly the question you asked but it is now 77 days since Anna died but this is nothing compated to at least two other droughts which I have identified

28th Sept 2003 (Elia Kazan) - 20th March 2004 (Queen Juliana) - 174 Days

9th July 2011 (Betty Ford) - 07th December 2011 (Harry Morgan) - 151 Days

To be fair though I think there is a distinct lack of celebrity deaths I have only had three since Anna Wing on my works game (Whicker, Smith & Frost) which has over 400 names on it.

• Like 1

To be fair though I think there is a distinct lack of celebrity deaths I have only had three since Anna Wing on my works game (Whicker, Smith & Frost) which has over 400 names on it.

Fishy, that. Is there a conspiracy going on among celebs, so that they won't die? Do the media conspire to censor reports of celebs' deaths? Have deadpoolers become stupid?

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

OK so this is not exactly the question you asked but it is now 77 days since Anna died but this is nothing compated to at least two other droughts which I have identified

28th Sept 2003 (Elia Kazan) - 20th March 2004 (Queen Juliana) - 174 Days

9th July 2011 (Betty Ford) - 07th December 2011 (Harry Morgan) - 151 Days

Thanks Bibliogryphon for answering this. You are right, the drought being experienced now is clearly nothing when compared to the above!