Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

We cross with vervoort and Herd Mary , but apart from them its all different.

Game on Sir.

Ahem, team submission deadline is over?

Yeah can't say I'm a fan of public early team announcements but it's not against the rules.

15 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So

Entries closed, round draw complete 

This Inter Youngboys squad line up against the might of Charon's army: 

Bessie Camm

Nobby Stiles

Leah Bracknell 

Tiffany Youngs

Denis Goldberg

Philomena Lynott

Marieke Vervoort

Robin Herd 

Paul Alcock 

Peter Overton 

Dean Francis

Bench 

Anne Hamilton-Byrne

Charlotte Rae

James Leavelle

I wish to God I was playing you I would enter the exact same team and let the powers sort it out lol

SC

• Like 1

I think MPFC has crossed wires? Deadline for submitting teams is end of the month! However, he's got lucky here, as Charon has his faithful XI in too, so his opponent wont get an unfair advantage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Yeah can't say I'm a fan of public early team announcements but it's not against the rules.

This is one of the reasons I gave my team to a trustworthy soul (and if I'd drawn YW, I'd have asked Cat or Toast very nicely if they'd have helped out in that regard - always have a backup plan). Last year I felt by going public as host, i sort of become nothing more than cannon fodder for Gcreptile. This year I am still not playing to win - not my role here imo - but at least the opposition wont know all the game tactics a week before closing!

10 hours ago, msc said:

I think MPFC has crossed wires? Deadline for submitting teams is end of the month! However, he's got lucky here, as Charon has his faithful XI in too, so his opponent wont get an unfair advantage.

FFS! I do have the wires crossed (which tells you all you need to know about how my job is going since the line manager had a nervous breakdown and left overnight) - so thank fuck I didn't gift Charon an open goal

• Like 1

Sharon mad.gif

Best I could have done was copy and hope for 'heads'.....

Sharon     not-laughing-lol.gif

Ah following Macca's wean? Well, whatever rocks yer boat, old chap...:D

On 1/22/2018 at 12:41, Grim Up North said:

I've noticed in the Cup that warming up whilst in the squad often has lethal consequences.

Ian Toothill and Patrick Cryne gone since training started.

Ah Ron Villemaire too - he might not have made the cut but was the most extreme example of me testing the boundaries of the rules for msc adjudication - famous for being a Star Wars fan and getting to the premier of The Last Jedi obviously.

Actually all these 3 were actually in my first eleven (although I didn't expect RV to make it) rather than just my squad - starting to scratch around a bit now.....think my opponent has already submitted their team though so a few imminent death announcements, last rites etc will do nicely as replacements.

6 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Ah Ron Villemaire too - he might not have made the cut but was the most extreme example of me testing the boundaries of the rules for msc adjudication - famous for being a Star Wars fan and getting to the premier of The Last Jedi obviously.

Actually all these 3 were actually in my first eleven (although I didn't expect RV to make it) rather than just my squad - starting to scratch around a bit now.....think my opponent has already submitted their team though so a few imminent death announcements, last rites etc will do nicely as replacements.

Ron Villemaire would not have qualified. There's probably 300, 000 dying SF fans a year worldwide, not very notable imo.

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2018 at 00:08, msc said:

FIRST ROUND DRAW

1.  Charon vs Maryportfuncity

2.  Pedro vs The Dead Cow

3.  Young Willz vs The Engineer

4.  Grim Up North vs Yorkshire Banker

5.  Msc vs Wormfarmer

6.  Spade Cooley vs Roverandout

7.  Joey Russ vs Garn

8.  Bibliogryphon vs Phantom of the Midway (AKA Rad Guy)

9.  Sean vs Fixed Business

10. Gcreptile vs John Key

11. Deathray vs Sir Creep

12.  Captain Chorizo vs Book

Round 2 draw to follow...

NB Players in bold have their teams in...

Updated - Bilbio's team arrived safe and sound.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Sharon     not-laughing-lol.gif

Seriously - not having easy work days whilst I'm doing one job and telling two new recruits with about five minutes experience between them how to do their jobs.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Seriously - not having easy work days whilst I'm doing one job and telling two new recruits with about five minutes experience between them how to do their jobs.

It's getting easier mind, today they have about TEN minutes experience between them

Take a Sickie then ffs.

Man up.

Either renumeration occurs, or they are fucked.

3 hours ago, charon said:

Take a Sickie then ffs.

Man up.

Either renumeration occurs, or they are fucked.

You talking to me

Sickie - nope northern, stubborn, never say die

My idea of a sickie is bantering hereabouts. 

If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way.  Life lessons from Homer.

Anyhow, sounds as fan as a bout of ebola, MPFC, but hopefully the Deathlist Cup hereabouts will provide welcome distraction.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, msc said:

If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way.  Life lessons from Homer.

Anyhow, sounds as fan as a bout of ebola, MPFC, but hopefully the Deathlist Cup hereabouts will provide welcome distraction.

Indeed 

Plus I juggle a few jobs only one of which is a serious chore at the moment

Fuck.

Mark E and Cryne haven't played ball.

If in time msc , can I put Liam Miller in and leave sub as is ?

20 minutes ago, charon said:

Fuck.

Mark E and Cryne haven't played ball.

If in time msc , can I put Liam Miller in and leave sub as is ?

No bother. Done.

Yer team are too eager to play!

FFS Mr Reaper, give us a break. Trying to submit a team here, and you keep buying my squad. 3 in 3 days. Dead Cow, dead cert. Had all my (un)luck before MSC blows the bloody whistle.

Rant over.

I have had another Fringes decision to make, and have accepted the choice on the following grounds

- They are close to a household name ie if you asked a bunch of strangers their name, at least 51% imo would go "Oh yeah, that's so and so, isn't it?"

- They would pass the "hit by a bus" test with flying colours.

- I have decided that if a person has been the subject of regular newspaper interviews and infrequent TV spots since before I was even born (that's going nearly 34 years plus), then it's a bit difficult to call them purely a "fringe" candidate, even if they look fringey at first glance.

judge-joe-brown-gif2.gif

7 hours ago, msc said:

I have had another Fringes decision to make, and have accepted the choice on the following grounds

- They are close to a household name ie if you asked a bunch of strangers their name, at least 51% imo would go "Oh yeah, that's so and so, isn't it?"

- They would pass the "hit by a bus" test with flying colours.

- I have decided that if a person has been the subject of regular newspaper interviews and infrequent TV spots since before I was even born (that's going nearly 34 years plus), then it's a bit difficult to call them purely a "fringe" candidate, even if they look fringey at first glance.

judge-joe-brown-gif2.gif

Hmmm - intriguing - if this was 20 questions I'm struggling!

Close to a household name, regular newspaper interviews and odd TV spots but not actually famous for anything in their own right?