Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

You can be a male cow.....seems fine to me.

3 hours ago, deadsox said:

Mr. Cow doesn't sound right.  Shouldn't it be Mrs. or Ms Cow?

After this months amazing DLC performance, Maybe 'His Supreme Hefferness' ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, charon said:

You can be a male cow.....seems fine to me.

That's bull.

• Haha 3

My next round team (should I advance) is getting seriously thinned right now. Don Briel (religious studies founder) and Greg Smyth (hockey player) dead. Tessa Jowell is apparently doing well enough. Emma Hannigan probably won't survive long enough. I'm really unhappy with what I have right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

My next round team (should I advance) is getting seriously thinned right now. Don Briel (religious studies founder) and Greg Smyth (hockey player) dead. Tessa Jowell is apparently doing well enough. Emma Hannigan probably won't survive long enough. I'm really unhappy with what I have right now.

Now there's a point - I'm only one death down and looking at Rochdale yesterday anything is possible

So, might be an idea to start thinking about who might get signed on my next team just in case

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Just give my tactics away aloud to Deadsox, on the offchance I reach Round 2. :lol:

Speaking of which, you can send in teams for Round 2 as of...... NOW!

tumblr_l2q8u1egwz1qc0pep28.gif

As usual, deadline is midnight on the 28th Feb/1st March crossover. Scottish/GMT time, which is 5 years ahead of New York, and a bit behind Germany, and considerably behind Heef Time Zone.

For those new, if you are losing heavily, well sorry - better luck next year? If you are in a close tie, or drawing, you might wish to send in a Round 2 team anyhow. Imagine you won a penalty shootout, and then hadn't put a team in? I'd expect lots of mocking, tbh.

My team has been sent to YWillz already (on the off chance I actually reach Round2, of course), so no one can accuse me of nicking their secret picks I don't know about yet. Team entirely picked off my own shortlist, bar one pick who someone on here kept going on about not lasting much longer in threads here, at which point I thought "Hey, thanks for the tip!" :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I feel that, my team next month might look uncharacteristically conventional, the way things are right now!

• Like 1

"If" I survive v Mary, gonna punt Nevin. I get the feeling she could peg and not be reported for a few weeks, and that's no good.

1 hour ago, charon said:

"If" I survive v Mary, gonna punt Nevin. I get the feeling she could peg and not be reported for a few weeks, and that's no good.

Replace her with Anne Hamilton-Byrne!

Just an idea, like

Lol.

Charon gets a decisive hit and Rover leads Spade once again...

Bingo. Black Widow death probably means charon is in Round 2, unless he starts making Jewish jokes and gets banned. Word of advice, gonnae naw? Or get the team in first at least, priorities and all that. (Notes for Sir Creep and others that bit might go over the heads of - look at last years thread and see how Maryport got to Round 2...)

Oh, and Rover is Over like...err...Rover. He leads Spade 6-3. Now, a unique hit from Spade could still win this tie, but well, there you have it.

1.  Charon (Unrepentant) vs Maryportfuncity (Inter Youngboys FC) 6-0

2.  Pedro (Trottingbum Hotsores) vs The Dead Cow 3-13

3.  Young Willz (Glasgow Ron Weasley Ed Sheeran Slash Fanfiction Thistle Wanderers United) vs The Engineer 0-0

4.  Grim Up North (Going Going GUN) vs Yorkshire Banker 6-3

5.  Msc vs Wormfarmer 3-0

6.  Spade Cooley (Great Railway Journeys with Hughie Gallacher and Robert Enke) vs Roverandout 3-6

7.  Joey Russ vs Garn  (Video Assistant Reaper)  7-0

8.  Bibliogryphon (Bye Bye Biblio) vs Phantom of the Midway (AKA Rad Guy) 0-6

9.  Sean (Shaun of the Dead’s Magical Funeral Parlour) vs Fixed Business  (Business Fixed) 9-0

10. Gcreptile (The eaten tide pods) vs John Key 7-3

11. Deathray (First In, First Out and Never Invited to an Orgy Again) vs Sir Creep  (The Month-to-Month Tenants) 0-0

12.  Captain Chorizo vs Book  (Never Heard of Soccer) 3-0

• Like 1

I picked her every round last year, so I wondered if Nevin marked any clean sweeps for my Cup squads from last year. Only the blitzkrieg that was April. The rest still have one or two straddlers (my final roster had one of those failed coma boxer gambles, so it won't be a clean sweep for some time!).

ETA I guess if we're being more comprehensive re survivors...

March: Nehemiah Persoff (just a random old person pick)

April: :skull:

May: Jalal Mansur Nuriddin (now on my DDP B-Team, has some sort of cancer)

June: Ashraf Rahi, David Whittom (both out of danger)

My second round team from last year, which was crushingly defeated by Pedro, only has one remainder, minor league hockey team owner Jason Di Matteo.:

(Downie, Spada J, Christie, Nevin, Kentner B, Van der Laan, DiMatteo J, Purchase M, Emeteole, Levy M, Vorderman E)

Hm, my second round team apparently only has Anne Hamilton-Byrne left. Nesmo Marbina died in May 2017.

My first round team has three survivors, Benedict XVI (tactical pick, actually), M Karunanidhi (ripe for picking again, I guess), and Noel Conway.

My third round team (against DI) has Anne Hamilton-Byrne, Beat Richner (turns out the ill health was dementia or alzheimer's, not cancer) and M. Karunanidhi. I forgot who "Hodgkin" was.

But Manuel Noriega, Mohinder Kaur, Leo Cahill and Catherine Nevin have since died. Susan Stros already died back then but it could be she didn't obit or something... Anyway, I guess the team wasn't bad, just too slow.

I am going to send my team out for a traing run but I think they will all be back on the coach come 1st March.

On 1/31/2018 at 16:46, Phantom of the Midway said:

Oh, I don't think she's that bad of a pick either. Criminals generally don't outright lie about their illness, just exaggerate. She could very well actually have brain cancer, even if the deathbed reports from last March were BS.

Called Nevin here. B)

But for some reason still had her high up in the Inverse... :banghead:

On 19/02/2018 at 16:40, msc said:

Just give my tactics away aloud to Deadsox, on the offchance I reach Round 2. :lol:

Speaking of which, you can send in teams for Round 2 as of...... NOW!

I had never considered the fact this information would even remotely concern me. Suddenly I have to start considering Round 2... :huh:

5 hours ago, msc said:

Bingo. Black Widow death probably means charon is in Round 2, unless he starts making Jewish jokes and gets banned. Word of advice, gonnae naw? Or get the team in first at least, priorities and all that. (Notes for Sir Creep and others that bit might go over the heads of - look at last years thread and see how Maryport got to Round 2...)

Oh, and Rover is Over like...err...Rover. He leads Spade 6-3. Now, a unique hit from Spade could still win this tie, but well, there you have it.

6.  Spade Cooley (Great Railway Journeys with Hughie Gallacher and Robert Enke) vs Roverandout 3-6

I can't help but feel I am very much the Wigan Athletic of this competition. Like, fine, everybody's enjoying seeing an underdog stick it to the big guns, but at the business end of the competition, we all know who we'd rather see...sorry folks. Still 8 days to turn it around!!! 

Rover is feeling a bit of a Swede and Spades legs are now all Ribery I hear you say...

euro2012_8.gif

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 18:45, Death Impends said:

I feel that, my team next month might look uncharacteristically conventional, the way things are right now!

One pick I suspect would have been popular has jumped the gun. Welwyn Hatfield Mayor Lynne Sparks died last week. Which I discovered yesterday looking up a team to lock into place. Was going to be my Sir Creep tribute pick and all. :D Alas, the team is now entirely predictable.

get_image.aspx?w=300&pbid=c899d34e-4f2c-

I know one thing for sure me and young willz will be going on last on match of the day :D

• Haha 2

Hmmm - looking like a big ask with a week to go; Charon's playing a tactical blinder here

23 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hmmm - looking like a big ask with a week to go; Charon's playing a tactical blinder here

Aye, it's not looking good for you, but who can tell - remember Fixed Business went 6 points down in the one day, so I'd guess another 6 point swing is entirely possibly.