Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Starting to wonder if me and Charon are destined for a nil nil draw.

Quite possibly. 

Taken a flyer with a few of them, Shivers probably most so.

Just on a six month old photo. Face bloated (part of some treatment I believe), looked like shit. Bought a business in his hometown (I would've laughed if a pizza place) but maybe that to provide for family when he goes.

Outlived his prognosis, not been seen in public, even at Republican funerals in a year or more.

If I got 1 hit this month I'd be happy, but internet so shit I can't use fb to check up on Hubbard.

Take a coin flip even now Sean.

23 hours ago, Sean said:

Starting to wonder if me and Charon are destined for a nil nil draw.

Charon and I

* technically 'charon and I', lower case 'c'.....

Thought someone had scored here. Couldn't think who you two both had on your teams.

1 hour ago, charon said:

* technically 'charon and I', lower case 'c'.....

kinda an e.e.cummings thing going on!  i like it.

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Does the Chief of the Fire Dept in Midland, TX count as a celeb?  Just trying to establish the cut-off point for next round.

Looking at it, he's just a fireman, like millions of others and has no local fame other than being a fireman, with cancer?  So I'd assume not.

• Like 1

msc isn't MSC, Live with it....

7 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

kinda an e.e.cummings thing going on!  i like it.

Or k.d. lang?

Preparing for round 3.  Working from Z to A lol.
Who is Ken Whalen?  I'm assuming it's not THIS guy, and otherwise google isn't my friend (can't find another one who is remotely important).  FTR 'this' guy isn't even sick AFAIK.  DDT how about a little help.  Is there a spelling error?
(Will edit this as I go, though I suspect there won't be any more).
SC 

Edit: And Tiffany Youngs' claim to fame is: __________ ?

Edit 2: Tony Kleese is what....an organic farmer?  Or wrong guy?  I'm hoping it's the wrong guy.

Edit 3: Couldn't find a JW Leonard of note.  The scientist?

Edit 4: I think there is a bit of a misnomer 'golf pro' re: Warren Grant, but it is what it is.  For the record (I do not mean to condescend), anyone who plays in the amateur tourney to get one's pro tour card, and is successful, is by definition a 'pro golfer'.  Doesn't mean they play on the tour necessarily.  Just means they have their 'card'.  Most every golf course (every one worth a damn) in the USA has a 'club pro', meaning a person who achieved obtaining a tour card at one point.  It basically legitimizes the course.  (Note, if they don't use it on tour at all, or even do and don't win much $ at all, they can and do lose it after like 5 years).  
If I read this correctly, Warren Grant was a local club pro, not a 'professional golfer' as we may use the term colloquially.  In other words, he's a complete nobody.  That's just his job title.  There is no proof in any article I see that he ever played in a single PGA event.  But he passed muster for this round so is good for the rest of this year's Cup.

OK that's all, I'm done.  Bolduc is a joke, his health is ok though so irrelevant.  I ran for city council in a city twice the size of Bolduc's, and had I received 400 more votes I'd have been a celeb! :-)  Fame is fleeting.

18 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Edit: And Tiffany Youngs' claim to fame is: __________ ?

An annoyance!

Short version: she's the wife of a rugby player. Yeah, I know, but WAGs (Wives and Girlfriends) of sports folk are OK Mag celebs akin to your Teen Mum folk here so I thought OK. Then I realised she was actually far more obscure and I'd fallen for a fast one. Anyhow, you live and learn, and at least if she goes this month, the only victim to the host's negligence will be, err, the host himself.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

An annoyance!

Short version: she's the wife of a rugby player. Yeah, I know, but WAGs (Wives and Girlfriends) of sports folk are OK Mag celebs akin to your Teen Mum folk here so I thought OK. Then I realised she was actually far more obscure and I'd fallen for a fast one. Anyhow, you live and learn, and at least if she goes this month, the only victim to the host's negligence will be, err, the host himself.

Can I ask about Pauline Maroney’s claim to fame then as she was accepted for this round? 

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Can I ask about Pauline Maroney’s claim to fame then as she was accepted for this round? 

She wrote a fairly known (I seem to recall) book about 10 years ago, about her son dying and then her daughter going for that record. Susie: A Mothers Story.

I am on tendorhooks as I have a brilliant semi final team but am doubtful my piss poor second round team can win me a place into the next round.

I dunno when I will send my semi finalteam in though.I mean Theresa May Jeremy Corbyn Camilla Parker Bowles Tony Blair Gordon Brown Ed Miliband Vince Cable  Nick Clegg Prince Charles Kim Jong Un Vladimir Putin  Diane Abbott John McDonnell Trump or Hillary Clinton could announce they have stage 4 pancreatic cancer by March 31st.

Either that, or he's super confident about taking on Rad or Cow.

On 2/20/2018 at 08:53, Death Impends said:

I picked her every round last year, so I wondered if Nevin marked any clean sweeps for my Cup squads from last year. Only the blitzkrieg that was April. The rest still have one or two straddlers (my final roster had one of those failed coma boxer gambles, so it won't be a clean sweep for some time!).

ETA I guess if we're being more comprehensive re survivors...

March: Nehemiah Persoff (just a random old person pick)

April: :skull:

May: Jalal Mansur Nuriddin (now on my DDP B-Team, has some sort of cancer)

June: Ashraf Rahi, David Whittom (both out of danger)

Actually, he is dead now.

Less than 2 weeks to go between me and DDT and I've still got a 6 goal gap to make up. Could really do with a Wouk/Bush Senior end of the month to turn it around (Bush Sr is unique), plus any of McCain, Vervoort or Jose Jose Jose Jose are joint picks. So long as none of DDT's unique picks go (Sathirasuta, Whelan, Palau, Willesee) then I've got a chance. Also worth saying at this moment in time that none of the three people I transferred in from Spade FC have yet bit the dust. Did I pick the wrong three to transfer? 

Well, Mitzi Shore is apparently on her way out, so she could easily be a hit for you. Not sure about the other two though...

Ex-footballer and coach Shaun Bailey has died and is a unique for me, and he actually died in March.

Awaiting obit.

A few of you keep saying that about Mitzi Shore, I find nothing to support it (including yesterday), but I don't do Twitter so assuming it's totally Twitter-related research.  My loss.

2 hours ago, The Dead Cow said:

Ex-footballer and coach Shaun Bailey has died and is a unique for me, and he actually died in March.

Awaiting obit.

He was one of your uniques who I considered but decided against in light of how long some other end-stage brain cancer names lingered last year, like Oliver Nome and Van Zandvliet.