Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

On 3/17/2018 at 16:00, msc said:

An annoyance!

Short version: she's the wife of a rugby player. Yeah, I know, but WAGs (Wives and Girlfriends) of sports folk are OK Mag celebs akin to your Teen Mum folk here so I thought OK. Then I realised she was actually far more obscure and I'd fallen for a fast one. Anyhow, you live and learn, and at least if she goes this month, the only victim to the host's negligence will be, err, the host himself.

It’s a fair cop.

For the record you DO have the power to simply post ‘so and so will not be accepted from this point’, my Liege.   Was unuaware of WAG rule but now I am, many thanks.

SC

I reiterate Tony Kleese the organic farmer can’t possibly be acceptable so what other Tony  Kleese is there?  TIA.

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

It’s a fair cop.

For the record you DO have the power to simply post ‘so and so will not be accepted from this point’, my Liege.   Was unuaware of WAG rule but now I am, many thanks.

SC

For the record, I would rather WAGs weren't picked unless famous in their own right like a Victoria Beckham, and will advise against Tiffany Youngs being picked in the Quarters now this error has been spotted. Consider this the closing of an accidental loophole. Now, watch sods law see her snuff it in the next 13 days.

• Like 1

He's not just an organic farmer, Sir Creep. He's an organic farming activist, who started a local non-profit. Admittedly a very borderline name, but he qualifies.

Anyway, he's dead. Not sure if that there counts, but hopefully it does cause it might be my only chance to take the lead against Cow before the Shaun Bailey obit comes in.

Edit: Be funny if Cow and I tie and it comes down to Bailey vs. Kleese age - they were both 53. It'd be another coin flip for msc..

He counts because I said he counts and this here thing ain't a democracy.

Also, no, that doesn't count as an obit. Awaiting Bailey and Kleese obits.

• Like 1

BTW just discovered a name for the very near future, and if someone not Cup involved posts it, you're just a selfish petulant arse.  If someone who IS Cup involved posts it, you're just a gdamn dumb arse.
It's a female -- that's all the info you'll get.  She's no Brandon Jenkins.....but seriously, who is?  She's obtuse enough could remain hidden for 12 days yet.  But you people are exceptional and someone will find her.  The onus is on YOU.  You have the power to be sensible, or fall into one of the 'arse' categories above.  What path is your destiny?
SC

Well Sir Creep you will be rooting for me to beat Joey coz I haven't got a clue who she is and CBA to research.

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:24, msc said:

He counts because I said he counts and this here thing ain't a democracy.

Also, no, that doesn't count as an obit. Awaiting Bailey and Kleese obits.

Does this count for Tony Kleese?

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/heraldsun/obituary.aspx?n=anthony-lee-kleese&pid=188510677

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, The Dead Cow said:

This seems familiar to one of the obits of one of DDT’s cup picks last year, and that got rejected iirc. Of course, I could easily be wrong about that...

Firstly msc rules and his decisions are like God's as far as this excellent game is concerned.:bow:

However if that does count as a QO then if ever a QO said I am a fucking nobody who should not be eligible for Death List Cup 2018 points then that is the QO.

I preferred The People's Seed obit.

• Like 1

No, I wouldn't say it qualify, sorry.

And hah Grim, but true, even the most obscure pics have brought up fruitful obits in the past, like the chap who managed T. Rex. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

I preferred The People's Seed obit.

I seed it, but I still don't believe it.

On 20.2.2018 at 15:53, Death Impends said:

David Whittom (both out of danger)

Now really out of every danger imaginable:

http://www.ladbible.com/news/sport-news-boxer-david-whittom-has-passed-away-aged-39-20180317

(I searched, didn't find anything, yet, I suspect it's already been posted here, somewhere....)

Ah, thought so... tough, because the search function doesn't include the quotations.

The Cup has a new hero!

Since I wasn't sending my (if needed) Quarterfinal team to YWillz, on account of the 50% chance of facing YWillz in said Quaterfinals, the wonderful @Cat O'Falk has agreed to keep my team under wraps, and confirm that I haven't stolen any of your great picks in the next ten days.

And on that note, I've locked in my team with Cat, so the submission period for Quarterfinal team is NOW OPEN.

• Like 3

On 3/1/2018 at 03:58, Joey Russ said:

Oh, and my immediate gut feeling for all rounds apart from my own:

1. Death Impends 

2. gcreptile 

3. Too close to call

4. Sean

5. DDT

6. Chorizo 

7. msc

No doubt I will be wrong in at least one case...

20 days later, Joey might actually have gotten every prediction wrong bar one. Is it too soon for Rover to celebrate, on this prognostic form?

:D

• Like 1

Never, NEVER did I think I would be sitting here midway through the second half, praying for the end of the month.

And I don't get to see msc's team!

Truly, in usual Thistle style, it'll get thrown away in the dying days of March....

24 minutes ago, msc said:

20 days later, Joey might actually have gotten every prediction wrong bar one. Is it too soon for Rover to celebrate, on this prognostic form?

Gotten? Gotten!!!!

How very dare you!

5 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Gotten? Gotten!!!!

How very dare you!

On 3/17/2018 at 15:10, msc said:

Bookmarking this to remind me of words to use more often on here. B)

I stick to my promises!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, msc said:

Well, I didn’t call one match. It could still go either way. But I’m laughing at that prediction now considering how wrong many of those were so far. :D 

@msc PM'ed my April selections over.

Still a niggling feeling I'm not going to make it, but the team is in.

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Just searched for Tony Kleese (and Shaun Bailey) in the sites that announced his poor health, and the original article of his hospice care entrance has been edited to say that he has passed. Does that count for him? 

No. It is not a newspaper or magazine, it is an organisation's own website.

2 hours ago, The Dead Cow said:

This however is a newspaper obit.

Halstead Town FC, incidentally, are only 10 leagues below the Premiership, so maybe watch for them on MOTD any century now...

PS Remind me next year to leave a blank post at the start for the current scores. They're becoming a right bugger to find.

Death Impends vs Heef 6-10

Gcreptile vs Sir Creep 3-11

Joey Russ vs Grim Up North 6-6

Phantom of the Midway vs The Dead Cow 6-10

Sean vs Charon 0-0

Roverandout vs DDT 0-6

Captain Chorizo vs Young Willz 0-4

msc vs Deadsox 6-7

Any of your more obscure picks died off my radar then?

• Like 1