Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

Well, with Rusty Staub not making the starting line, I’m not sure if I’d get a good enough team in next month just in case I make it...

Tbh, I'm amazed my slim lead has lasted this long. And I really do have a bit of a dream team for next month - the big names are overdue!

It's all very exciting...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, with Rusty Staub not making the starting line, I’m not sure if I’d get a good enough team in next month just in case I make it...

What are you like at tossing off Joey?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

What are you like at tossing off Joey?

Never let it be said that you can't learn a lot at Deathlist.  I now know what tossing off means in British slang.

• Haha 1

Team sent. Probably the most wild team I've sent in my brief history of dead pooling, and I know that it'll either do very well or do very poorly, if I make it of course. As a bit of evidence to my madness, I intentionally placed a favorite of Sir Creep's (my opponent), Richard Overton, as 3rd sub...

On 3/1/2018 at 00:16, msc said:

And finally, here is the draw for the Quarterfinals

1. Phantom of the Rad Guy OR The Dead Cow vs Sean or Charon

2. Death Impends OR Heef vs Roverandout OR DDT

3. msc or Deadsox (reigning champion) vs Captain Chorizo or Young Willz

4. Gcreptile OR Sir Creep vs Joey Russ or Grim Up North

So, reminders going out.

At this point I'll sub any dodgy picks with peoples first sub.

Also, I am bloody ghastly today so might be slow...er  than usual.

Team in just in case I win the coin flip, but I forgot the Claudia Fontaine related pick so addendum sent msc ....

Noted. Hoping someone wins, I dislike the coin toss. Might need two again later.

• Like 1

Sorry for great delays msc I explained as briefly as I could.  Best of luck to everyone advancing.  Looks like I may play a coin toss.  As usual I don't like my team, two of my three sure things died a week before the starting line.
SC

(Edit:  Haha well played Joey, except I went with beauty over age this round if that's any hint.  I did line up a couple centenarians as #12-13.)

Strangely enough, both of my centenarians are in the subs bench. Oldest person in my main lineup is 97, but I have many youngsters on my side still.

Whether you hit me or Grim, good luck Creep. :) 

The challengers are always outstanding and like I said in order to be the best I had to beat the best.  It's an honour and maybe a stunner I slid past gcreptile.  Whichever of you two I face will be equally as daunting. 

SC

Thanks SC, well done, beaten fair and square.

I thought my team would get to 4-5 hits actually.... (would still have been tough to win against your team!)

Also, sadly, I am not one of the best. My research may be, but I make poor choices.

Certainly a swiftly improving player imo. The Cup is a harder beast to negotiate though. Look at that Sean/Charon game. There's a good chance half the picks involved will be dead by Christmas, but none of them were dead in March.

Well, I say the Cup's a harder beast - Sir Creep is making it look easy so far!

Have submitted a team. However as I don't expect the last second miracle goal, I give my congratulations to Heef, we're even now. ;) I wish you luck in taking on the Grim Reaper himself.

Will admit the itch to to do extensive deadpool research has been on the backburners as of late, so it's a bit of a blessing in disguise to be knocked out. (rest assured the itch will be back sometime before 2019, though!)

• Like 1

With Death Impends likely out this round, I must admit it’s nice to see the consolation finals round  that never happened last year meet up now...

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Into fatal injury time......

Perhaps the twist this month is the lack of twist!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

With Death Impends likely out this round, I must admit it’s nice to see the consolation finals round  that never happened last year meet up now...

Actually, DDT hasn’t been on since Thursday. I hope he’s okay.

In the event that he or Rover don’t submit a team for next round, could it be possible for me or Grim to take their place whichever one of loses the coin toss? That’ll be great. :D 

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Actually, DDT hasn’t been on since Thursday. I hope he’s okay.

In the event that he or Rover don’t submit a team for next round, could it be possible for me or Grim to take their place whichever one of loses the coin toss? That’ll be great. :D 

If neither send their team in, well... Heef and Death Impends play each other again in the Quarterfinals. :o

Going to assume that's not going to happen though. I crawled out of my sick bed earlier to take some painkillers and send DDT a PM reminder. (Ok, and 5 other people...)

Another big favourite is yet to get a team in, too.

EDIT - I may install "lucky loser" element to deal with this from 2019 onwards should it happen.

21 hours ago, deadsox said:

Never let it be said that you can't learn a lot at Deathlist.  I now know what tossing off means in British slang.

I was walking along this narrow mountain pass - so narrow that nobody else could pass you, when I saw a beautiful blonde walking towards me. A beautiful blonde with not a stitch on, yes, not a stitch on, lady. Cor blimey, I didn't know whether to toss myself off or block her passage. Max Miller 1894-1963

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Thanks SC, well done, beaten fair and square.

I thought my team would get to 4-5 hits actually.... (would still have been tough to win against your team!)

Also, sadly, I am not one of the best. My research may be, but I make poor choices.

My DDP life story lol :(

Good news, DDT's team is in!

@RoverAndOut, commiserations - luck was on my side with those two early strikes and I don't think the scoreline accurately reflects how close it was over the full ninety minutes.

Not sure I fancy my chances against @Heef, but my squad will give it their best shot and I hope a couple of my new signings will be eager to shine.

• Like 1

Assuming at sudden last minute twist doesn’t happen, I must say that this is definitely my toughest round in dead pooling. No matter which way the coin flip decides, we  both had a strong team that just didn’t deliver as much as either of us expected, and which ever of us moves on, that person deserves it. :) 

• Like 1

Oh btw Rad, TDC got his team in, so that lamb will need to wait till 2019 short of a 4 point hail mary in the next...76 minutes.

• Like 1