Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

1 hour ago, msc said:

Given every losers posted their team, if someone else wants to keep an eye on the Quarterfinals that never was as a bit of fun, be my guest.

Rad v Charon
DI v Rover
msc v Chorizo
Gcreptile v Grim

I think this is a bit unnecessary and clogs up the thread and distracts from the real competition. I've lost, that's it - there is no Death List Cup heaven.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

I think this is a bit unnecessary and clogs up the thread and distracts from the real competition. I've lost, that's it - there is no Death List Cup heaven.

I don't mean run it in this thread. More a "the info's' there" for a future "here's what you could have won" post or not.

Anyhow, cant believe its 20 hours into April and folk already missed an 104 year old Jesuit priest, an Australian minister for social security,  and an Angolan politician. Bunch of household name misses there. :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, msc said:

I don't mean run it in this thread. More a "the info's' there" for a future "here's what you could have won" post or not.

Anyhow, cant believe its 20 hours into April and folk already missed an 104 year old Jesuit priest, an Australian minister for social security,  and an Angolan politician. Bunch of household name misses there. :P

And that Guatemalan dictator we all forgot about as well. Peter Falk maybe? 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

@gcreptile @RoverAndOut I'm creating a masterlist to see how each of those rounds of the lose bracket go, so I need your guy's team to make that possible...

Given both were lagging more than a hit behind it's likely they didn't bother with submitting a team.

Just now, Death Impends said:

Given both were lagging more than a hit behind it's likely they didn't bother with submitting a team.

Gcreptile did, at my request, just in case Sir Creep was unable to get a team in on time as he's been very busy. Thankfully, that was never needed. Well, I say thankfully, no offence Gcreptile.

Rover didn't put a team in, no.  I think next season I should rig the Cup and give him an easier route... :P

Oh dear, well, my April team took about 20 minutes of research:

1. Marieke Vervoort

2. Lyle Odelein

3. Ray Wilkins

4. Paul Jack (Scottish footballer)

5. Manohar Parrikar

6. Bob Dole

7. Herman Wouk

8. Satoru Anzaki

9. Dilip Kumar

10. Armand Bolduc

11. ND Tiwari

Subs: Ernie Thacker, Pauline Maroney, Thuy Thanh Truong

On 4/1/2018 at 08:08, Phantom of the Midway said:

Here's some of my thoughts:

Bishop David Foley would've made my team. Not a bad find for DDT and Sir Creep, he's in a 'care home' with cancer - sounds a bit like hospice.

Yes....but he JUSSST went to the care home, May is much more likely his month, as is true with 3-4 people on my team
SC

On 4/1/2018 at 15:36, gcreptile said:

1. Marieke Vervoort

2. Lyle Odelein

3. Ray Wilkins

5. Manohar Parrikar

6. Bob Dole

7. Herman Wouk

8. Satoru Anzaki

9. Dilip Kumar

10. Armand Bolduc

11. ND Tiwari

Would've been off the mark already had you gone forward.

Thanks, I knew it was a close matter with him. I'm actually glad I lost by at least two hits, so I don't need to complain "if only...".

Edit: I guess I should have spent more than 10 seconds thinking about my Easter Deadpool team...

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 15:36, gcreptile said:

1. Marieke Vervoort

2. Lyle Odelein

3. Ray Wilkins

5. Manohar Parrikar

6. Bob Dole

7. Herman Wouk

8. Satoru Anzaki

9. Dilip Kumar

10. Armand Bolduc

11. ND Tiwari

Would've been off the mark already had you gone forward.

Wow, I missed on a guy right in my back yard.

Meh, I also forgot to look at gcreptile’s team. Oh well...

Amazing, Bolduc didn't seem ready to go by any accounts.  Goes to show you....

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Thanks, I knew it was a close matter with him. I'm actually glad I lost by at least two hits, so I don't need to complain "if only...".

Edit: I guess I should have spent more than 10 seconds thinking about my Easter Deadpool team...

Yeah I threw names out for fun basically, esp all the females, just names  I knew I'd never use elsewhere.  

Rather relieved deadsox went the same route as I did and missed Wilkins....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Rather relieved deadsox went the same route as I did and missed Wilkins....

Right back at you Youngster!

• Like 1

Razor Ray "Butch" Wilkins, a young lad with a lot of pah-shun (pronounced: passion)* has died at the age of 61. When not giving his opinion on all things football to Sky Sports, Wilkins had a long career in football coaching, as well as stints as the managers of Chelsea (caretaker but it counts), QPR and... the Jordanian national football team. This succeeded a lengthy career in football, in which he won the FA Cup with Manchester United, but played for teams as opposite as PSG, AC Milan and Rangers. He was also captain of the England football team, famously getting sent off in a group stage game against Morocco when he the ball at the referee. Being full of spirit (though perhaps it turns out, too much), his early demise is no surprise, though the timing on when perhaps was, hence his appearance only on the final few teams that entered this months Cup.

Indeed, yours truly first heard about the impending demise when I saw Heef's team and thought "Huh?"

Speaking of Heef, he is one of 4 teams who gets point, but there's no cheering, as one of those other teams is DDT! Got to get up very early in the morning to check out the Devonian Prince of Darkness, you know. Also gaining points are The Dead Cow, who benefit from our Sean handing in his teamsheet a bit too early this time round. Also scoring is Joey, who takes an early lead against Sir Creep in a match that could twist and turn all month.

Oh, and the YoungWillz game is goalless. I know, you're all STUNNED, right?

1.       The  Dead Cow vs Sean 3-0

2.       Heef vs DDT 3-3

3.       Deadsox (reigning champ) vs YWillz 0-0

4.       Sir Creep vs Joey Russ 0-3

*PS - That opening sentence will make far more sense if you've ever heard him on commentary.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am a bit peeved that I put some effort every day except for the final two of the month...due to things beyond my control...when this whole Wilkins thing happened.  I mean it was so obvious.  
Alas.
That said, well done Joey, hats off to ya.  Time for my team to get less active lol.
SC

• Like 1

On 01/04/2018 at 20:19, msc said:

Gcreptile did, at my request, just in case Sir Creep was unable to get a team in on time as he's been very busy. Thankfully, that was never needed. Well, I say thankfully, no offence Gcreptile.

Rover didn't put a team in, no.  I think next season I should rig the Cup and give him an easier route... :P

Oi, I beat Spade on merit thank you very much! As for Deathlist Cup heaven, feel free to use my team from Round 2 for what might have been since NONE of them died. Though obviously Ray Wilkins, Efrain Rios Montt, Father Joseph Mallin, Jocelyn Newman and Jaka Jamba would all DEFINITELY have been in my starting XI - lucky escape there Heef! :lol: 

• Haha 2

Is Tin Oo ill? Last time I looked he was in great health.

10 minutes ago, drol said:

I’m guessing it’s similar to my wildcard pick of Mahmoud Abbas...

4 hours ago, drol said:

Tin Oo more likely to die than anyone on my team.

4 hours ago, drol said:

I think I read something about him "being gravely ill for the last year", during my hour long trawl on Google when I was hurriedly putting my squad together at the weekend.  That was good enough for me so I signed him up on a short term contract.  

Fergie McCormick. Now I need to look for a replacement for Windy City next month...

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Fergie McCormick. Now I need to look for a replacement for Windy City next month...

OHMIGOD!  *heart pounding* I thought surely you had McCormick, Joey.  I’m likely done for but that was the end would it were true!

32 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

OHMIGOD!  *heart pounding* I thought surely you had McCormick, Joey.  I’m likely done for but that was the end would it were true!

I wouldn’t count yourself out yet, as you still have plenty of strong differentials that could easily finish me...