Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

On 4/1/2018 at 03:27, Death Impends said:

Have submitted a team. However as I don't expect the last second miracle goal, I give my congratulations to Heef, we're even now. ;) I wish you luck in taking on the Grim Reaper himself.

Will admit the itch to to do extensive deadpool research has been on the backburners as of late, so it's a bit of a blessing in disguise to be knocked out. (rest assured the itch will be back sometime before 2019, though!)

I've been away for the last 10 days or so, so am only just getting round to reading through this. It was a ding-dong battle, but in the end the lads in the end dun good and were able to knock one past the oppo's goalie just as things were looking in the end a bit squeaky bum time. Anyway, in summary, it was a surprising win for the unheralded team out of Kiwiland who usually perform so adeptly in manners, but so poorly in actual results (oh, the 0 - 0 'thrillers' you get to sit through watching the All Whites). It was good to see no fights on the terraces between the opposing sets of fans, but the unlucky DI team gaffer must be wondering how he didn't put the game to bed before the half-time oranges.

As for the initial salvos of the next round, well, it's all a bit cagey so far i'n't it?

• Like 1

Bit busy so in quick, Fergie adds 3 points to DDT, Dead Cow and Heef:

1.       The  Dead Cow vs Sean 6-0

2.       Heef vs DDT 6-6

3.       Deadsox (reigning champ) vs YWillz 0-0

4.       Sir Creep vs Joey Russ 0-3

Guess I'll put this here, as it only concerns Dead Cow and myself (and our opponents), and is of little DL thread interest otherwise.
Update on ND Tiwari: Son got engaged, afterward went to hospital to get his dad's 'blessing'.  If so, he must be in recovery enough to 'give a blessing' to his son's engagement, which indicates the 92-year old sonovabitch won't be leaving this mortal coil in April.  :-(
SC
(Edit: This may be old news?  Tiwari was on life support in 2017 and this article references that rather than the present affliction.  But it's dated April 8 2018 and came up in Google news feed limited search to one week.  Who fucking knows?)

23 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

OHMIGOD!  *heart pounding* I thought surely you had McCormick, Joey.  I’m likely done for but that was the end would it were true!

If Thacker turns out to be the only death on your side and no one else dies (or Fu Da-Ren and/or Azreen Manan are the only remaining deaths between us), I think you’d win since, while I don’t know his exact age, I’m pretty sure he’s younger than Ray Wilkins...

8 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

If Thacker turns out to be the only death on your side and no one else dies (or Fu Da-Ren and/or Azreen Manan are the only remaining deaths between us), I think you’d win since, while I don’t know his exact age, I’m pretty sure he’s younger than Ray Wilkins...

Per this, he was 45 as of November 2017.

• Thanks 1

I thought Thacker was one of those old guy blues musicians tbh! Must be all those replies in the Ralph Stanley thread. Anyhow, the obit in the Bluegrass press means two things. Firstly, YWillz's vaunted defense has been breached, after 2 months and 11 days - the best shutout run in Cup history to date. Deadsox leads again, is he on course for 2 from 2? Secondly, Sir Creep scores, and with the age difference, has taken the lead against Joey. See? I told you that one was going to have twists and turns.

1.       The  Dead Cow vs Sean 6-0

2.       Heef vs DDT 6-6

3.       Deadsox (reigning champ) vs YWillz 3-0

4.       Sir Creep vs Joey Russ 3-3

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, msc said:

I thought Thacker was one of those old guy blues musicians tbh! Must be all those replies in the Ralph Stanley thread. 

Understood.  Thacker was singing in Stanley’s band at age 16.  FWIW 

• Thanks 1

With Mitzi Shore dead (who I honestly forgot about), I think Sean might want to look away now...

Keeping pace, keeping pace, hit 'em hard in the second half....

• Like 1

Silly Reaper, you're meant to dismantle my Windy Pool shortlist by taking out folk on my DDP team... Bah and humbug.

19 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

With Mitzi Shore dead (who I honestly forgot about), I think Sean might want to look away now...

Always seems to be one pooler who gets an unexpected shellacking in the Cup. Of course, the month isn't at HT yet. Perhaps he's less Man City and more Roma?

1. The  Dead Cow vs Sean 9-0

2.       Heef vs DDT 6-6

3.       Deadsox (reigning champ) vs YWillz 6-3

4.       Sir Creep vs Joey Russ 3-3

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

12 days too late! Even though that's an eternity in this game... Points in Deathlist Cup heaven though. :lol:

You can't handle the current scores in deathlist heaven. :D 

Er, I mean, here it is after 11 days, in case anyone is interested.

Rad v charon 6 - 3

DI v Rover 7 - 3

msc vs Chorizo 3 - 0

Gcreptile vs Grim 7 - 3

A bunch of one hit people so far...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

You can't handle the current scores in deathlist heaven. :D 

Er, I mean, here it is after 11 days, in case anyone is interested.

DI v Rover 7 - 3

Jesus, I'm even getting beat in heaven. :facepalm:

Bishop Foley dead. This website - it's like Digital Spy, but for God, apparently - counts, although given the dude was a Bishop, you can expect somewhat larger obits from the usual places before the day is out. 

Anyhow, the death of a Bishop does big things in the world of the Deathlist Cup, as it puts DDT and Sir Creep into the lead in their respective ties.

1. The  Dead Cow vs Sean 9-0

2.       Heef vs DDT 6-9

3.       Deadsox (reigning champ) vs YWillz 6-3

4.       Sir Creep vs Joey Russ 6-3

• Like 4

With that early second half tally we have gained a bit of momentum from the goal Joey scored in the opening minutes of the match that sucked the wind out of our stadium at the time.  Nearly two full weeks to go, we may have to put in a fresh set of legs or two on defense.
SC

He's on my team and all, but am I the only one who thinks there is at best a 33% chance Fu Da-Ren gets an English language obit?  And I may be pushing it...
Even our rather limited hoop to jump through may be a challenge for Da-Ren.  

Nice one Creep. I think there’s a good chance that you got it this round. Although I still think I have a few good differentials with Le Duc Anh, Peter Lorimer, and Brackers, I get the feeling no more than one is going this month, and I think there’s a chance of all of them surviving this round...

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

He's on my team and all, but am I the only one who thinks there is at best a 33% chance Fu Da-Ren gets an English language obit?  And I may be pushing it...
Even our rather limited hoop to jump through may be a challenge for Da-Ren.  

He already received coverage from English Taiwanese sources, I’d be surprised if he didn’t get any English language sources.

Future reference chaps and chappesses. If someone's died, gonna say it instead of hinting in here? Ta. :D

I guess Fa Du Ren has died? Shall await an obit. Someone tell Do-Re-Mi or their child Fa-So-La-Ti.

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Future reference chaps and chappesses. If someone's died, gonna say it instead of hinting in here? Ta. :D

I guess Fa Du Ren has died? Shall await an obit. Someone tell Do-Re-Mi or their child Fa-So-La-Ti.

Nah, he’s not dead (yet), but I think Creep was doubting his obit chances cause some of his later updates weren’t in English. 

• Thanks 1

You know what annoys me at the moment? Well, I finally have the opportunity to do some deep research today, and I find what looks like two really strong names mentioned in the same article for next months cup. Only that, when I did further research on them, they both died on the exact same day as well. :banghead: 

Oh well, not like I’m likely to make it anyways...

Well, with Nabi Tajima dead, I can’t see a way of me making a comeback in the cup...

• Like 1

Would've been on 4 hits now and ahead of DDT had my team gone forward. What coulda been...

I had 4 hits last month and 3 this month.  With 9 days to go.  I'm as stunned as anyone else.
SC

Not really that stunned Creep. You definitely are a good dead pooler, but you just needed a place to really show your dominance, and I think this shows this. Although, slightly off topic, I’m a bit mad at msc for potentially jinxing me for mentioning the twists and turns in our match comment...