Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

Semis

Deadsox vs DDT

Sir Creep Vs Dead Cow

Deadsox (Anh, Bighetty, Da-Ren, Jose, Mack, Manan, McCain, Remigino, Stefansson, Thibodeau, Vento)

Vs.

DDT (Steffanson, Mark, Goodall, McCain, Job, Moss, Bracknell, Quinn, Da-Ren, Anh, Blanco)

Sir Creep (Nawaz, Pratley, LaChance, Quinn, McEwen, Bowlen, Goodall, Killian, Dabney, Manan, Cox)

Vs.

Dead Cow (Silsbee, Thakur, Quinn,  Muoi, McCain, Lang, Hunter, Nawaz, Anh, Salisbury, Da-Ren)

Oh, and the final draw is Deadsox OR DDT vs Sir Creep OR The Dead Cow, you'll be shocked to hear.

I'm very happy to have gotten past YW.  Thanks for your sportsmanship Youngster!

Best of luck DDT in our semi-finals rematch.

• Like 2

@Heef, commiserations on a hard fought match.  You had a great team and I was worried you'd get a last minute equaliser, such was the strength and depth within your squad.  It was a privilege and honour to do battle with you.

@deadsox, so we meet again! Good luck, fellow veteran of many, many deadpool campaigns. :)

@msc, thank you for taking the time to create and maintain this excellent competition.

• Like 4

Ah well. 6 points was never going to be enough to make it through a tough Semi Final. A poor time to put out my weakest line-up to date, I think.

Congrats to DDT and good luck to the semi-finalists (although perhaps the 'good luck' should be reserved for their respective teams!)

2 hours ago, deadsox said:

I'm very happy to have gotten past YW.  Thanks for your sportsmanship Youngster!

Best of luck DDT in our semi-finals rematch.

Cheers, it was a valiant run from the deadpooler who picks the living. It would have been closer if I'd gone with my sub, but it the end, it wasn't a goalless effort from me either.

Go on and win it deadsox.

• Like 1

Looking at 4 incredible lineups there.  Dead Cow gotta hand it to you, it's going to be a whale of a match, best of luck mate.
Already 10-v-10 with Bishop Quinn retiring to the broadcast booth. 
SC

• Like 1

Now my least favourite part of the post-lineup events: Looking at the names I missed 'who?  who's that one?  How did I miss him/her?"
Just as I'm sure I gave my 3 fellow Semi-Finalists a couple head-scratchers, believe you me I am googling a few names myself.  I admire all your research efforts.
SC

That was quick -- McEwen IS DEAD!
Stephen McEwen, that is.  I should get 0.0001 points for that, definite tie-break.
SC

Article dated 30th April, so too quick on the draw it would seem.

Bemused to only see Goodall on two of the four teams, to be honest.

I would guess the other two submitted their teams before he announced his plan for euthanasia...

Speaking of which, I wonder what Sean’s team would’ve been since he said he would’ve revealed his team if he didn’t make it...

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I would guess the other two submitted their teams before he announced his plan for euthanasia...

Speaking of which, in the other thread you and gcr were bringing that up, I had to bite  my  tongue, cuz you made it sound like that was a revelation on the 29th.  I saw it somewhere two days earlier....I trusted the old man not to pull a Vervoort (she's just a malaprop now).  When I saw gcr post the same thing public I was like 'oh well'.... but yeah, seems all 4 shoulda had him.  Granted I eschewed the supposed pancreatic folks this round (Vento - Da-Ren), so who am I to point out other people's decisions?
SC

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Speaking of which, I wonder what Sean’s team would’ve been since he said he would’ve revealed his team if he didn’t make it...

1)Big Van Vader

2)John Bain (totalbiscuit)

3)Colin Butts 

4) Leah Bracknell

5)John McCain 

6)George H W Bush

7)Matt Cappotelli

8)Jose Jose 

9)Cornelia Frances

10)Nobby Stiles 

11)Mike Willesee

Subs:

1)Stefan Karl Stefannson

2)Kathleen Blanco

3) Jeanne Little

No terribly exciting picks.Then again maybe the fact I knew I would be eliminated stopped me paying a lot of attention to selecting a team.

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Speaking of which, in the other thread you and gcr were bringing that up, I had to bite  my  tongue, cuz you made it sound like that was a revelation on the 29th.  I saw it somewhere two days earlier....I trusted the old man not to pull a Vervoort (she's just a malaprop now).  When I saw gcr post the same thing public I was like 'oh well'.... but yeah, seems all 4 shoulda had him.  Granted I eschewed the supposed pancreatic folks this round (Vento - Da-Ren), so who am I to point out other people's decisions?
SC

Just a straight miss for me, I didn't know about him.  I'll have to hope I have the luck for him to have month-long red tape issues or to equalize with someone else.  Me winning by luck wouldn't be a new story, lol.

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 03:45, Sir Creep said:

Looking at 4 incredible lineups there.  Dead Cow gotta hand it to you, it's going to be a whale of a match, best of luck mate.
Already 10-v-10 with Bishop Quinn retiring to the broadcast booth. 
SC

Good luck Creep.

But yer on the back foot as of now as recently retired basketball coach and unique pick for me Larry Hunter has died.

Awaiting obit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Loudon Wainwright didn't sing "Dead basketball coach in the middle of the road" as it wouldn't fit the tune nor would it be historically accurate. However, Larry Hunter is dead, and it's unique points for The Dead Cow. If that's the weirdest attempted segue in Cup history yet, then blame a stupidly busy work. Is it the weekend? Thank god.

Tempted to give everyone a 10 point bonus for it being Friday, but you'll just have to accept that in spirit, and in reality it's:

Dead Cow v Sir Creep 4-0

DDT v Deadsox 0-0

• Like 3

On 5/4/2018 at 11:56, The Dead Cow said:

Good luck Creep.

But yer on the back foot as of now as recently retired basketball coach and unique pick for me Larry Hunter has died.

Awaiting obit.

Shades of our previous match with Joey, giving up a virtual open net with your April 30 stroke victim.  Bad news for msc is this is teaching us all to wait till the final moments to submit a lineup card.

8 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Shades of our previous match with Joey, giving up a virtual open net with your April 30 stroke victim.  Bad news for msc is this is teaching us all to wait till the final moments to submit a lineup card.

The thing is though is that I think Cow has a much better team than I did in our quarterfinals match, so don’t get too cocky yet...

I didn’t like my chances after reviewing DCs team.  But I ‘should’ have two in the can (my Gaelic Athletic Assoc dude and my fisherman).  Nawaz won’t exit that hospital alive, whether it’s in May remains to be seen.  But looking at the four teams as a whole I felt it very possible someone could get four hits and lose (on tie breaker, or even 5 hits).  Could be me :mellow:

SC

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I didn’t like my chances after reviewing DCs team.  But I ‘should’ have two in the can (my Gaelic Athletic Assoc dude and my fisherman).  Nawaz won’t exit that hospital alive, whether it’s in May remains to be seen.  But looking at the four teams as a whole I felt it very possible someone could get four hits and lose (on tie breaker, or even 5 hits).  Could be me :mellow:

SC

Nawaz is on my team as well, so she's irrelevant in our tie.

I reckon my best bets are with Lang, Silsbee and McCain. The Vietnamese folk could go any day, but they could also linger on for months. Thakur was a mistake, Salisbury I think might be too early and Da-Ren seems fine for now.

I do agree that'll be a very tight round, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it went down to a tiebreak.

Nawaz: I didn’t realize Cow had her, I thought we both only had Bishop Quinn.  Well as stated a meaningless wash as she’s on both teams.  I would expect her to perish before June, so we should both get hits.

Pratley: ““The cancer team were brilliant and pulled no punches. At best I’ve got a few weeks. You have to play the cards your dealt and I’ve been a lot luckier than most so I can’t complain.” (Apr 27)

LaChance: In bad stage 4 shape but maybe I’ve been duped and his chemo is going to keep him afloat for a few months yet.  Sounded worse to me, but he has a June 6 fundraiser planned, not that future fundraisers for Brandon Jenkins panned out.

Quinn: a wash, he’s on both teams.  Probably a mistake for right now by both of us, but the Bishop thing worked for me last month gotta ride that horse!

McEwen: 6 months to live in December.  This should be her month.  Another with a June fundraiser planned though.  Hard to pass up age  tie break pojnts (21) should she die.

Bowlen: OK who do you believe, the renowned sports writer with 3 close family sources says Pat’s circling the drain, or Denver Bronco mgt who immediately refuted the claim as nonsense?

Goodall: Assuming a hit, at 104 his age makes him a non-hit in essence.  Take what I can get though.

Killian: was looking to catch lightning in a bottle a second time ala Brandon Jenkins complications post- heart surgery.  Didn’t consider Sean #1 until this blurb about new complications from donated liver popped up.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vio-lence-singer-sean-killian-receiving-treatment-for-post-surgical-complications-following-liver-transplant/

Dabney: As stated when I turned in my list “he’s an Oct death but I’ve run out of names”.

Manan: Probably an overrated mistake I keep buying into.  

Cox: I don’t think he’s going to pull through.  OTOH his clan don’t seem the type to pull plugs on a comatose person who may be brain dead soon.  But has to roll with him.