Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

Thanks everyone, especially @msc for all your hard work.  Commiserations @Sir Creep, I hope you clear the final hurdle next year. 

It is nice to still be winning deadpools.  Would still like to get a Hartlepool DP win to add to my collection, so I'm not going to be retiring any time soon.

• Like 4

Belated congratulations! Takes quite some research to find all these low-hanging fruits.

Obviously I didn't win, but my proudest moment in this has to be getting the first hit in the entire cup, and he was unique. The constant "please pray for Mowzey Radio" struck me as being optimistic, especially when paired with the he'll get better soon...

I'll have to rest on the laurels of back-to-back come from behind victories in April and May against two incredibly strong players in Joey and Dead Cow.  Ted Dabney still reverberates around these halls a bit.  And having to pick Tom Benson, owner of my NOrleans Saints, well.... proves we have to set aside personal feelings and use our heads vs hearts.  And found out my (2nd cousin) was friends with Bernie DeKoven thanks to me saying he was going to die, which sadly he did.  An interesting few months.

I promised myself I would get back into my genealogy research after I got the quick boot from the Cup, so I could focus on that.  Then it was like if your phone falls to the passenger side floor and all you want is a red stop light to reach over and retrieve it, and you keep getting green lights...of all the rotten luck lol.  Anyway, time to sign up to Ancestry again and get back at it.

SC

• Thanks 1

Tbf, my April team was pretty shite. Only Vader and Wilkins died from that squad so far, and some such as Odelein will probably be alive for many years to come. But I certainly thank you for calling me a strong young player, that gives me some optimism in a bit of a rough time in my personal life right now. 

I think that you definitely have great potential in dead pooling, and I certainly look forward to seeing you finally win your first dead pool whenever that comes...

EDIT: Forgot about Fu Da-ren who was on my April squad, so that’s three. It was still shite though...

I'm back from Nova Scotia so its time to congratulate DDT.  Great win by a superior dead pooler.  Also congrats to the Dead Cow on his bronze medal.  It was a fun tournament again so thanks to msc for the concept and labor.

If anyone is looking for a vacation spot, Nova Scotia is wonderful.  Breathtaking  scenery, scrumptious  cuisine,  genuinely friendly people, varied wildlife viewing (I added six birds to my life list and had the best whale watch ever) and interesting historical spots.  I didn't go online once in two weeks and didn't miss it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, deadsox said:

If anyone is looking for a vacation spot, Nova Scotia is wonderful.  Breathtaking  scenery, scrumptious  cuisine,  genuinely friendly people, varied wildlife viewing (I added six birds to my life list and had the best whale watch ever) and interesting historical spots.  I didn't go online once in two weeks and didn't miss it.

Did you go to Bay of Fundy and watch the tide roll in/out? (Edit -- that's New Brunswick innit?  ugh.  Well no.... is it both?  Where the hell is B of F?  lol)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Did you go to Bay of Fundy and watch the tide roll in/out? (Edit -- that's New Brunswick innit?  ugh.  Well no.... is it both?  Where the hell is B of F?  lol)

We did watch the amazing tides at the Bay of Fundy.  It lies between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia so yes, it is both. 

• Like 1

I forgot this tournament ended a few weeks ago so I'll extend my congratulations out to DDT ! :) -Butts out-

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 21:48, FixedBusiness said:

I forgot this tournament ended a few weeks ago so I'll extend my congratulations out to DDT ! :) -Butts out-

Aye, me too - DDP clearly has a range of skills - good luck with the HPDP

• Thanks 1

Crawford and Silsbee died in July, a month too late but alas woulda been two hits.

On 20/02/2018 at 10:28, gcreptile said:

Hm, my second round team apparently only has Anne Hamilton-Byrne left. Nesmo Marbina died in May 2017.

My first round team has three survivors, Benedict XVI (tactical pick, actually), M Karunanidhi (ripe for picking again, I guess), and Noel Conway.

My third round team (against DI) has Anne Hamilton-Byrne, Beat Richner (turns out the ill health was dementia or alzheimer's, not cancer) and M. Karunanidhi. I forgot who "Hodgkin" was.

But Manuel Noriega, Mohinder Kaur, Leo Cahill and Catherine Nevin have since died. Susan Stros already died back then but it could be she didn't obit or something... Anyway, I guess the team wasn't bad, just too slow.

The Cup 2017 count goes down another: Beat Richner loses his heartbeat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

The Cup 2017 count goes down another: Beat Richner loses his heartbeat.

So Anne Hamilton-Byrne keeps me away from two clean sheets.

Miss Kulsoom Nawaz 2018 entrant a few times.  Dead.