Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

Me and Sean still goalless after this flurry of strikes.

I'll take that .

• Like 2

Vanessa Goodwin was a bit of an oversight. I remember, I once thought during February to add her, but forgot bout it. I even forgot to add Marieke Vervoort until the 25th or so.

I got lost in research and ignored the old names.

• Like 1

Well, off the mark but irrelevant for my tie. Had Goodwin in my DDP line up I think.

Drat. Already behind, and she was on my team at one point during the month. But nevermind, I was behind to Spade last month too, so watch out DDT... ;)

Well done, Sir Creep. Lots of unique picks in this game, but not so many unique hits.

And Mr Creptile didn't have Vanessa Goodwin either, so Sir Creep is 4-0 up early on in what the pundits expect to be a very close game over the month. What else has the untimely passing of Goodwin done to the game? Well, Joey and Grim share points in their hotly contested grudge rematch. Two other top deadpoolers who share points in their game are Rad and The Dead Cow. Yet another game with shared points is the hotly anticipated rematch between two of last years Semifinalists - a game we might remember nearly went all the way...

Great minds think alike or something?

Two other teams managed to score on Goodwin's death, without their opponents. That'll be DDT, who goes 3-0 up on Rover "conqueror of Spade Cooley" Andout. Tough for Rover? Well, he did go behind in the first round too... And, yours truly reduces the Deadsox deficit to 1 point. I have now equaled the number of hits ANYONE got against Deadsox in any round last year. (Only two people scored against Deadsox last year, and he kept a clean sheet against DDT - a herculean task...)

This leaves only two goalless ties. Sean/Charon, and... yes, Chorizo/YWillz. Will YWillz be the Greece of this years competition? Hell, will he be the 1990 Argentina and sneak through on penalties each time? :o

Only one way to find out, and that's in further episodes of the 2018 Deathlist Cup

Death Impends vs Heef 3-3

Gcreptile vs Sir Creep 0-4

Joey Russ vs Grim Up North 3-3

Phantom of the Midway vs The Dead Cow 3-3

Sean vs Charon 0-0

Roverandout vs DDT 0-3

Captain Chorizo vs Young Willz 0-0

msc vs Deadsox 3-4

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, charon said:

Me and Sean still goalless after this flurry of strikes.

I'll take that .

As Spade points out, Gianni Brera said the perfect game of football would end 0-0.

As with football and this game, he's slightly wrong. The perfect game would end with the opening goal being the last kick of the game for your own side.

• Haha 1

Emma Hannigan, author, was on 11 teams...

Death Impends vs Heef 6-6

Gcreptile vs Sir Creep 3-7

Joey Russ vs Grim Up North 6-6

Phantom of the Midway vs The Dead Cow 6-6

Sean vs Charon 0-0

Roverandout vs DDT 0-6

Captain Chorizo vs Young Willz 0-0

msc vs Deadsox 6-7

Well done to Sean/Charon and Chorizo/YWillz though - 20 scoring teams over 2 celebs today, and yet both of their games somehow remain goalless. Well, till Vervoort dies at teatime at this rate, anyhow.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, msc said:

Emma Hannigan, author, was on 11 teams...

Roverandout vs DDT 0-6

:huh: See Spade? I really wasn't that hard to beat. :lol:

Once again, my first Cup round of the year starts off a mirror match. I'll take it as long as it doesn't stay that way until the month's nearly over!

14 minutes ago, The Dead Cow said:

Ed Kennedy died a few days ago according to his wife's Facebook page, awaiting obit and clarification on date of death.

DEd Kennedy. Anyway, who was he?

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

DEd Kennedy. Anyway, who was he?

Some obscure politician in Broward County, Florida.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, The Dead Cow said:

Some obscure politician in Broward County, Florida.

Thanks. So the fame level not really what we expected at the get go, ha ha.

Next person to moan (even in jest) about the rules or criteria is getting handed the bloody Cup to run.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Thanks. So the fame level not really what we expected at the get go, ha ha.

My guy last round was the mayor of a town with 60000 people (as I touted, the 9th largest city in Minnesota lol).  Maybe we need a threshold like 100,000?  Does that make you a celeb?  Not in a strict sense, but at least you were voted into office by more than your relatives and a few people you graduated school with.  You could say 500,000 but then you've limited it to elected officials in about 30 cities in the States. Maybe that is fine and needed.  Of course that would apply in the U.K. then, and really cut back on who is a celeb.  What's good for the goose....
SC

I am slightly surprised my pick Armand Bolduc got accepted. If not the sub would have been Thuy Thanh Truong.

Look, fine, discuss the criteria with new Cup host Sir Creep or whoever you want. I'm away for a bit before my inner Kid starts to snap at folk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, msc said:

Look, fine, discuss the criteria with new Cup host Sir Creep or whoever you want. I'm away for a bit before my inner Kid starts to snap at folk.

Don't listen to any criticism msc.  You ran a great tournament last year and are doing just fine.  If folks don't like the way it's run or the rules they can start their own.

I'll keep my suggestion for tie breaks under my hat until next year under the circumstances.

• Like 4

The eligibility criteria is what keeps me interested in the Cup. msc ftw.

• Like 4

Wasn't having a go msc, I know how tightrope-ish it is criteria wise to go on the Hare's Pool. :(

If you've decided eligibility, who are we? Merely players, who strut and fret....yadadada....

*hugs*

• Like 1

Its the hope of the coin flip that keeps me interested Heef.....

• Like 1

Fame is subjective, SC just has a bigger pool to get easy research on is all.

Don't see why any bitching if he obits, which he will.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Vanessa Goodwin was a bit of an oversight. I remember, I once thought during February to add her, but forgot bout it. I even forgot to add Marieke Vervoort until the 25th or so.

I got lost in research and ignored the old names.

Oversight for me too.  I have her on my DDP team and she was my first sub for March.  I wanted one supergeezer and so Bessie Camm had Vanessa's spot.  We'll see how this works out.

Much like SC mayor boy, do we know Hannigan was this month? A tweet on the 3rd means fuck all.