Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Is that inter as in bury?

Honestly your mind is a cesspit

I'll maintain the moral high ground and claim it as a tribute to a great football team

For a team name, I think I will go with Trottingbum Hotsores.

27 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Honestly your mind is a cesspit

Not at all, it is a dead pool after all!

My team will be named Business Fixed

My team will be "The eaten Tide pods"

• Like 1

Just sent you my team: "Never heard of soccer"

• Like 1

Did I say 25 entrants? How remiss of me!

BREAKING NEWS

The Deathlist Cup is delighted to announce the Cup debut of acclaimed forum deadpooler Book! Welcome aboard!

• Thanks 1

A part of me hopes no one else joins so I don’t have the potential to go up against Spade or Grim (again) in 1 round. At the same time though, I do enjoy more competition as well, so...

I'd prefer a nice round number like 32 - easier on my maths skills, but the more the merrier.

10 minutes ago, msc said:

I'd prefer a nice round number like 32 - easier on my maths skills, but the more the merrier.

Also means 6 people don't get a freebie.

Seems my team already had a shield made online

Dorking_Wanderers_F.C._logo.png

1 hour ago, msc said:

Arithmetic you fucking yank.

Team name...

Unrepentant

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, charon said:
2 hours ago, msc said:

Arithmetic you fucking yank.

No no no, the Yanks say "math".

• Haha 1

I'll enter . Send you my team by PM  MSC.

• Like 1

Pm'ed you my team . I'm hoping for a sutton united type run.

As seen above, The Engineer will be making their Cup debut.

• Like 1

Hmmm one more entry and I'm in the first round - better get the lads and lasses started on their taking cyanide classes.

EDIT: It's quite a big advantage missing the first round, not just the chance of losing but also keeping your team secret whilst seeing everyone else's too.

18 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Hmmm one more entry and I'm in the first round - better get the lads and lasses started on their taking cyanide classes.

EDIT: It's quite a big advantage missing the first round, not just the chance of losing but also keeping your team secret whilst seeing everyone else's too.

Of course, that happens, and Joey will never believe any random draw which pairs you both up isn't rigged. :D

PS This means Spade is unseeded. Perhaps not what he wants while fixing up the DDP, but at the same time, who wants the task of taking him in Round 1? Or Dead Cow or G Creptile or indeed many other dangerous first round opponents.

I assumed the "cancer mum" ban would be straightforward! :D

Since some people have submitted their teams early,

Three rulings by the appeals committee so far:

- One fringes of fame contender just scrapped in, as I found evidence of them being a known celebrity long before their illness. I took heed of the Letele precedent from last year.

- I struggled on "oldest persons" for a long time. They don't really work on the old would they get an obit if they got hit by a bus theme,  because of course an 117 year old getting hit by a bus would obit! In the end, I decided that since they have been an innocent part of deadpooling since the beginning of time, and since you could claim by its rarity its a notable thing, to allow them. For now.

- However, the "I don't know how much time I have" cancer mums were blocked, even if they had written a book. I had thought the rule more clear than it was. The exceptions are very much rarities. Kate Granger and Jane Tomlinson for example, transcended their status through public deeds over a LONG period of time to become household names. Ian Toothill conquering Everest with terminal bowel cancer was such a ridiculous feat it sort of blows the thing to pieces, but they are rarities. The vast majority of these people don't even pretend to qualify. The Cancer Whisperer, to pick another example, is never going to get a mention on the BBC News or the like. Nor was your Lisa Magills or your Paul Briggs, who literally got hit by a car and thus obitted. I apologise for not making this rule clear enough, apparently, but genuinely, a good rule of thumb: if you google someone, and what you get as the top stories are "terminally ill mother" stories, rather than their own achievements/Wiki page/some form of noteworthy reference, then they aren't going to be accepted here.

It's not perfect but I never said I was. Onwards.

• Like 1

I think the old people who are just old are also a punt so fair enough whereas cancer mums quite often have blogs or tweets saying 'about to die now' almost like picking a death rower.

Fringes of fame - I've got a couple of fringes of famers who are on the fringe of my team - I presume if you've got anyone iffy in your team you just submit the team with a couple of extra subs and wait for your verdict?

The worst thing a contestant could possibly do would be submit a team with no subs at the last possible minute full of 'fringers'  - any grace period for replacement for rejects?

Just now, Grim Up North said:

I think the old people who are just old are also a punt so fair enough whereas cancer mums quite often have blogs or tweets saying 'about to die now' almost like picking a death rower.

Fringes of fame - I've got a couple of fringes of famers who are on the fringe of my team - I presume if you've got anyone iffy in your team you just submit the team with a couple of extra subs and wait for your verdict?

The worst thing a contestant could possibly do would be submit a team with no subs at the last possible minute full of 'fringers'  - any grace period for replacement for rejects?

They key would be to submit the team with enough time for the ref to say "yay or nay". Or at least remember the subs.

As for that worst case scenario, well, that person would be an idiot. No offence intended! If you put a bad pick in your team and don't get back to me, the first sub will replace them.

5 minutes ago, msc said:

They key would be to submit the team with enough time for the ref to say "yay or nay". Or at least remember the subs.

As for that worst case scenario, well, that person would be an idiot. No offence intended! If you put a bad pick in your team and don't get back to me, the first sub will replace them.

Aye, so - reality check here - I did get a reply indicating that there was a marginal pick in my line up who - on balance - does make the cut.

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, so - reality check here - I did get a reply indicating that there was a marginal pick in my line up who - on balance - does make the cut.

Aye and I like to think if I had decided the other way - I put a fair bit of thinking and research time into that pick - I'd given you nearly a fortnight to put in a sub!

Harsh but fair, that's me. B)

• Like 1

You know what today is?

It's the last day to record an interest in participating in the 2018 Deathlist Cup!

Will we have any last minute entries?