Éricles Souza

43. Imelda Marcos

Topic to discuss about the former Lady of the Philippines between 1965 to 1986, Imelda Romualdez Marcos
Who currently lives with 88 years

• Like 1

She is a rather interesting figure,and since she holds political office  if her health takes a turn for the worst it will become public knowledge. 100% is someone who deserves a place on  the deathlist top 50 in a future year.

• Thanks 1

Please, if possible I would like you to put the former first lady of the Philippines, Imelda Marcos, on the 2019 list. Next year she turns 90 and, judging by this photo, I believe she will not live longer than that.

http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/world/20170830/imelda-imee-marcos.jpg

Edited by Éricles Souza

1 hour ago, Éricles Souza said:

Please, if possible I would like you to put the former first lady of the Philippines, Imelda Marcos, on the 2019 list. Next year she turns 90 and, judging by this photo, I believe she will not live longer than that.

She probably won’t be a shoe in sadly...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

She may not be a shoe in to die in 2019,but she would be a shoe in to bring a ton of traffic to this site whenever she does(If she is one of the 50 picked by DL committee).

• Haha 1

I honestly thought she was dead.  I mentioned to Boudicca she thought the same.  First time a ghost has been on DL.  

Just now, Sir Creep said:

I honestly thought she was dead.  I mentioned to Boudicca she thought the same.  First time a ghost has been on DL.  

Mrs Msc said exactly the same when I ran down the list for her last night.

We do have a second DL-birthday today: Beside Pierre Cardin we can congratulate Imelda Marcos, 91 today! :birthday:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Book said:

We do have a second DL-birthday today: Beside Pierre Cardin we can congratulate Imelda Marcos, 91 today! :birthday:

How many pairs did she get for presents.

24 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

How many pairs did she get for presents.

Ask Carrie Bradshaw :P

She is (or at least was) quite obese. I saw her in the Manila Peninsula hotel in the late 2000s. It's quite an achievement for her to be living into her 90s and avoiding corona.

On 19/01/2020 at 16:02, Gooseberry Crumble said:

http://www.cnnphilippines.com/entertainment/2020/1/16/ccp-imelda-marcos-film.html

A documentary on Imelda Marcos, likely not to be entirely flattering, is due to be screened soon at an important cultural centre in the Philippines. 

Just watched it, pretty good. She appeared to be carted around in a wheelchair mostly, didn’t seem able to walk unaided and could well have deteriorated further since it was shot

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JR976evil said:

Just watched it, pretty good. She appeared to be carted around in a wheelchair mostly, didn’t seem able to walk unaided and could well have deteriorated further since it was shot

."..didn't seem able to walk unaided..." bit sad given large number of shoes she has. Just ornaments to hang on the end of her legs now.

• Haha 1

Imelda hasn't been seen in public for a long time, but has anyone noticed how radically his son, Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. has aged?

IMG_20210304_224049.thumb.png.d6ed956cae73d4ee79f4db86834b5fef.png

The first picture is from July 2012, the second from the first half of 2020. He had covid in april 2020 and was hospitalized, had trouble breathing and rumors of his death floated around for a while.

He's 63, so I'd say there's no reason to worry yet. However I think Imelda's death could negatively affect his health.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ8ZO3oNPs_/

Finally some new pictures. Looks better than I expected but wheelchair bound and probably unable to walk or even move.

Also, what's that thing on her necklace? Modern fashion or something else?

224736705_Nyttkuva2021-07-06203732.png.2639fdf0f14617c593f9641e239747a8.png

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Also, what's that thing on her necklace? Modern fashion or something else?

Not sure, but the guy in the pink shirt has one too.

On 16/02/2022 at 09:57, arghton said:

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/02/08/22/imelda-says-bongbong-sara-have-good-chance-to-win

Well enough to participate in a video message for bongbong's campaign. However mentions that she was unable to attend his proclamation rally due to a bad fall she suffered last year. 

Her son looks on track to easily become president. 

• Like 1