msc

Alt Obituaries Deadpool

I got the email, I’m currently in the lead alone, since neither Gerard Tierney nor Allen Kishner picked him...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I got the email, I’m currently in the lead alone, since neither Gerard Tierney nor Allen Kishner picked him...

Aww, Morlock (whoever that is) stopped the Deathlist trio - you, me, deadsox - picking up the trio bonus point! Hah.

Still, ahead of Mr Tierney - likely to be the only time in history!

• Like 1

I think Morlock is drol. He had him on his team...

Just now, Joey Russ said:

I think Morlock is drol. He had him on his team...

Ah, that explains why I couldn't find drolercoaster. Doh!

Took a snapshot of me leading in this off forum dead pool. 

0E3DB1E0-D69D-4112-A379-53EAEDA22370.png

• Like 1

Congratulations to those who had Patrick Cryne.  I can't be too upset as his was a name that hadn't crossed my path.  Guess I never searched for the right combination of keywords.  I find it harder when a pick is shortlisted, fails to make the final cut, then ends up dying.  The lead is indeed yours, Joey Russ.  Well earned.  

• Like 1

Well, I think I’ll expand my lead now with Masekela’s demise, but the question of whether it’s eight, nine, or eleven is a different question (won’t be a solo since I know gcreptile picked him here). 

Another trio. Gerard Tierney is the other person who shared the hit with me and gcreptile...

I'm actually nervous on how well my team might actually do on my first year. Three already gone (and one of them I wasn't expecting to die so quickly, and he was also a replacement pick), and I could definitely see more hits, but I'm not sure if it will be enough to win this year. I'm quite confident that I'll have a top ten spot this year though...

Think you've got a floor of around 160 points, which would safely see you into the top 10.

I’m on a roll with my 4th hit already. Don’t expect any bonuses with him, but I’m starting to think top 5 is plausible...

Wow. I got the email that Mark E Smith that he’s a solo. I’m quite surprised by that...

Also got asked if I was Cancerous Hatred afterwards as well...

16 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Wow. I got the email that Mark E Smith that he’s a solo. I’m quite surprised by that...

Also got asked if I was Cancerous Hatred afterwards as well...

Congratulations!  It's been a good January for you.

Alcock a hit for me and drol, at the very least.

One of those "just add someone because 50 names is a lot" people here.

Looks like you two are a duo...

As some names who I don't have, but others do,  appear to be closing in on death, I may be able to put on more hit on my resume, so to speak.  I had Foghat bassist Craig MacGregor in the AO Deadpool.  No obituary yet that I'm willing to submit for confirmation, but I expect something from one of the better known music magazines will be published.  If good, it's my second hit of 2018.  Meanwhile, I also get to claim one of the 'strikeouts' as my own.  I'm the one who had Dave Barrett, former Premier of British Columbia, in 2016. A suspected solo had he gone then and certainly one had I re-added him this year. 

Ah, I suspected that you and Gerard had him when I saw him dead. I kind of forgot about him in all pools, but I think had I given him more thought to him, he likely would’ve gone in over someone like Rose West...

14 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Ah, I suspected that you and Gerard had him when I saw him dead. I kind of forgot about him in all pools, but I think had I given him more thought to him, he likely would’ve gone in over someone like Rose West...

I also suspect Mr. Tierney will have him.  He was a carry-over from my 2017 list.  

1 minute ago, alt obits guy said:

I also suspect Mr. Tierney will have him.  He was a carry-over from my 2017 list.  

Think you both will be getting a daily double today as well, as Twitter is saying that Liam Miller is dead (can’t see either of you not picking him)...

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Think you both will be getting a daily double today as well, as Twitter is saying that Liam Miller is dead (can’t see either of you not picking him)...

I do, indeed, have Liam Miller.  If he has died, he was days away from his birthday.  Meanwhile, I found an obit from ABC news radio (the U.S. station, not the Australian one) for Craig MacGregor that should suffice.  Will submit it momentarily.

Nice solo Kishner. That and you get a daily double for having both MacGregor and Miller...

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Nice solo Kishner. That and you get a daily double for having both MacGregor and Miller...

Thank you.  I see somebody also got a hit for John Gavin.  Busy day for deaths.

A fine unique pick, indeed. I imagine getting an unique hit on someone known to be ill but fallen from the radar of other teams is always fun but then, I've never had a unique hit in the DDP or Alt Obits. Sort of the anti-DDT! :D

1.       Joey Russ 65

2.       Allen Kirshner 55

3.       Morlock 45

4.       Pan Breed 45

5.       Gerard Tierney 38

6.       Deceased Hose 31
Toast 8th
Gcreptile 12th

Joey has started very well. For now, I'll take being ahead of the mighty Mr Tierney while it lasts!

Especially did well since Masekela was a replacement pick for me. I just wanted to pick him somewhere, and he was one of the first 6 that came to mind...

• Like 1