msc

Alt Obituaries Deadpool

Kudos to deadsox and drol for having the duo of Celeste Yarnall. 

• Like 1

It's been quiet times for me in the AO Deadpool, but that may be about to change.  I had South Korean actor Shin Seong-Il (aka Shin Sung-Il).  He's received an obit in the Chosun Ilbo, a major Korean daily newspaper, which I've submitted for consideration.  Nothing official yet.  I posted an English translation of the obit in 'Foreign Personalities...' thread.

Edit:  Confirmed and a solo. 

You’re on a roll Alt Obits Guy with Ted Mack. 5 points for you, Gerard Tierney, me, and drol. Congrats.

• Like 1

What a jerk Ted Mack is for not dying a week earlier for 54321 Deadpool purposes

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

You’re on a roll Alt Obits Guy with Ted Mack. 5 points for you, Gerard Tierney, me, and drol. Congrats.

Thank you.  Yes, just read the e-mail alert.  Congratulations to all.

Welp, looks like I’m a hit in Alt Obits now. :skull:1B307761-4A91-4057-A0D1-C40C842CC48C.thumb.png.2827abac872190ea5e4112d3b6e39c13.png

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Welp, looks like I’m a hit in Alt Obits now. :skull:1B307761-4A91-4057-A0D1-C40C842CC48C.thumb.png.2827abac872190ea5e4112d3b6e39c13.png

RIP

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."   (Mark Twain)

• Haha 1

I hit Devin Lima for 18 points and don't even move up.  Hope there's better luck in the DDP.

• Like 1

Just now, deadsox said:

I hit Devin Lima for 18 points and don't even move up.  Hope there's better luck in the DDP.

There is, you're tied for 5th now.

• Like 2

Just now, Death Impends said:

There is, you're tied for 5th now.

Come on Abu Bakr al Baghdadi! 

Although I am not a participant this year, I noticed Devin Lima only scored 13 points on the hits page. Shouldn't it be 18?

6 minutes ago, Banana said:

Although I am not a participant this year, I noticed Devin Lima only scored 13 points on the hits page. Shouldn't it be 18?

It appears to be a typo.  The players who had him did receive 18 points but, you're right, it's written on the page as 13 points.  Hadn't noticed that.

9 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

It appears to be a typo.  The players who had him did receive 18 points but, you're right, it's written on the page as 13 points.  Hadn't noticed that.

Would rather have less points for a hit than personally being a hit though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, YorkshireBanker said:

when can we send 2019 teams

Although I suppose you can send a team at anytime, most people tend to do so about a week before the end of the calendar year.  The pool is a January 1st to December 31st one.  Also be prepared for your team to be vetted and for certain picks to be rejected due to a lack of fame, meaning you may be asked to resubmit the list with substitute picks.  The deadline for entry is 7pm EST on December 31st, which would be midnight GMT.  The pool's URL is:

http://www.aodeadpool.org/

Rules about eligibility and on the requested format for submitting your list i.e. last name first, first name last, surnames in CAPS can be found here:

http://www.aodeadpool.org/rules.html

Any questions you have can be directed to  aodeadpool@gmail.com   The pool is currently run by Evan Hulka

Hope that helps

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:08, Joey Russ said:

I wish you had told me you were sick.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, deadsox said:

I wish you had told me you were sick.

I didn’t know I was ill either. If I knew that I was in that position, I probably would’ve told you guys...

• Haha 1

Today appears to be one of those buzzworthy deadpool days and it's still only the early AM, Eastern Time.  Sorry folks, but I had Tom Billington aka the Dynamite Kid in the AO Deadpool.  His date of death is currently listed as December 5th.  If it remains as such, he died on his 60th birthday.  I miss out on 3 points because he aged into his 60s but it would be a 15 point birthday hit bonus.  If it's revised to an earlier date, reverse the point circumstances. 

If it's any consolation, I dropped Thor Hansen from my 2018 list.  He is also listed as having died today, Dec. 5.  The points could fly today if anyone had both.

26 points at worst then for Dynamite? Likely the KO blow to all the folk below you then!

3 minutes ago, msc said:

26 points at worst then for Dynamite? Likely the KO blow to all the folk below you then!

Would appear to be that way, but the great unknown (Gerard Tierney) may still have something to say if he had both Tom Billington & Thor Hansen.

Pool has been updated.  Dynamite Kid was a trio.  Gerard Tierney did have him, as did one other player, aside from me.  Thor Hansen was a strikeout, last picked in 2017.

Removed at request of owner.

Edited by Joey Russ
  • Like 2

I noticed the rules do not mention an age limit for picks.  Does that mean it's ok picking a Rapper, who put Dr. Phil and his studio audience ho's on the map?

3 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

I noticed the rules do not mention an age limit for picks.  Does that mean it's ok picking a Rapper, who put Dr. Phil and his studio audience ho's on the map?

You can pick whomever that is.  The choice will be vetted for fame and either accepted or rejected. You are correct with your observation, there are no age limitations for picks. 

Some bastards (Gerard Tierney and two others) did pick a 16 year old computer scientist a few years back, so no age requirement there...