msc

Alt Obituaries Deadpool

Entries can be submitted now. For those wondering how the list should be formatted/consideration for what picks could be considered there’s a rule page to check out. Good luck to everyone. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Entries can be submitted now. For those wondering how the list should be formatted/consideration for what picks could be considered there’s a rule page to check out. Good luck to everyone. :) 

And to you, as well.

If any of you were going to pick Steffan Lewis here, don’t. Despite me being able to get it through in 2018, the host told me that letting Lewis through was a mistake, and as such won’t accept him in 2019. That clears things up for him hopefully...

Team sent

Now I will find out if Xan's gon betray me and see 2020

Sent a team. Had a pretty good first year I would think. Hopefully I can repeat!!!

• Like 1

Good luck to all. After a couple of requested revisions,  my team was confirmed yesterday.  Now, we wait until the appointed hour. :angel3:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Good luck to all. After a couple of requested revisions,  my team was confirmed yesterday.  Now, we wait until the appointed hour. :angel3:

If you managed less rejected picks than me, you did well.

I, err,  had 19 DQ'd! A new personal record.

• Haha 1

Just now, msc said:

If you managed less rejected pick than me, you did well.

Better than me though. A whopping 22 rejected names! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

14 initially rejected + 2 rejected after the first revision.  

I feel like I doomed myself to a reprise of  middling status in 2019: my list of 40 was 100% approved within 18 minutes and I have thirteen new entries, seven of those I learned about from frequenting deathlist.net. At least I'm not Team Bubba (who goes 362 days hitfree in a year where a POTUS, FLOTUS, a US Senator with terminal brain cancer, and a bedridden nonagenarian high profile evangelist seem like sure bets in a team of forty?).

12 hours ago, msc said:

I had a solid 31, but probably so high for trying to get a feel for what would be accepted as a first timer

49 minutes ago, Banana said:

I had a solid 31, but probably so high for trying to get a feel for what would be accepted as a first timer

The threshold also seems to increase with each year.  Names that would've once been acceptable are no longer such. Nice to see someone new to the pool.  Best of luck. 

I had only two rejected. People with their own Wiki page, mind.

40 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

The threshold also seems to increase with each year.  Names that would've once been acceptable are no longer such. Nice to see someone new to the pool.  Best of luck. 

Yeah, I had one or two turned down that I went for on the basis of early scores in that same area.

2 hours ago, drol said:

I had only two rejected. People with their own Wiki page, mind.

Of the 40 names on my original list, 38 have a Wiki page. Still, I wasn't surprised at most of the names that were rejected.

Have sent my team as well. Good Luck everyone!

There was only one name that I was truly surprised at being rejected. But hey, that’s life...

How long till I hear who got the ax?  Won't be more than a couple, but I saw no point in putting alternates.  

(Edit - what's with all the hush hush secretive nonsense, y'all should be grassing who got rejected so we all don't waste the Mod's and our time.)
(Edit 2 - not only that, but it's your own personal proof that you sent in a name that was rejected if in fact it is later approved for another team (I believe I read that complaint last year)).

Just now, Sir Creep said:

How long till I hear who got the ax?  Won't be more than a couple, but I saw no point in putting alternates.  

Typically you should get a reply within the day to ask you about replacements. Hopefully you haven’t overestimated the threshold of some of your picks though...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Typically you should get a reply within the day to ask you about replacements. Hopefully you haven’t overestimated the threshold of some of your picks though...

**shrugs** who knows, I picked pretty big fat names in general.  We shall see.  Tried to avoid rejects "ain't got no time for dat."

13 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

(Edit - what's with all the hush hush secretive nonsense, y'all should be grassing who got rejected so we all don't waste the Mod's and our time.)
(Edit 2 - not only that, but it's your own personal proof that you sent in a name that was rejected if in fact it is later approved for another team (I believe I read that complaint last year)).

You'll see all 19 rejects on Jan 1st. Reason it wont be before then is very simple - its a chunk of my DDP shortlist! :lol:

• Haha 2

Actually I have very common picks on DDP, maybe two uniques only. Maybe. But the rest are the usual suspects....

I have misunderstood this game- I will have to withdraw 95% of my list and search for new people.