msc

Alt Obituaries Deadpool

It’s officially a solo. Congrats Faucheuse. :) 

• Thanks 1

Congratulations to deadsox on his solo with Gordon Banks. :) 

• Like 3

Stunned he was as a solo

Congratulations to Chorizo for having a duet with Pedro Morales. :) 

Last week I shared an aodeadpool duet with Rosamunde Pilcher hit.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Banana said:

Stunned he was as a solo

Had him in 2017, but was still going strong at year's end, despite his diagnosis, so I dropped him.  Probably a few others who did likewise.  Wasn't even on my radar to re-add in 2019. 

Congratulations to Chorizo for having a solo with Prince Leonard of the Hutt River. :) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Congratulations to Chorizo for having a solo with Prince Leonard of the Hutt River. :) 

That breaks the third-place tie.  Just missed out on a daily double, at least based on today being currently listed as his date of death. 

Congrats Torva on your solo with Ken Nordine. :) 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Congrats Torva on your solo with Ken Nordine. :) 

Thanks, Joey. I have Ken Nordine in my list on another website with more participants than aodeadpool.org, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have a site-wide solo there too for points galore. He's not in the pool with 197 people playing so I have hope.

On 13/02/2019 at 09:01, Joey Russ said:

My disdain for this 'celeb' being accepted for aod (considering the list of those who weren't) can only be outdone by the fact this nobody got a aod QO.  

SC

Congrats to The Old Crem for having a solo with Paul Flynn. :) 

• Like 2

Congratulations to Sir Creep with his solo for Vinny Vella and to the quartet of Deceased Hose, Grin Reaper, OldLady, and Toast for picking Peter Tork.

• Thanks 1

On 01/01/2019 at 06:24, msc said:

Rejected Alt Obit picks

7.       Rhys Oakley - another rugby player

Just as well, Oakley has rejected his cancer -- for the time being.

After so many rejected names have gone, there had to be a replacement name out there that would become a hit. And there was one out there. I had Mike Willesee. Only 8 points but will help me stay in second...

21 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

After so many rejected names have gone, there had to be a replacement name out there that would become a hit. And there was one out there. I had Mike Willesee. Only 8 points but will help me stay in second...

Not surprising there won't be any bonus points.  To confirm, I had him as well.  He is my 7th hit.   His death comes on the heels of that of Josephine Mandamin, my 5th rejected pick to also die.  For context, two of the my seven hits were people not on the list I initially submitted.   

19 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Not surprising there won't be any bonus points.  To confirm, I had him as well.  He is my 7th hit.   His death comes on the heels of that of Josephine Mandamin, my 5th rejected pick to also die.  For context, two of the my seven hits were people not on the list I initially submitted.   

Five people had him. Besides you and me, Chorizo, deadsox, and Gerard Tierney also picked him... 

While it looks like I’m out of the cup, I do get some solace in the fact that I did pick Manohar Parrikar on here. Think that means I’m one point away from breaking the century mark for this pool...

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

While it looks like I’m out of the cup, I do get some solace in the fact that I did pick Manohar Parrikar on here. Think that means I’m one point away from breaking the century mark for this pool...

But, unfortunately (at least for now), no closer to the top spot.  I had Manohar Parrikar in the AO Deadpool and the Deathlist Cup, but not the Derby Dead Pool.  Will be interesting if he gets a QO for the DDP.   

At least four people had Parrikar here, so no bonus points.

Congrats to gcreptile for picking Barbara Hammer on here, it’s a solo for you. :) 

Also, 8 people picked Parrikar here, among them the force known as Gerard Tierney...

• Like 1

Busy times at the AO Deadpool, with Richard Erdman, Barbara Hammer, Dick Dale (who I did have in 2017) and Manohar Parrikar all being added in the latest update. 

Someone had Dick fucking Dale?? (I say that as a person what has him in personal DP I run)

Lorraine Warren, pick for @Book here is being reported as dead on Twitterboard.

No formal news source yet afaik.

• Thanks 1