msc

Alt Obituaries Deadpool

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Shouldn't be an issue.  Here is an obituary from the Italian edition of Rolling Stone.  That should be sufficient.

https://www.rollingstone.it/cinema/news-cinema/piero-tosi-e-morto-il-grande-costumista-del-cinema-italiano/472737/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, obits in that pool seem to come without problem. See my own hit of the Japanese punk guy...name already forgotten.

Tosi was the first Costume Designer to win an  Honorary Oscar,he shouldn't have a problem getting obit write up's from english speaking outlets

39 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Tosi was the first Costume Designer to win an  Honorary Oscar,he shouldn't have a problem getting obit write up's from english speaking outlets

James Messenger was an Oscar winner who died a few years back and almost went obit-less.  

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

James Messenger was an Oscar winner who died a few years back and almost went obit-less.  

He didn’t win an honorary Oscar though. Which is very different than just the Oscar. 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

He didn’t win an honorary Oscar though. Which is very different than just the Oscar. 

You're making my point for me.

99.9% of Oscar winners more than 2 people have heard of get the QO.

We'll see how far the well goes when Stacy Title (nominee, Wiki) dies...

47 minutes ago, msc said:

99.9% of Oscar winners more than 2 people have heard of get the QO.

We'll see how far the well goes when Stacy Title (nominee, Wiki) dies...

Will her pallbearers be ‘Title holders’ ?

I’ll get me coat....

• Haha 2

Second place now! A daily double would be great... never had one.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, drol said:

Even if you don’t get a daily double, you have the youngest hit now...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Even if you don’t get a daily double, you have the youngest hit now...

And the oldest with the Swami. Unfortunately that does not count.

3 hours ago, drol said:

Ten years ago, I missed out on a AODP daily treble bonus by a few hours.  At the time it had never been done, although someone might have managed it since.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?hl=en#!searchin/alt.obituaries/Ddt/alt.obituaries/dPCtaBts5J4

I must put a team in for 2020.  When I first entered the only Deathlisters on board were Deadsox and Drunkasaskunk!

It’s weird re daily doubles for me. I lost a daily double due to one of my picks being rejected, but did end up getting a daily double by one of my replacement names. (I was also one day away from a daily double in 2018 with Hugh Masekela and Mark E Smith). It’s a weird world to be in. 

38 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Ten years ago, I missed out on a AODP daily treble bonus by a few hours.  At the time it had never been done, although someone might have managed it since.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?hl=en#!searchin/alt.obituaries/Ddt/alt.obituaries/dPCtaBts5J4

I must put a team in for 2020.  When I first entered the only Deathlisters on board were Deadsox and Drunkasaskunk!

Nobody has ever hit the Daily Treble.  I'm aware of two close calls. One was about a decade ago and involved three deaths that happened on the same day, EDT.  However, because deaths are determined by local time, one of them was deemed to have occurred on the subsequent day.  The second was me, in 2016. On the afternoon of March 2 (EST) the deaths of both Martin Crowe & Sarah Tait came over the wire.  Given both died in Oceania, the official death date was March 3rd.  Joey Feek was in a coma by that time.  She had 24 hours to go on March 3rd but ended up surviving until the morning/early afternoon of March 4th.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alt obits guy said:

Nobody has ever hit the Daily Treble.  I'm aware of two close calls. One was about a decade ago and involved three deaths that happened on the same day, EDT.  However, because deaths are determined by local time, one of them was deemed to have occurred on the subsequent day.  The second was me, in 2016. On the afternoon of March 2 (EST) the deaths of both Martin Crowe & Sarah Tait came over the wire.  Given both died in Oceania, the official death date was March 3rd.  Joey Feek was in a coma by that time.  She had 24 hours to go on March 3rd but ended up surviving until the morning/early afternoon of March 4th.

Didn’t you also have a close call last year with the German actress, the Foghat bassist, and Liam Miller?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Didn’t you also have a close call last year with the German actress, the Foghat bassist, and Liam Miller?

Yes, that's right.  And I think I mentioned it here at the time, too.  Craig MacGregor and Liam Miller went on the same day (February 9th).  The following day I found out Marie Gruber had died on February 8th.  Yes, two close calls for trebles for me, three overall. 

Would've been funny if the AODP ran in 2002 and half of the casual players ended up getting a daily treble.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drol said:

As noted elsewhere, you also now have the youngest hit in the pool.  Significant because it takes out what could have been the  Fernando Ricksen factor.  On presumption he's going sometime this year, he'd have eclipsed Sprent Dabwibo for the youngest hit.  With Nadia Toffa as a hit, the bar has been raised (or lowered, depending on your viewpoint).

I have 2 younger names on my list than Ricksen, but both of them are older than Toffa, which means I’m mathematically eliminated from getting the youngest hit of the year. If only Fatima Ali was accepted...

Well, since we're (sort of) showing our hands, I can tell you I have three picks younger than Toffa, though one would surpass her in mid-September 2019 if they live (highly likely).  A long shot, very long shot and an all-but-guaranteed survivor. The big loser (so to speak) is Cancerous Hatred, who had Dabwido and had me by a couple of points if you factor in the youngest death in your current calculations (prior to Toffa's death). 

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 22:26, CaptainChorizo said:

Death In Venice always guaranteed Tosi an Obit: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2019/08/14/piero-tosi-italian-costume-designer-brought-history-back-life/

Don’t think it’s really a surprise by anyone, but I had Kathleen Blanco on my list. She was also a carry over for me from 2018.

43 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Don’t think it’s really a surprise by anyone, but I had Kathleen Blanco on my list. She was also a carry over for me from 2018.

Quite a few of the people who made their lists public had her.  Since she was a DDP pick for me, no surprise I also had her here. 

A whopping 23 teams picked Blanco in Alt Obits!