msc

Alt Obituaries Deadpool

A shake up just occurred in Alt Obits. I had Fred Rister, and I’m now apparently in the lead in Alt Obits, though I may still very well lose if no one else dies and Toffa stays the youngest hit of the year...

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

A shake up just occurred in Alt Obits. I had Fred Rister, and I’m now apparently in the lead in Alt Obits, though I may still very well lose if no one else dies and Toffa stays the youngest hit of the year...

Impressive!  A name that wasn't on my radar (since I'd never heard of him).  You are ahead by a single point, with a tie for second place. 

Anyone ‘leading’ not named Sir Creep is a fraud.

I’ve no idea what this pool rewards but locating dead people ain’t it.  Won’t be playing this garbage DP again.  I’ll retire with most hits by at least 2, yet outside top 10 lmao.  Absurd.

SirC

here, if you want to see what seven frauds looks like:  http://www.aodeadpool.org/standings.html

Just now, Sir Creep said:

I’ve no idea what this pool rewards but locating dead people ain’t it.  Won’t be playing this garbage DP again.  I’ll retire with most hits by at least 2, yet outside top 10 lmao.  Absurd.

SirC

here, if you want to see what seven frauds looks like:  http://www.aodeadpool.org/standings.html

Dude, here’s a solution: don’t pick old people. We’re not leading cause we’re frauds, we’re leading cause we actually read the fucking rules. A 90 year old is two points. A 60 year old is 11 points. Maybe that’ll explain why you’re not winning despite having the most hits. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

SirC

John Paul Stevens, 99

Dave Bartholomew, 100

Herman Wouk, 103

Carol Channing, 97

Not including bonuses, 4 of your hits combined get you 6 points.

Read the rules like the rest of us. 

• Like 1

A 90 something who is a lock to go and is obscure enough to be a unique or duet is still a good value pick

Ie 40 hits worth 5 would be 200 point in the standings before any possible bonus. That said it's more then likely a JPS or Carol Channing level fame person will have been picked by multiple teams in a given year.

Also, you’re far from the first team to have the most hits and not be in the lead. As an example, here’s the results from the top 5 in 2017 by hits. 

1. 20

2. 18

3. 16

4. 17

5. 23 

If you had a look at the 5th place team, 12 out of his 23 hits were over 80. Going the old person route isn’t going to work. 

@Sir Creep, msc thought you’d be really good at Alt Obits because of your eclectic picking of people in Alt Obits, and apart from Vinny Vella and a few of your rejected names you appeared to have fallen into two camps of picks: canon names (which are fine as most contenders picked them), and older people. It’s the latter that’s holding you back, and had you replaced them with, say, Fred Rister (who’s on your DDP team) or some of your more obscure eclectic names that get through, I promise you that you’d be doing much better in this dead pool. 

I think I should be back in the lead again soon, as I had Jeff Blackshear on my team, and I didn’t see his name on Cancerous Hatred’s team. Should be an interesting time ahead.

Ten people with at least 100 points, 11 with at lest ten hits.  Should be a competitive final one-third of the year.

• Like 1

Ooh. One of the less competitive Alt Obits teams had Chris Duncan on their squad, and while at first glance this seems like nothing, it’s actually quite important because drol now loses his youngest hit of the year. 

41 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Ooh. One of the less competitive Alt Obits teams had Chris Duncan on their squad, and while at first glance this seems like nothing, it’s actually quite important because drol now loses his youngest hit of the year. 

:biggrin: 5 teams moved up a spot in the standings without having a single hit

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, that negates the pick I had who was about to surpass Nadia Toffa in age, anyway.  Still with two names younger than Duncan...who I did have in the 2013 AO Deadpool.  Along with Robert Mugabe and Valerie Harper, that's three hits in the last week from lists past.

To the surprise of no one, I had Fernando Ricksen on my alt Obits team. How, he probably on all the main contending teams, and as such he will probably affect the standings very little if at all

6 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

To the surprise of no one, I had Fernando Ricksen on my alt Obits team. How, he probably on all the main contending teams, and as such he will probably affect the standings very little if at all

Confirmed (as you probably know).  He was picked by 22 teams, including everyone who was in the top 10.

For those wondering, Jose Jose was the first name that I dropped from my 2018 squad to die (technically Stefan Lewis was, but it was a mistake that he even got through). His health update just seemed so all over the place I didn’t know what to believe. However, these things happen...

Though I missed out on Jimmy Spicer  - 7th original AO Deadpool rejected pick to die, 8th overall (one sub pick also rejected & now dead) - I do get a hit with Jose Jose.  He was an addition to my list this year.   He was a substitute pick in the DDP, so no points for me there.  This has shaken up the top 10.  Joey Russ still leads, Captain Chorizo 2019 and I move into second, maintaining our tie.  

For those wondering about the situation with Bracknell in Alt obits, they’re still waiting for a date of death for her before they can score points as it may affect any potential bonus points people could receive due to other hits. So, who knows what will happen at this point...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

For those wondering about the situation with Bracknell in Alt obits, they’re still waiting for a date of death for her before they can score points as it may affect any potential bonus points people could receive due to other hits. So, who knows what will happen at this point...

I'm gonna make a guess that she died on the 16th of September. It would make sense for someone her age with her disease and status that she would have some clause in her will to delay the announcement of her death to allow her family and close ones to grieve. Anywhere from 10th to 16th for caution.

And they put Mary Carlisle's photo instead of Julie Gibson's, as it happened with Le Duc Anh. But I'm not gonna write an email, that's futile due to typical Murican arrogance.

• Like 1

As many of us wait for points from the Leah Bracknell hit, we have a shakeup at the top of the pool.  Not sure how many people are affected, but I'm one of them.  I had Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi.  I've had him since 2017.  I suspect Deceased Hose also scores a hit, given we both picked him for the DDP.  Finally, though not near the top of the standings, I can almost guarantee Lurker3791 had him, as he/she only plays despots & terrorists. 

It's quite a sod's law for me, as I very rarely drop living people from my AODP squad, but for this year I did that with two - Superstar Billy Graham, and... Baghdadi.

Though if it was me dropping Baghdadi that jinxed him to die, I can't say I'm particularly bothered!

Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi hit confirmed.  Five people had him: Deceased Hose, Lurker3791, Go the Distance, Monarc and me. 

So about those Bracknell points...

image.jpeg.a0bcabfa234f7e69ffcac46f511056c9.jpeg

On 08/11/2019 at 22:21, Banana said:

So about those Bracknell points...

image.jpeg.a0bcabfa234f7e69ffcac46f511056c9.jpeg

Wikipedia now has her at sept 16. If true would only potentially give 1 person (WEP)a daily double. Hopefully if her date of death is not officialized they just give all the Bracknell points anyway and just have it  as September ? with no bonus.

• Like 1