msc

Alt Obituaries Deadpool

3 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Wouldn't worry about it, I see welt.de carried the obit.  I supposed Hulka could be sick.  No updates since the January 12th hit and we never did get a general e-mail announcing the official 2019 results, including the youngest hit of the year. 

The public Facebook was updated six days ago.

"The 2019 AO Deadpool is now over, with 151 hits underfoot. For the second year in a row, Allen Kirshner won first place, with 194 points and 15 hits. Captain Chorizo 2019 and Joey Russ came in a close second and third, with 179 and 178 points, respectively. Of the pool's 73 players, 71 finished with hits. TGV picked up an extra 25 year-end points for the youngest hit of the year (Chris Duncan). Thanks to all who played, and special thanks, once again, to Ed Varner for all of his hard work on the cards for the website."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Wouldn't worry about it, I see welt.de carried the obit.  I supposed Hulka could be sick.  No updates since the January 12th hit and we never did get a general e-mail announcing the official 2019 results, including the youngest hit of the year. 

The only reason I'm curious is because he posted in the private FB group yesterday.

9 minutes ago, msc said:

The public Facebook was updated six days ago.

"The 2019 AO Deadpool is now over, with 151 hits underfoot. For the second year in a row, Allen Kirshner won first place, with 194 points and 15 hits. Captain Chorizo 2019 and Joey Russ came in a close second and third, with 179 and 178 points, respectively. Of the pool's 73 players, 71 finished with hits. TGV picked up an extra 25 year-end points for the youngest hit of the year (Chris Duncan). Thanks to all who played, and special thanks, once again, to Ed Varner for all of his hard work on the cards for the website."

Thanks.  I don't visit the Facebook page, I just stick with the website and e-mail updates.

5 minutes ago, Banana said:

The only reason I'm curious is because he posted in the private FB group yesterday.

If it helps, I believe he lives on the west coast.  Updates can seem later for anyone who lives in the Eastern time zone (like me), let alone the UK. 

Now to see if he’s taking a bit of a break or not. I had Terry Jones on my Alt Obits team. If his points come out today, then we should ask when that German actor gets a QO (who I didn’t have). 

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Now to see if he’s taking a bit of a break or not. I had Terry Jones on my Alt Obits team. If his points come out today, then we should ask when that German actor gets a QO (who I didn’t have). 

So I got the email for the Jones hit, it said he might not be able to update the site until the weekend. So that might explain why no update for the German actor happened yet. It may have the actor hit in another email though. 

7 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

So I got the email for the Jones hit, it said he might not be able to update the site until the weekend. So that might explain why no update for the German actor happened yet. It may have the actor hit in another email though. 

yea Hannesschläger hit was just sent out as well. 

Leading the Alt Obits for the first time ever, thanks to a solo pick in the late Robbie Rensenbrink.

Only my 2nd solo in 4 years of the game, actually.

Although dropping Elizabeth Wurtzel from my 2019 squad was a bit of a faux pas.

Took nearly a month, but I'm finally on the board.  I'm among those who had Chris Doleman.  No bonus points as more than three people picked him.

10 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Took nearly a month, but I'm finally on the board.  I'm among those who had Chris Doleman.  No bonus points as more than three people picked him.

I had him too. Hey, got to keep that 37 point gap between Pan Breed and AO Guy while it lasts because it can disappear very quickly in Alt Obits! :D

• Haha 1

No surprise that I have him too. What is surprising though is that Gerard Tierney didn’t have him...

• Like 1

It's a reboot of my Chris Doleman post.  I'm among those who had John Andretti.  No bonus points as more than three people picked him.

I had Andretti on for the past 3 years, and yeah, wasn’t expecting any bonus points either.

9 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

It's a reboot of my Chris Doleman post.  I'm among those who had John Andretti.  No bonus points as more than three people picked him.

I picked Andretti in this at least!

It's like having a chasing pack of demonic hounds at your heels, leading this thing!

(In Casey Kasem American Top 40 voice) And the hits just keep on coming.  I had Lucien Barbarin in the pool.  I submitted an obit from the New Orleans ABC affiliate, which should suffice.  Daily Double for all who had John Andretti and he, as his date of death appears to be today.

Just now, alt obits guy said:

(In Casey Kasem American Top 40 voice) And the hits just keep on coming.  I had Lucien Barbarin in the pool.  I submitted an obit from the New Orleans ABC affiliate, which should suffice.  Daily Double for all who had John Andretti and he.

Can confirm I also had him on my team. 

And there goes the lead! Nice while it lasted.

Well that’s a first. I actually share a duet with Allen Kirshner. :o 

• Like 1

Not much in the way of points, but I had Henry Gray.  I see at least one other person had him, probably more.  Several network affiliates have picked up the obituary, waiting to see if a national one does.

Hm, is it possible that Henry Gray goes without a QO source. I didn’t have him on my team, but I’m trying to look for potential scoring QOs for him. Nothing seems to be out there, not even something from NOLA which scored for Lucien Barbarin...

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 18:24, JiroemonKimura said:

Rejected picks:

Derek Aucoin

Ed Genson

Christopher Guy Harrison

Lee Noble

Rod Nordland

Belinda Sykes

Gary Talbot

Rejected replacement:

Michael Falzon

Cancerous Hatred's 2020 Deadpool List

1. André, François (French politician, member of the National Assembly)

2. Andretti, John (American auto racer)

3. Atkins, Ronnie (Pretty Maids singer)

4. Avramovic, Radojko (Serbian football manager)

5. Banali, Frankie (American rock drummer)

6. Carr, Jim (Canadian MP and former trade minister)

7. Covas, Bruno (Mayor of Sao Paulo)

8. Doleman, Chris(NFL Vikings player)

9. Dureau, Scott (Australian rugby league player)

10. Dybkjaer, Lone (Danish politician, former environment minister and MEP)

11. Dyble, Judy (British singer-songwriter)

12. Fosko, Bob (Dutch musician)

13. Frez, Patricio (Chilean radio announcer and presenter)

14. Gauthier, Michel (Former Canadian opposition leader)

15. Genecand, Benoit (Swiss politician, member of the national council)

16. Gibson, Bob (MLB Cardinals player)

17. Gulpilil, David (Aboriginal Australian traditional dancer and actor)

18. Hannesschlager, Joseph (German musician)

19. Hastings, Alcee (Representative from Florida)

20. Hawerchuk, Dale (Canadian ice hockey HOF-er)

21. Hogh, Lars (Danish footballer, competed in 1986 World Cup) 

22. Klyuyev, Boris (Soviet-Russian film actor, People's Artist of Russia)

23. Kulkov, Vasili (Russian footballer)

24. Lloyd, Sam (American actor)

25. Matteo, Dominic (Scottish footballer)

26. Mihajlovic, Sinisa (Serbian footballer and manager)

27. Miron, Leonard (Romanian TV presenter)

28. P-Orridge, Genesis (English singer-songwriter and artist)

29. Raudonikis, Tommy (Australian rugby league player)

30. Robertson, Gavin (Australian cricketer)

31. Scruton, Sir Roger (English philosopher and writer)

32. Smith, Tom (Scotland and Lions rugby player, born 1971)

33. Spinks, Leon (American boxer)

34. Supernaw, Doug (American country musician)

35. Tapie, Bernard (French businessman and politician)

36. Trebek, Alex (Jeopardy host)

37. Vazquez, Tabare (President of Uruguay)

38. Vialli, Gianluca (Italian footballer and manager)
39. Yakovleva, Aleksandra (Russian actress and businesswoman)

40. Yoo Sang-chul (South Korean FIFA World Cup 2002 midfielder)

Dutch musician Bob Fosko reportedly dead. Unfortunately, I can't get the link to translate to English. https://www.volkskrant.nl/cultuur-media/acteur-muzikant-bob-fosko-op-64-jarige-leeftijd-overleden~b413db58/

• Thanks 1

"overleden" = passed away

I gotta' say, I'm in awe of the names people pick.  I've never heard of 80% of these people. 

Genesis P-Orridge a hit for the top 12 AO Deadpool scorers so far in 2020. No change in the standings, barring daily doubles.  

P-Orridge I had on my team since 2019, and is the second successful carry over from last years list after Andretti...