msc

Alt Obituaries Deadpool

13 hours ago, msc said:

I think Klein and Fox are better, Holmlund is a long term case, MacPhail/James/Lotz still ill iirc...

She finished treatment late last year and there's been no update on the cancer front since then tmk, so I assume she's healthy.

• Thanks 1

I think Marcela Bovio recovered - certainly the treatment was successful (for now). I read about it a couple of months ago and she's back on tour. 

Pat Smullen is a hit for me, and I imagine others picked him as well. 

32 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Pat Smullen is a hit for me, and I imagine others picked him as well. 

I had him as well, as did several others who posted their lists. Also a DDP hit. And kudos to whomever noticed he had stop sending original tweets, after having previously been a regular Twitter user.  Once again, it foreshadows a death.

On 21/08/2020 at 23:43, WEP said:

It's a bit creepy to be the only person in the top fifteen with a one-digit number of hits.

:unsure::(

Lee Kerslake makes me a 99-point-scorer. (Except he is a trio or better - which is very unlikely:nod:)

Give me a frail centenarian more to have at least 100 points. (Says the guy who did not go for Kirk, Vera or Olivia.:scratchhead:)

What a slow year.:wheelchair:

I also had Lee Kerslake on me. Unsurprisingly, no bonus points. I do believe with his death however I surpass the winning score of 2019...

Pat Smullen, RBG, Kerslake...the Speed is picking up, but daily doubles are missed in each case.

Last year’s winning score was 194. With Kerslake’s death I’m at 198, so regardless of whether Cisovsky stays the youngest hit or not at least one person will be above last year’s winning score. And looking at my living 25 on my team, I think that Kerslake probably isn’t going to be my last hit this year. One thing for certain, regardless of where I place in the end this was definitely my best Alt Obits team to date...

• Like 1

On 19/09/2020 at 14:39, WEP said:

Lee Kerslake makes me a 99-point-scorer. (Except he is a trio or better - which is very unlikely:nod:)

Give me a frail centenarian more to have at least 100 points. (Says the guy who did not go for Kirk, Vera or Olivia.:scratchhead:)

What a slow year.:wheelchair:

At least, Ashkin counts!

Nearly 10 months for a three digit score of points.:facepalm:

With Whitey Ford, Alt Obits has now tied the all time hits record from 2016.

14 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

With Whitey Ford, Alt Obits has now tied the all time hits record from 2016.

And that record has now been broken, as well as the 200 points barrier. I say this because I had Vasili Kulkov. He won’t have any bonus points though as I already know more than three teams who picked him...

For those wondering, I did have Dr Bruce Reid on my alt obits team. One of the ones I was able to sneak in as a replacement. Won’t be a solo though, as I know of one other team who has him. Maybe a duet or trio if lucky? 

No hits for me but one of my 2016 rejected picks from that year's original list (Ray Blacklock) has now died.

So we won't be given points for Tracy Smothers? He obtained lot of obits...

Has he received any non wrestling obits that might count? I’m not seeing anything so far, though maybe I’m missing something...

Metro is not a wrestling site to my knowledge. 

Isn’t that site a bit more of a clickbaity site anyways? I know they do exclude the Daily Mail as an obit requirement, so I imagine Metro wouldn’t count. I’m trying to think in terms of what has been counted in the past for an obit. Gonna see if there are any local obits that might count...

Tried sending in Newsweek, and he doesn’t count it as reputable anymore. So we got to keep digging...

Not a hit to report, but I did have Nobby Stiles in 2018 and 2019 for Alt Obits, but dropped him this time due to abundance of names. Well, it was bound to happen at some point...

Quite a few hits for me lately, but without a daily double I can not fight for the title.