msc

Alt Obituaries Deadpool

Not here to report a hit, but ATM Shamsuzzaman was a pick for me last year that I ended up dropping this time

38 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Not here to report a hit, but ATM Shamsuzzaman was a pick for me last year that I ended up dropping this time

ATM Machine is a duo for me and La Faucheuse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, msc said:

ATM Machine is a duo for me and La Faucheuse.

Glad I took it this year, I’m less successful than last year... 

Lars-Goran Petrov is a hit for me. I've sent in the NME (New Music Express) obit, which should be sufficient. At least two other people had him, maybe more.

Luis Palau is a hit for me.  I've sent in a Toronto Star obituary.

Edit: He's a solo.

23 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Luis Palau is a hit for me.  I've sent in a Toronto Star obituary.

Edit: He's a solo.

Was going to correct you, only to double check and find I dropped him for 2021 after having him on my 2019 and 2020 teams. :banghead:

• Facepalm 1

Bobby Schmautz is probably my sneakiest pick in any deadpool to this point. Was watching playoff hockey and they mentioned that he had pancan during an intermission/stoppage, didn't seem to be any mention of it anywhere else.

Now up to 13 hits a quarter of the way into the year.

aaaaaaaand it's a birthday hit

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Banana said:

Bobby Schmautz is probably my sneakiest pick in any deadpool to this point. Was watching playoff hockey and they mentioned that he had pancan during an intermission/stoppage, didn't seem to be any mention of it anywhere else.

Now up to 13 hits a quarter of the way into the year.

aaaaaaaand it's a birthday hit

Very nice performance. Anybody who wants to catch you will need at least a(nother) daily double I think.

On 30/03/2021 at 04:33, gcreptile said:

Very nice performance. Anybody who wants to catch you will need at least a(nother) daily double I think.

Maybe 2 :D

What is this death pool's USP? Why are you guys competing in it? Isn't the millions of pools yall already enter every year to satisfy your disturbing affinity for successful public figures' misery enough? Why is Alt in the name? Does the Alt Right run it or what? Isn't it dictatorial that the host can disallow picks just like that? Why is the website so amateurish, like it was created on a 10 pence budget? Does the rewarding of picking children at 25 points mean that everyone who participates in the pool is objectively morally corrupt, regardless of whether they pick a child or not?

3 hours ago, Predictor said:

What is this death pool's USP? Why are you guys competing in it? Isn't the millions of pools yall already enter every year to satisfy your disturbing affinity for successful public figures' misery enough? Why is Alt in the name? Does the Alt Right run it or what? Isn't it dictatorial that the host can disallow picks just like that? Why is the website so amateurish, like it was created on a 10 pence budget? Does the rewarding of picking children at 25 points mean that everyone who participates in the pool is objectively morally corrupt, regardless of whether they pick a child or not?

In order:

It's old. And has some cool bonuses.

Because it's there.

Clearly not.

Because it was started on the Alternative Obits Google group an ice age ago.

Yes, clearly, DDT and Joey are well known right wingers.

Entirely so, but then, so can most of the deadpool hosts on here. I've blocked picks just like that.

Because it was, possibly.

Dunno. Does playing a decade in the DDP when it allowed 18 year old sob stories with cancer make anyone who played it morally corrupt, regardless of whether they picked one or not? 

1 hour ago, msc said:

In order:

Because it's there.

Clearly not.

Entirely so, but then, so can most of the deadpool hosts on here. I've blocked picks just like that.

Dunno. Does playing a decade in the DDP when it allowed 18 year old sob stories with cancer make anyone who played it morally corrupt, regardless of whether they picked one or not? 

Wow, msc, you got an answer for everything, don't you?

Great brain!

Can I ask you something?

Who do you think killed Kennedy?

It's a mystery...

Surely you know the right information...

Help me. ;)

• Like 1

Just now, MariNisia said:

Great brain!

Can I ask you something?

It's a mystery...

Help me. ;)

I have a lot of suspects on you, mr. Valjean.

2 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

Great brain!

Can I ask you something?

It's a mystery...

Help me. ;)

Well, you know, Jim Marrs wrote a book on this, the Kennedy conspiracy, and he claimed that those behind it had killed dozens of people to keep the secret, from Hollywood to mafia dons and Popes. And you think, this conspiracy can kill off gangsters, Popes and Presidents, but somehow one crank writer is allowed to stay alive for 40+ years and expose it! :lol:

(The question is never Who killed Kennedy - Oswald did. It's "why did he do it" and we'll never know for sure because that mob connected guy mysteriously killed Oswald within 24 hours...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

In order:

Because it's there.

Clearly not.

Fair enough. :D

I’m in second place now after Yoo Sang-chul’s death. Only a mere 56 points behind Banana. Yep, the comeback is totally not coming...

• Like 3

On 02/01/2021 at 00:35, alt obits guy said:

You got Dingko Singh through. He was rejected a couple of years ago. Noted, in case he makes it to 2022. 

Dingko Singh has died at 42:

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/boxing/former-india-boxer-dingko-singh-passes-away-aged-42/article34775101.ece

Landed a  daily Double with Sir Michael Cullen/Bill Freehan combo(assume some others did as well)

And still time in the day for  someone else to land the rare trifecta

Great hit, congrats. 

As an American, I'd never heard of her until this year and was hoping she could hang on to join my 2022 list.  Having said that, breast cancer sucks, and I'm glad she's out of her pain now.

• Like 1

Business appears to be picking up for me. Among the octet who had Greg Gilbert. I also had Bernard Tapie, who won't generate bonus points. Still, it will be interesting to see who had him.

We now have the dubious distinction of surpassing last year strikeout total (50 vs 49)  with roughly 80 days to go.

• Like 1

Although it's becoming more and more of a long shot to win in 2021, I'm not yet done. I had Franck Olivier, the Belgian singer who now becomes part of the 'Curse of the Eurovision' (which is also where an obit link can be found). He was a solo, worth 13 points (8+5).