Zsa Zsa's leg

Walter Mondale

12 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

So who is left from the Carter administration, besides the man himself?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_living_former_members_of_the_United_States_Cabinet

Michael Blumenthal - Secretary of the Treasury - January 23, 1977 – August 4, 1979 - January 3, 1926 - 95 years, 101 days

Joseph Califano - Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare - January 25, 1977 – August 3, 1979 - May 15, 1931 - 89 years, 334 days

Benjamin Civiletti - Attorney General - August 16, 1979 – January 19, 1981 - July 17, 1935 - 85 years, 271 days

Charles Duncan - Secretary of Energy - August 24, 1979 – January 20, 1981 - September 9, 1926 - 94 years, 217 days

Neil Goldschmidt - Secretary of Transportation - August 15, 1979 – January 20, 1981 - June 16, 1940 - 80 years, 302 days

Moon Landrieu - Secretary of Housing and Urban Development - September 24, 1979 – January 20, 1981 - July 23, 1930 - 90 years, 265 days

Ray Marshall - Secretary of Labor - January 27, 1977 – January 20, 1981 - August 22, 1928 - 92 years, 235 days

Edit: Why doesn't the forum allow me to paste the whole bracket in one format?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

W. Michael Blumenthal (secretary of the treasury)

Benjamin Civiletti (Attorney General)
Ray Marshall (Secretary of labor)

Joseph A. Califano Jr. (secretary of health)
Moon Landrieu (secretary of housing & urban development)
Neil Goldschmidt (secretary of transportation)

James T. McIntyre (director of the Office of Management and Budget)
Charles Duncan Jr. (secretary of energy)

15 minutes ago, Ceatach said:

W. Michael Blumenthal (secretary of the treasury)

Benjamin Civiletti (Attorney General)
Ray Marshall (Secretary of labor)

Joseph A. Califano Jr. (secretary of health)
Moon Landrieu (secretary of housing & urban development)
Neil Goldschmidt (secretary of transportation)

James T. McIntyre (director of the Office of Management and Budget)
Charles Duncan Jr. (secretary of energy)

McIntyre was not a member of the Cabinet, but he was a "Cabinet level" official (as if U.S. politics isn't complicated enough).

There are two other "Cabinet level" officials from the Carter era still alive:

Andrew Young (wiki, b. 1932) Ambassador to the U.N... probably better known for his civil rights work
Donald McHenry (wiki, b. 1936) Also Ambassador to the U.N.

1 hour ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Four Carter administration Cabinet members are still alive:

W. Michael Blumenthal - United States Secretary of the Treasury (1977-79)  (Born January 3, 1926)

Ray Marshall - United States Secretary of Labor (1977-1981) (Born August 22, 1928)

Joseph A. Calfano jr. - United States Secretary of Health and Human Services (1977-79) (Born May 15, 1931)

Andrew Young - United States Ambassador to the United Nations (1977- 79) (Born March 12, 1932)

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Died without a single interesting, amusing or informative post in his thread, including this one. Dickie O, or rockabilly, he was not - just a boring old man whose sole purpose in life was to provide the 8th hit of AD 2021.

He was well loved in the state of Minnesota. He did more than just provide Deathlist with another hit. He was a good man who only wanted to make this world better. He devoted his whole life to it. We were on opposite sides of the belief system, but he only wanted what he thought was the best. RIP Mr. Vice President.

7 minutes ago, Elvis is alive! said:

He was well loved in the state of Minnesota. He did more than just provide Deathlist with another hit. He was a good man who only wanted to make this world better. He devoted his whole life to it. We were on opposite sides of the belief system, but he only wanted what he thought was the best. RIP Mr. Vice President.

I did not know he was from Minnesota. The one state no Brit ever goes to, statistically proven fact.

I guess his epitaph will be

"Uh huh, sure okay then, you betcha".

4 minutes ago, MoneySavingExpt said:

I did not know he was from Minnesota. The one state no Brit ever goes to, statistically proven fact.

Tell @Phantom that.

3 minutes ago, MoneySavingExpt said:

I’ve been there. Twice. And doesn’t transplanted Phantom live there?

Go Packers!

1 minute ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I'm sorry. See the section on my website about how to get refunds when your plane lands  in the wrong place.

1 minute ago, MoneySavingExpt said:

I'm sorry. See the section on my website about how to get refunds when your plane lands  in the wrong place.

Neither time was a plane involved, Mr Lewis - midwestern road trips involving NFL games.

1 minute ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Neither time was a plane involved, Mr Lewis - midwestern road trips involving NFL games.

When I was in university I did some mad things while drunk but never watch an Americal football game.

33 minutes ago, Toast said:

Tell @Phantom that.

I've lived in MInnesota for 17 years. I know at least 4 other Brits that have set up home here. One used to live 2 streets away from me in South London. I used to deliver his newspapers when I was a kid. . 

35 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Go Packers!

ummm you probably don't want to say  that too loudly here ;) that, and "Go Badgers!" 

12 minutes ago, Phantom said:

ummm you probably don't want to say  that too loudly here ;) that, and "Go Badgers!" 

I lived in Madison and Milwaukee so I'm well aware of the rivalry and the Paul Bunyan axe, usually owned by Bucky. The second time I was in Minneapolis was driving through the night after a MNF game in Lambeau.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I've lived in MInnesota for 17 years. I know at least 4 other Brits that have set up home here. One used to live 2 streets away from me in South London. I used to deliver his newspapers when I was a kid. . 

4 people.

That's whats called statistically insignificant. Just like the number of times I went on Breakfast and *DIDN'T* have it off with Naga in the green room.

1 minute ago, MoneySavingExpt said:

4 people.

That's whats called statistically insignificant. Just like the number of times I went on Breakfast and *DIDN'T* have it off with Naga in the green room.

I have no idea who Naga is. 

2 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I have no idea who Naga is. 

I think it's an exceedingly hot chilli from Dorset.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

I think it's an exceedingly hot chilli from Dorset.

If it's from Dorset, then it's probably as spicy as mayonnaise 

5 hours ago, msc said:

One of those out of the blue old folk dying in their sleep ones, I see.

Looks like the timing was both quick and completely expected, if that makes sense. According to the Axios article, he spent the weekend calling Carter, Biden, Harris, etc. to say goodbye, and wrote a message to his former staffers to be sent after his death. I think the suggestion earlier in the thread from @arghton that it might have been cancer sounds like it matches this.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, JustPassingThrough said:

Looks like the timing was both quick and completely expected, if that makes sense. According to the Axios article, he spent the weekend calling Carter, Biden, Harris, etc. to say goodbye, and wrote a message to his former staffers to be sent after his death. I think the suggestion earlier in the thread from @arghton that it might have been cancer sounds like it matches this.

The message is here.

EzYcOzOWEAQlY5J.png

• Like 1

I had honestly forgotten he was on the List.

Which pretty much describes the life of Walter Mondale.

SC

• Like 1

On 31/01/2021 at 01:49, Jasper de Havilland said:

He’ll live.

Unlike fine wine, this doesn’t aged very well

"I always knew it would be okay if I arrived some place and was greeted by one of you" - a bit sinister under the circumstances...

On 20/04/2021 at 07:31, MoneySavingExpt said:

Why would you insult people like that? It seems you do not like a place that you have no intention of, nor have in the past visited?  You might want to investigate or experience something that you say you dislike, before passing judgement.

On 20/04/2021 at 16:50, Sir Creep said:

I had honestly forgotten he was on the List.

Which pretty much describes the life of Walter Mondale.

SC

The Democrats' Bob Dole.