Sign in to follow this  
Joey Russ

The Joker's Dead Pool 2018

Could be time for an update given how much 'action' this pool has seen since the last one.

• Like 1

I apologize for a lack of an update. I have been busy for a lot of the past few weeks, and when I wasn’t busy I have been mentally exhausted. An update probably won’t come until at least Friday, but I think one can be done by the end of next week.

• Like 1

Yeah, I had Hawking here along with a few others.

Looking forward to the update,  but only when you feel up to it Joey.

If only there were a bonus for reading the obit on the 13th of March for a Joker who died on the 14th -- New World Problems.

On 3/12/2018 at 16:09, Joey Russ said:

I apologize for a lack of an update. I have been busy for a lot of the past few weeks, and when I wasn’t busy I have been mentally exhausted. An update probably won’t come until at least Friday, but I think one can be done by the end of next week.

Ahem, so no update will be coming this week, as I think my own mental health is slowly declining and starting to get worse. I will definitely get a much needed increase in counseling to try to improve my health, but I am not sure when the next update is coming. I sincerely apologize for the lack of an update in recent weeks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Ahem, so no update will be coming this week, as I think my own mental health is slowly declining and starting to get worse. I will definitely get a much needed increase in counseling to try to improve my health, but I am not sure when the next update is coming. I sincerely apologize for the lack of an update in recent weeks.

It's alright Joey, mental health first over us.

14 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I hope your counselor doesn't tell you to stop deadpooling.  In all seriousness though, take it easy Joey.  Hope all is OK.

We are with ya JR, if you need to hand this over to someone, just ask.

Remember, at Deathlist, help will always be given to those who ask for it.*

*Albus Dumbledore, paraphrased.

Hey guys. It still may be a while before the next update for this comes up, but while I can't give scores yet, there is a way you can make this slightly easier for me. If one of you could keep track of the people who have died and received an obit, that would be hugely appreciated by me so it could make the task slightly easier when the next update finally comes...

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:56, Joey Russ said:

Hey guys. It still may be a while before the next update for this comes up, but while I can't give scores yet, there is a way you can make this slightly easier for me. If one of you could keep track of the people who have died and received an obit, that would be hugely appreciated by me so it could make the task slightly easier when the next update finally comes...

List of Dead Jokers (some such as Masekela died before the start):

Paul Alcock

Roger Bannister

Jim Bowen

Sara Chivers

Patrick Cryne

Ken Dodd

Ed Doolan

Rayya Elias

Nanette Fabray

Jessica Falkholt

Doug Ford

Dean Francis

Vanessa Goodwin

Rev Billy Graham

Stephen Hawking

Tessa Jowell

Ingvar Kamprad

Dorothy Malone

Jerry Maren

Hugh Masekela

Liam Miller

Patricia Morison

Catherine Nevin

Livia Rev

Mitzi Shore

Nabi Tajima

Morgan Tsvangirai

Clint Walker

Bobby Zarin

No longer updated from 6 June 2018.

Edited by YoungWillz
Withdrawn, no further interest in this
  • Like 2

Thanks for keeping track of the dead jokers. I don’t think I’ll be able to get an update done before June 1st truthfully, cause I’m focused on school and getting the scores for everyone takes a lot of time. There will be an update in the future, I promise. 

In bigger news, I am going to announce my intention to retire after the end of this year since I’m now going to run the Crowdsource List starting with the 2019 edition, along with the annual Advent Avalanche of course. I think those two are enough for me, and I don’t need to run a third one especially since I’m not doing a great job at keeping score. So, if anyone does want to take over starting 2019, they can either announce their intention here or PM me, but honestly, I think it might be better for it to slowly sink into the dead pool graveyard since it’s a lot of work...

Update for Jerry Maren.

8 hits, but no Jokers yet! :angry:

01. Ray Anthony

02. Diana Athill

03. David Attenborough

04. Benedict XVI.

05. Wolfgang Bosbach

06. Leah Bracknell (Joker)

07. George Bush Sr.  12.06.1924 - 30.11.2018   (Joker)

08. Earl Cameron

09. Matt Cappotelli   12.11.1979 - 29.06.2018

10. John Cocks

11. Doris Day

12. Kirk Douglas (Joker)

13. James C. Floyd

14. Dean Francis   23.01.1974 – 25.05.2018

15. Albert Frère   04.02.1926 - 03.12.2018

16. Jill Gascoine

17. Greg Gilbert

18. Vanessa Goodwin   22.04.1969 – 03.03.2018

19. Billy Graham   07.11.1918 – 21.02.2018

20. Valerie Harper

21. Olivia de Havilland

22. Thelma Houston

23. Jose Jose

24. Tessa Jowell   17.09.1947 – 12.05.2018

25. Elizabeth Kelly

26. Val Kilmer

27. Louise Latham   23.09.1922 – 12.02.2018

28. Devin Lima   18.03.1977 - 21.11.2018

29. Bill Macy

30. Jerry Maren   24.01.1920 – 24.05.2018

31. John McCain   29.08.1936 - 25.08.2018   (Joker)

32. Liam Miller   13.02.1981 – 09.02.2018

33. Joni Mitchell

34. Stirling Moss

35. Olivia Newton-John

36. Linda Nolan

37. Prince Philip

38. Rosamunde Pilcher

39. Charlotte Rae   22.04.1926 - 05.08.2018

40. Fernando Ricksen

41. Mitzi Shore 25.07.1930 – 11.04.2018

42. Stephen Sondheim

43. Nobby Stiles

44. Jerry Stiller

45. Stefan Karl Stefansson   10.07.1975 - 21.08.2018

46. Jean-Louis Trintignant

47. Marieke Vervoort (Joker)

48. Eileen Whelan

49. Herman Wouk

50. Franco Zeffirelli

Update 03.12.2018:

15/50 + 2 Jokers

See, Louise Latham didn't get a QO, afaik. So she doesn't count?

Right, so as you might have noticed, Joey's been a bit ill/busy to update the scoreboard. So, I asked for the secret bonus system and Joey kindly passed it on, so I could update the scores. Its not quite complete as I don't know the list of "secret numbers" so folk might be missing a bonus point here or there, but as it stands, the scoring preamble...

Satoru Anzaki , Barys Kit, Jens Skou, Louise Latham and Bill Crider died, no obit so far.

Fixed Buisness, Chorizo, Torva, Gooseberry, Dead Cow, Heef got 1 bonus point for Order. 2 points for CastAway

Morgan Tsvangirai gives 1 point to Bibliogrphyon, Dead Cow, Dath Impends, Drol, Fixed Business, Heef, RdGuy, Torva and YWillz

Nabi Tajima gives 1 point to Bibliogrhypon, CastAway, Dead Cow, Death Impends, Fixed Business and RadGuy, and 2 points to Chorizo.

Mitzi Shore gives 1 point to Book, Chorizo, Fixed Business, Gooseberry, and Toast.

Catherine Nevin. Oh dear oh dear. 1 point plus Drop 40 = 4 + 1 point for being on Spade’s 2017 team = 5  MINUS 3 points for being in Jail = 2. Ok, not as bad as I thought due to Drop 40 bonus.So 2 points for Cast Away, Dead Cow, Drol, Gooseberry, Joey, and msc  and 4 points for Torva, Pedro, Heef.

Liam Miller was in the Drop 40. 4 points for Book, Cast Away, Chorizo, Dead Cow, Drol, Death Impends, Heef, msc, Rad Guy, Toast, Torva, Unknown man

Jerry Maren produced 1 point for Bibliogrpyhon, Book, Chorizo, Dead Cow, Death Impends, Drol, Fixed Busines, Gooseberry and  YWillz

Tessa Jowell was in the Drop 40. 4 points to Bibliogryphon, Book, Chorizo, Dead Cow, Death Impends, Drol, Fixed Business, Heef, msc, Pedro, Torva and 8 points to Cast Away, Rad Guy, Toast and Unknown Man

Stephen Hawking was in the Drop 40. 4 points to CastAway, Fixed Business, Heef, Pedro, Torva and YWillz.

Rev Billy Graham was in the Drop 40. So that’s 4 points for Bibliogryphon, Book, CastAway, Chorizo, Dead Cow, Death Impends, Drol, heef, msc, Toast, Torva, Unknown Man, YWillz and 8 points for Pedro!

Vanessa Goodwin. 1 point for Book, Chorizo, Dead Cow, Drol, Heef, msc, RadGuy and Torva. 5 extra point for Drol and msc for getting the Double on Goodwin and Bannister in the same day.

Dean Francis made the Drop 40, so 4 points t Book, Choroizo, Dead Cow, Death Impends, Drol, Fixed Business, Msc, RadGuy, Toast and Torva.

Doug Ford was a unique joker on the DDP. So 4 points too Chorizo, Death Impends, Gooseberry, Joey Russ, msc and Torva.

Nanette Fabray died. She earned a bonus point for falling out of the limelight, last being active in public over 15 years ago. So that was 2 points for Death Impends, Drol, RadGuy, Torva, Toast and Unknown Man

Roger Bannister died. This gave points to Bibliogryphon, Death Impends, Drol, Gooseberry crumble, msc and Toast. 1 point to each.

Jim Bowen died. This gave points to Bibliogryphon and Joey Russ. 1 point to each.

Ken Dodd died. This gave points to Bibliogryphon, Captain Chorizo, Drol, Gooseberry, Heef and joker points for Torva. 1 point to every bar Torva who gets 2.

The June 6th Joker Pool Scoreboard

1.       Torva Messor 38

2.       Drol  35

3.       Msc 32

4.       Captain Chorizo 31

5.       The Dead Cow 30

6.       Toast 29

7.       CastAway 29

8.       Death Impends 27

9.       RadGuy 25

10.   Heef 25

11.   Pedro 23

12.   Book 22

13.   Fixed Business 19

14.   Unknown Man 19

15.   Bibliogryphon 15

16.   Gooseberry Crumble 14

17.   Young Willz 11

18.   Joey Russ 8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Hmm, looked at the rules and there's nothing about QOs. I thought previously it had been specified they had to get a DDP QO.

If that is not the case, my list of Jokers is worthless and I'll be deleting it.

On 03/02/2018 at 03:47, Joey Russ said:

If Barys Kit doesn’t get an obit, that’ll be 8 people who will have a lost obitter, despite how interesting he is...

Presumed that meant DDP  QO obit, YWillz? The fab 4 mentioned above (all more notable than you average cancer mum) have failed to get a DDP QO so no points? Otherwise I'm lost at your complaint.

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Presumed that meant DDP  QO obit, YWillz? The fab 4 mentioned above (all more notable than you average cancer mum) have failed to get a DDP QO so no points? Otherwise I'm lost at your complaint.

Dunno, I'm baffled.

At the point of perusal, nothing specified in the rules for this year's comp about QOs. I just assumed they had to get points on the DDP to qualify here. But there's nothing. So.....and therefore that means that Louise Latham has to be added to your list of lost?

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Dunno, I'm baffled.

At the point of perusal, nothing specified in the rules for this year's comp about QOs. I just assumed they had to get points on the DDP to qualify here. But there's nothing. So.....and therefore that means that Louise Latham has to be added to your list of lost?

Yes, but folk who don't get a DDP QO don't get points on the DDP, do they? Whereas the 16 who did, did. If Joey wants to say they do, I'll count them, but he was given non-DDP obits for Barys Kit and ignored them, so one is left to assume...

Louise Latham joins list of lost yes.

• Confused 1