Gooseberry Crumble

Jane Fonda - Controversial Princess of a Hollywood Dynasty

9 hours ago, dimreaper said:

https://www.insider.com/jane-fonda-says-robert-redford-has-an-issue-with-women-2023-5 Her sharing these details about another living high profile actor makes me wonder if her cancer has returned. Almost like she wants to get things off her chest and doesn't care if it burns bridges cause she knows she doesn't have much time left.

Why should it mean he "has an issue with women"?  Maybe he just didn't fancy her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Seen masked up in a wheelchair while travelling in an airport.

Frail Jane Fonda, 85, is seen in wheelchair at LAX | Daily Mail Online

Most articles labelling her as 'frail'. Draw your own conclusions.

That's an American thing. I've visited America a few times and I've been to American airports and they immediately offer a wheelchair to anyone to who looks elderly, even my grandparents who could walk easily. I have no clue why they do that. Most airports mandate wheelchairs for every single elderly person that walks by, even if they are healthy and able to walk.

7 minutes ago, When The said:

That's an American thing. I've visited America a few times and I've been to American airports and they immediately offer a wheelchair to anyone to who looks elderly, even my grandparents who could walk easily. I have no clue why they do that. Most airports mandate wheelchairs for every single elderly person that walks by, even if they are healthy and able to walk.

20 years ago when my grandpa visited my family was living in Massachusetts at the time, he refused hey wheelchair and while waiting for my parents to pick him up, ended up catching up to a news crew that was reporting on the local weather conditions. He turned what was supposed to be a 5-second soundbite into a 20 minute long interview which contained comments disparaging Boston sports teams, the airport, local transportation, what he perceived as rude Americans, and many more topics that allegedly made him a legend in that newsroom as we only found out years later. Apparently at least eight people wrote into the station saying they should have kept him on for longer than 20 minutes because he was more entertaining than the newscast was informative...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, When The said:

My uncle lives in Miami and I go there to visit him on occasion and I've never seen what you describe whenever I'm at the airport there. I've only seen staff offer wheelchairs to elders (and other people for that matter) who have medical conditions, require some kind of walking assistance like a cane, or who are in otherwise clearly in need of one.

Jane is so frail that she walked the red carpet and presented the Palme d'Or at Cannes 3 days ago...

• Like 4

Jane posted this photo of her with Roger Corman from Cannes last week. She doesn't seem to think he's doing too badly!

Screenshot_20230605_204235_Instagram.jpg

• Like 2