Sean

George Alagiah

28 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48625899

His cancer has returned so he will commence treatment again.

I know I picked him for this year, but he's been taunting me by reading the News At Six so long, I'm beginning to like the fact he's still going.

Good luck, George.

• Like 1

His cancer appears to be in a 'holding pattern'. He'll go on for at least a couple more years, I reckon.

4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

His cancer appears to be in a 'holding pattern'. He'll go on for at least a couple more years, I reckon.

Yeah that was prior to this latest need for new treatment though.

He's still in treatment. The cancer keeps coming back and the doctors defeat it each time.

He'll have a scan in a few weeks to see the results of the latest battle:

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1170934/George-Alagiah-bowel-cancer-diagnosis-health-update-latest-BBC-News-BBC-Breakfast-video

He was on the local news 

Looks thinner.Says he started treatment again this week.

41 minutes ago, Hosni Mubarak said:

Rip, loved him all the lethal weapon movies and predator II

I'm going to spell your name backward's. Karabum Insoh.

22 hours ago, redrumours said:

I'm going to spell your name backward's. Karabum Insoh.

What is this? Western mind games? 

On 30/10/2019 at 22:50, ebless said:

He says he does not fear death after 40 rounds of chemo. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/brave-george-alagiah-says-hes-20760336

Usually a sign they're coming to the end of the fight. Definitely on my 2020 list unless something drastic happens. 

19 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Sensible move but I get the conflict he expresses.Yes he wants to be at work desperately as he is a diligent and committed broadcaster but has had to make a decision based on probability.If he gets Corona he is highly likely to conk out befire the cancer or any other complication gets him.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Sensible move but I get the conflict he expresses.Yes he wants to be at work desperately as he is a diligent and committed broadcaster but has had to make a decision based on probability.If he gets Corona he is highly likely to conk out befire the cancer or any other complication gets him.

I get the feeling that alot of the people dying have cancer especially in Italy .

Sadly has it anyway through he is already recovering from the worst of it and seems in no danger from it.

• Like 1

Back on news of 6 tonight .Looks well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

On March 17, a week before lockdown, Alagiah developed a fever and was admitted to hospital with suspected and then confirmed coronavirus. It was mild. He did not suffer a cough and did not stay in long, but with a compromised immune system it was “protocol” to report a heightened temperature to his oncologist. “The truth is I went in for cancer not coronavirus. When I came back home, my wife got it pretty badly. She didn’t go into hospital, but she had the worst of it.”

He went back to work. At the end of April came bad news.

“My doctors have never used the word ‘chronic’ or ‘cure’ about my cancer. They’ve never used the word ‘terminal’ either. I’ve always said to my oncologist, ‘Tell me when I need to sort my affairs out’, and he’s not told me that, but what he did tell me is that the cancer is now in a third organ. It is in my lungs.”

I am shocked and sorry. “Well, I haven’t told anybody. My editor knows . . . but that is the way it is. I said to my doctor, ‘You’re going to have to do the worrying for me.’ I don’t want to fill my mind with worry. I just know that he’s a clever guy, doing everything he can.”

His chemotherapy has increased from the low dose he was on to “the old-fashioned stuff, the grown-up stuff”. He is glad we are doing the interview today. “Last week I probably wouldn’t have been in a fit state to think.” He is not sure if he will be fit to work the week we talk, but a few days afterwards I see him back on air in any case.

We all know what cancer spreading to the lungs means.

• Sad 1

Does it mean the 5th DDP coronavirus death of the year?

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

Does it mean the 5th DDP coronavirus death of the year?

Yeah, another aspect of the coronavirus are all those deaths caused by the general turmoil it caused throughout the healthcare systems. In a couple of years we might realize that the "real" deathtoll was in the millions.

And we might see a wave of late-cancer cases next year because of these critical months.

1 hour ago, Deathtreat23 said:

If he makes it to next year, definitely a candidate for the list now.

It had escaped my notice that he wasn't on this year's list - may be a good call but it will be tight.

42 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

may be a good call but it will be tight.

Thanks, I’ve been looking for a punchy line for my CV.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Yeah, another aspect of the coronavirus are all those deaths caused by the general turmoil it caused throughout the healthcare systems. In a couple of years we might realize that the "real" deathtoll was in the millions.

And we might see a wave of late-cancer cases next year because of these critical months.

A lot of health service is re-opening now. I'm fortunate enough to have first hand experience of regular healthcare (nothing terminally - sorry folks) - care dropped off a clip in March, April and May and essential regular appointments and treatment have been resuming the past couple of weeks. It might have been a bit sooner for some terminal folk, but honestly wouldn't have wanted to have been diagnosed with cancer or something really problematic in March going by the recent shutdown in the NHS....